Confused.

It Was a Long Journey For Us

The hospital's smell quite sting because of the medicine and technically had woke Eunkwang early that morning. He head, “Ah!” the headache killing him particularly that morning. He moved closer to the red button on his left.

2 minutes after, 2 nurses get into his room for painkillers. “Why am I like this?” he asked. One of the nurses smiled, “You had a headache of the shock temporary from the accident. You’ll be fine.” She said.

Eunkwang stirred back to sleep as the painkillers made him a bit drowsy that morning. 3 hours later, he woke up and found 2 persons staring at him. “You’ve awake? Are you okay?” a female voice asked.

His images were a bit blurred and he blinked a few time before he could recognize his parents, “Omma? Appa?” Eunkwang slowly sat up. “Aigoo~ my son. I’m so worried about you.” His mom whined.

His dad giggled, “How are you?” he asked. His parents try not to ask about the accident even though their curiosity kills them inside to know. Eunkwang nodded, “Just a normal headache but I’m fine now, thanks. How are you?”

Both of them nodded, “We’re fine. It’s just that we’re so worried about you, sleeping for too long.” His mom said. “That’s why it called coma yeobo.” His dad replied to his mom and get a slightly his on his arm.

Everything turns quiet for a while, “Mr. Seo, this is your breakfast and your mediations. Please finish it all. I’ll be taking back at 10. Eat while the food is still warm.” A nurse came in with a tray of food. He nods and look to his food.

‘Seaweed soup and kimchi?’ He thought. “You have no choice, you must eat it.” His dad some kind could read his Eunkwang’s face. Eunkwang ate the tasteless food and placed the tray aside as he finish it all, including his medication.

It was a complete silence, since Eunkwang ate, his dad stare outside and his mom stare at him. “Eunkwang-ah, you know that Eunjae came back home the other day?” his mom start-up. Eunkwang nodded, “I got his letter.” He showed the envelope.

His dad sat back next to his bed, “We have something to tell you, and it’s really important.” ‘Okay, you sound serious.’ Eunkwang look at him, anticipating.

“Is this about Jieun?” Eunkwang asked.

They look to each other and nod back at him, “Yes, it’s about her.” His mom answered and lightly sighed.  “She’s fine, if you’re asking but she’s still in coma. I don’t want you to be worry much about her and yourself. You need plenty of rest.” His mom told.

“I’m glad to have you back. The doctor told us at first, chances for you to awake is 50/50 and we thanked god you finally awaken. About Jieun, we have a happy news for you.” His dad continued.

“She’s in coma, what do you expect to have happy news from a coma patient?!” Eunkwang raised his eyebrow at them. “She’s … she’s pregnant, 5 months.” His mom stutter. “Hey, don’t make-up stories.” Eunkwang thought it was a joke but his parent’s face can’t ever lie.

“What … serious? Jieun … pregnant … how … what?” Eunkwang in confused with his jaw hanged.  “The doctor informed to us when she CT scanned her for any inner organs or bones damage. And the result shows she’s completely fine inside with additional pregnant, twins.” His mom tapped his shoulder.

“And don’t ask how can she pregnant!” his dad teased. “Abeoji! I ‘m not that stupid to ask that!” Eunkwang crossed his arms. ‘I’m a father for a pair of twins.’ Eunkwang thought. “Did they tell what twins?” Eunkwang asked. They shook their head, “Son, it’s too early to check what genders will your children are.” His mom smiled.

‘This is good news!’ Eunkwang smiled wider. He look to his side, “Hey, where’s my handphone?” Eunkwang into the drawer while asking. “It’s at Minhyuk, I guess. He’s the one that take care of you when you’re in coma.” His dad answered. Eunkwang only made an ‘O’ mouth shape.

“How’s Christmas?” Eunkwang asked. “Gloomy.” One word from his dad. That awkward silence came back. They look at each other, “Well, look at the time. Its moving faster than I thought.” His dad looks at his watch. His mom nods and took her handbag and sling over her shoulder, “We’ll get going now. Take care.” They smiled before left Eunkwang alone his room.

Eunkwang sighed and smiled at the same time, ‘God giving us another chance. But, why am I so stupid!’ he hit his head with the pillow. The nurse came back to his room, “Mr. Seo, I come to take the tray.” He half-smiled to the nurse.

She left with the tray at her hand. ‘I should sleep for a while.’ Eunkwang thought as he land his back and stare at the white ceiling. ‘I can’t wait to meet Jieun. Jieun, do you miss me like I do?’ he mentally asked.

Soon, his eyelids slowly covered his almond shaped eyes. In his dream, he met Jieun with two identical kids in between them. “Eunkwang-ah, I love you. But we must let ourselves be the way we want.”

