Lie

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

Sunrays obviously jealous of both of them sleeping cosily on the bed. Jieun stirred from the night sleep and slowly sat up. She looks to her side, ‘Where’s Eunkwang?’ she thought. She knocked on the bathroom, “Are you in there?” she twist the doorknob and he’s not there.

Jieun threw the thoughts away and took her shower. She stepped outside 10 minutes later and wore her casual attire, since today’s Friday and it’s free to wear any type attire to work. Jieun went to the kitchen and again Eunkwang wasn’t there.

Jieun sighed, “Where he could be?” she mumbled while making toast. “No notes?” she mumbled again.

Jieun took her phone and called him. After 5 rings, he answered.

Jieun: Yeo-…

Eunkwang: I’m quite busy right now. Can you just call me later? I gotta go. Bye.

He hanged up straight away.  Jieun frowned, ‘what?!’ she sighed even deeper this time. ‘I called just to ask but you … *sigh*’ Jieun deep thought of Eunkwang.

Jieun wandered around the kitchen before she took her decision. ‘I think I should take a leave today.’ Jieun tapped her phone screen and called her head department, Mrs. Lee.

Jieun: Annyeonghaseyo. May I speak to Mrs. Lee?

Mrs. Lee: She’s speaking.

Jieun: Mrs. Lee, I’m Jieun.

Mrs. Lee: Yes, Jieun. Annyeonghaseyo. You have anything to say/ask?

Jieun: Can I take a leave today? I have few personal problems to be done.

Mrs. Lee: Yeah, sure. I hope you’re doing fine.

Jieun: Thank you Mrs. Lee. I’ll be back at work on Monday

Mrs. Lee: Okay, see you.

Jieun tapped her chin, ‘So, now I’ll just go to the hospital and check on Mrs. Yoon.’ She smiled and took her cars keys. Jieun quicken her foot steps to her car and the engine straight-away. Jieun sped off and arrived at the hospital 15 minutes later.

“Hey.” Minhyuk called from her back. Jieun smiled, “Hello Minhyuk.” Minhyuk frowned, “If you’re about to ask about Eunkwang, he’s at work. Busy.” Jieun answered to his thoughts. Minhyuk made an ‘O’ mouth shape.

“So, you’re on leave today?” He asked. Jieun nodded, “You?” Minhyuk sighed, “I should on leave today, but I have to replace someone.” He looked down. “Hey, don’t frown. You’ll get too much wrinkles.” Jieun winked at him. Minhyuk giggled and made his aegyo.

They both stepped in the lift, “I heard about Jaehwa’s mom.” Minhyuk start up the conversation again. “Yeah.” Jieun answered him shortly. “You’re visiting her?” Jieun asked. Minhyuk look at his watch, “I can say. I still got time.” He smiled.

The lift tings and both of them get off from the lift. “You’ve been a great friend to Jaehwa.” Minhyuk praised. “You sound different.” Jieun smirked. “W-wae?” he stutter. “You like her don’t you?” Jieun made a playful smirked.

“Like whom?” a voice asked from their back, it was Jaehwa. “This is your time. Be her man!” Jieun whispered and left them both.

“H-hey.”Minhyuk stutter.

“Hi. How are you?” Jaehwa asked.

“I’m good. You?”

“I try to be fine.” Jaehwa flashed her eye-smile and made Minhyuk’s heartbeat bounced. “I’m sorry about your mom.” He said in monotone. “Thank you.” Then everything turns quiet.

“Umm … Jaehwa, I-I actually have something to ask to you in front of your mom.” Minhyuk smiled. Jaehwa frowned, “Come.” Minhyuk held her hand and brought her to her mom’s room. Mrs. Yoon was there with Jieun having a light conversation.

“Oh, Jaehwa, you bring a friend?” Mrs. Yoon noticed Minhyuk. Minhyuk bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Lee, Lee Minhyuk-imnida.” He smiled. “Ah, what a sweet boy.” Mrs. Yoon praised. She noticed that Minhyuk and Jaehwa held hand together.

“I see you both have something important to tell me.” She teased and Jieun coughs at both of them. “Mrs. Yoon, I’m here to have your permission to love your daughter and to have her as a part of my life.” Jaehwa look at him, “Minhyuk, what are you saying?” she whispered.

“I cross my heart to have her all mine and I’ll poked my eyes if I deny and broke this promise.” Minhyuk kissed on Jaehwa’s cheek which had turn Jaehwa into red. “Aigoo! You guys are too sweet. Why you need to have my permission? Go, do what couples always do.” Mrs. Yoon shooed them.

“Kamsahamnida ommonim.” Minhyuk bowed and walked out from the room with Jaehwa. “Are you serious?” Jaehwa pulled his hand. Minhyuk looked at her, “Don’t believe me?” he smirked. ‘Well, you co-…” Minhyuk shut her lips, “There, believe me already?” Minhyuk hugged her.