“What are you saying Jieun?” Eunkwang asked and try to eye-contact with her.

“What I say is we need to divorce.” She explained. “Wh-why? What about our children?” Eunkwang asked her back. “If you’re saying we shouldn’t divorce because of the kids, you’re a bad family leader.”

Eunkwang stood there, watch Jieun with their child leave. “Jieun! Please! Don’t go! Jieun!” Eunkwang yelled for her. Suddenly, a voice called him, “Eunkwang!” he immediately opened his eyes and sat up and look to his sides, “You’re having a bad dream?” Minhyuk asked.

Eunkwang lie back, “Sort of. I dreamt of her, asking for divorce again.” Eunkwang told. Minhyuk pat his shoulder, “It’s just a bad dream. It won’t be true.” Minhyuk sooth him. “I guess.” Eunkwang shrugged.

“How long have you been staring at me while I’m asleep?” Eunkwang asked. Minhyuk giggled, “Well, about 5 minutes then you start to yell Jieun’s name.” he answered.

“Minhyuk, you’re my best friend, right?” Eunkwang winked. Minhyuk raised his eyebrows, “Bro, what have got into you?” he asked. Eunkwang try to aegyo Minhyuk but literally, “You look ugly. Stop your aegyo. I can do better than you!” Minhyuk blew his bangs aside.

“I have a favour for you.” Eunkwang said. “Just spill the beans.” Minhyuk crossed his arms. “I wanna see Jieun. Just for a while.” Eunkwang grabbed his wrist.

“But, you can’t Eunkwang. I may get to troubles if I let you.” Minhyuk told him. “Please, we just look from the small window on the door.” Eunkwang said. Minhyuk thought for a while, “Fine, but don’t blame me if you can’t get what you want.” Minhyuk warned.

Eunkwang stood up and walked with Minhyuk to the lift. “Have you visit Jieun before?” Eunkwang asked. Minhyuk smiled, “Yup, with my lady.” He proudly answered. “Wait, your lady? You’ve married?” Eunkwang bombarded him with questions.

“My fiancée you silly, Its Jaehwa.” Minhyuk slightly his Eunkwang hit from the back. Eunkwang rubbed the back of his head. The lift doors open and they stepped out. Minhyuk walked to the front and followed by Eunkwang.

“Take your time.” Minhyuk pat Eunkwang’s shoulder before left him stood in front of Jieun’s room. Eunkwang smiled and peaked at the small window at the door. He can only see her silhouette with her stomach growing, lying on the bed without any movement.

Eunkwang sighed, ‘I hate myself. Jieun please forgive me. I’m so regret for not being myself on that moment.’ He punched the wall and his fist entirely turns blue-purple. “Eunkwang? Is that you?” a male voice called from his side.

He looks to his left; it was Mr. Choi with Mrs. Choi. They walked closer to him. “I didn’t know you already awake.” Mrs. Choi told surprisingly. Eunkwang smiled. “Your parents didn’t say anything on your progress.” Mr. Choi continued.

“Please forgive me for all of this. I was wrong and selfish at that moment and I have no intentions to have Jieun like this. I’m sorry that we couldn’t spend Christmas and New Year together because of my stupid mistake. It’s my entire fault. I’m sorry for everything that happened.” Eunkwang begged on his knees with tears sprawling down his cheeks in front of Mr. and Mrs. Choi.

“Ommonim, abeoji, I’m sorry truly for all mistakes.” He begged again and looks at them. Mr. Choi held him up on his feet, “We know we couldn’t blame you of all things that happened. I’m sorry Eunkwang, but we couldn’t accept your apology yet.” He said and his last words made Eunkwang’s soul tear into half.

‘I’m wrong, obviously 100%. I understand you couldn’t accept mine.’ He thought.

Mrs. Choi held his hand, “I’m a mother that understands my children well. But I have my limits for everything, Eunkwang. I hope you understand for now.” she tries to smile. Eunkwang nodded and to understands the whole scene. ‘I’m sorry.’ Only Eunkwang could think.

Mr. Choi hugged him, “I hope you’ll be strong enough to be a father soon.” He whispered. Eunkwang’s tears seem flooded his eyes. Eunkwang hugged back after a while. “I think it’s better for us to keep you away from her for a while. To get things calm as usual.” Mrs. Choi said as they break the hug.

‘Separate? What?’ Eunkwang thought. “We’ll call you on any updates on Jieun.” Mrs. Choi sooth his back. Eunkwang smiled, “Nae.” Only now he speaks up.

“I guess I should be going now.” he shed his tears away. They nodded, understand, “I’ll see you guys soon.” Eunkwang bowed and left them. Minhyuk was in front of the lift, waiting for him. He became much more worried when he saw Eunkwang cried, normally this boy wouldn’t cry.