While Jieun with Mrs. Yoon in the room giggled at their expression. “Jieun, I haven’t seen Eunkwang for a time.” Mrs. Yoon looked at her. Jieun tried to smile, “Since he came back from his business trip, he seems different.” Jieun look down as her tears start to wash her pale cheek.

“Don’t cry. I’m sure. He’s just busy a bit with his work.” Mrs. Yoon wiped Jieun’s tears and sooth her. “I don’t know. I feel like I’m empty without his love.” Jieun told. Mrs. Yoon smiled, “I’m sure he has his own reasons.”

For almost half an hour, Jieun spending time with Mrs. Yoon, she decided to leave. “Mrs. Yoon, visiting hours is almost end. I should leave now.” Jieun stood up from her chair. Mrs. Yoon, “Time is jealous on us. Thank you for having your time visiting me today.” Mrs. Yoon smiled.

Jieun hugged her and left the room. “Leaving so soon?” SeungHyun called from her back. Jieun giggled and turn, “Hey. Yeah. I’m going to back home, visit omma and appa.” She shrugged. SeungHyun the second person frowned, “He’s at work.” Jieun sighed.

“Oppa!” Jaera called from his back. “Oh, Jieun, hello.” She greets. Jieun smiled, “I guess I should leave you two lovey-dovey.” Jieun winked and left. “Wait, at least have a lunch with us.” Jaera stopped her. Jieun smiled, “No thanks. I’m not hungry.” Jieun bowed and left them.

Jieun furrowed her eyebrows as she took her steps to her car. She drove off to her parents’ house. Jieun rang the house bell, “Oh, Jieun. Come in.” Her father hugged her and took her in. “Yeobo! Our daughter has back.” Her mom ran from the kitchen and hugged her.

“I miss you.” Her mom shed her tears. Jieun giggled, “I miss you both too.” Jieun sat at the dining table. “Mom, what are you cooking today?” Jieun acts cute. “You’re here to eat?” her mom raised her eyebrow. Jieun nodded.

Her mom slightly sighs, “I make bulgogi and saewoo bokumbop.” Mrs. Choi served the food on the table. “Let’s eat!” Her dad excitedly said. They three sat together and ate their meal. Suddenly, an unknown number called Jieun.

Jieun: Yeobosaeyo?

Sehun: Noona! It’s me Sehun. Where are you?

Jieun: I’m at my parents’ house. Wae?

Sehun: Eunkwang hyung is drunk. I’m driving him to your house now.

Jieun: WHAT?! Okay, I’m on my way.

Jieun stood up, “Omma, appa. I have to leave now.” Jieun bowed and ran to the door. “What happen?” Mr. Choi asked. “It’s complicated.” Jieun answered. They look at each other weirdly. Jieun sped off her car back home.

She ran to the lift and unlocks the front door. Sehun rang the house bell, “Noona.” He carried Eunkwang by his arm. “Place him inside.” Jieun opened the house door wider.

“Just put him on the bed.” Jieun ran to Sehun and opened their room door. Sehun laid him on the bed, “What happen?” Jieun asked as they leave the bed.

“I was driving for having my lunch. Then I saw him sleeping at the park’s bench.” Sehun told. Jieun sighed, “Thank you.”

“Noona, I’m didn’t mean to interfere your personal but did you guys fight?” he asked. Jieun shook her head, “N-no. We’re just fine.” Sehun nodded. “I should leave now. Bye.” He bowed and left the house.

Jieun went back to the room. ‘Eunkwang, what happen to you?’ she thought. Jieun his shirt and loosen his belt around his waist. Jieun took his shirt and smelled something. She sniffled, ‘Why there’s woman’s perfume on his shirt? And doesn’t smell like mine.’ Jieun became curious. She placed his shirt in the laundry bucket and went to kitchen to make herself calm.

After a few hours staring at the cold floor, Eunkwang came out from his room with his head, ached. “Jieun?” he asked as he looks around. “You’re at home.” She answered sarcastically.

“W-what happen?” he asked back.

“You wanna know what happen?” Jieun raised her voice.

“Jeez, chill out.” He smirked.

“Chill? How can I chill when Sehun found you sleeping at the park’s bench with alcoholic smell all over your body?!” Jieun’s tears begin to fell. Eunkwang looked at her, like nothing’s have through.

“You didn’t left any notes. Where have you been?” Jieun asked.

“I went to work of course.”

“You went to the club, did you?” Jieun wiped her tears.

“I-I don’t.” Eunkwang stutter.

“Don’t you dare to lie, Seo Eunkwang. Why there’s smell of ladies perfume stick on your shirt with a lipstick stain on your shoulder back?” Jieun glared at him.


What just?