“What happen?!” he asked. Eunkwang wipe all his tears and smiled at him, “I’ll tell you.” They walked into the lift and get back to Eunkwang’s room. “You can tell me now.” Minhyuk said as he sat next to his bed.

Eunkwang smiled, “They said they couldn’t accept my apology.” Minhyuk made an ‘O’ mouth shape. “So, what’s with the smile?” he asked. Eunkwang smiled wider, “I’m a father for a pair of twins!” he said excitedly.

“But I’m really curious you know. About Jieun’s pregnancy, like how could the baby survive well when the mom is in deep coma?” he tapped his chin wondered. “God got His power and He knows what to do.” Minhyuk replied.

Eunkwang sighed, “I really want to see her up-close.” He said. Minhyuk tapped his shoulder, “Don’t dig your own grave!” he said in deep voice.

“But, I’m her husband!” he try to convince. Minhyuk look down for a while before look back at him, “Why don’t you ask SeungHyun? Maybe he could help.” He gave an option. “BINGO! Thank you!” Eunkwang pulled and hugged Minhyuk tight.

“Where’s my phone?” Eunkwang asked Minhyuk. Minhyuk took from his bag, “Your handphone wallpaper is lovely. You guys should be that way often.” He winked. Then Eunkwang remembered, it was the picture of him and Jieun kissed on the day that they had a dinner with Minhyuk and Jaehwa.

Eunkwang searched his contacts to ‘S’ and found it! SeungHyun Hyung. He called and waits.

SeungHyun: Yeobosaeyo?

Eunkwang: Nae, hyung. It’s me, Eunkwang.

SeungHyun: Eunkwang-ah, you’ve awake? When? How are you?

Eunkwang: Yesterday evening. I’m fine thank you for asking.

SeungHyun: I’m glad. Wait, where did you get my number? Jieun gave it to you?

Eunkwang: No, I took it from her. Lol, she gave me the other day when we hit the saloon. Hyung, are you busy?

SeungHyun: Not really. But it’s my lunch time now. Wae-yo?

Eunkwang: I have a big thing to ask.

SeungHyun: You’re my sister’s husband and my greatest brother in-law. What can I do for you?

Eunkwang: Our parents have decided to keep me and Jieun separate for a while. But, you see, I can’t hold it much longer. I miss her so much and I want to see her up-close. I hope you could help me, since you’re a doctor. You know, like an easy-access. I understand if you can’t.

SeungHyun: Wow, that’s quite long. Wait, let me see my schedule. Hmm~ how about this evening around 5pm? I’m free.

Eunkwang: Jijja?! Kamsahamnida hyung! Nae~ Kamsahamnida!

SeungHyun: *giggled* I’ll ‘pick’ you from your room then.

Eunkwang: Okay.

He ended the call. Eunkwang almost screamed on top of his lungs, but he can’t since this is a hospital. “So?” Minhyuk asked the obvious. “HE AGREED!!!” Eunkwang squeals.

“I need to use the washroom fro a while.” Minhyuk went to the toilet and left Eunkwang on the bed, smiling alone. Eunkwang look back into his phone gallery, where his pictures with Jieun were never deleted nor erased from his memory.

‘That smile, I missed it so much. Will I able to see it again?’ he thought. Minhyuk came not long after, “Hey, I gotta run now. I have worked to do.” Minhyuk sling his bag on his own. “Or you have a date with your Nam Jaehwa?!” Eunkwang smirked.

“You can say both.” Minhyuk giggled. Eunkwang smiled at his friend, “Hey, good luck on seeing her. Bye!” Minhyuk waved and leave the room with happy mood Eunkwang. ‘He sometimes acts like a truly maniac!’ Minhyuk thought.

‘Why do feel so sleepy today?!’ Eunkwang thought. His eyelids already covered his eyes and drifted off to slumber.

He felt something shaky on his side. He slowly lifts up his eyelids and it was SeungHyun with his lab coat, “I’m sorry to disturb but I have to get you early because I have an important surgery at 5pm later.” He whispered.

“Huh?” Eunkwang ruffled his hair. “They changed my schedule out of sudden.” He continued. Eunkwang rubbed his face and went to the sink. “Hyung, what time is it?” Eunkwang asked while wiped his face. “Its 3.50pm.”

Eunkwang walk with SeungHyun to the lift. “I know this is bad thing to do. But, I can feel you know getting distance with your loved ones even for 2 levels above.” He crossed his arms like he always do. “Wait; was that a compliment or sarcasm?” Eunkwang asked. “I can say … both! Compliment of course.” SeungHyun almost make Eunkwang in shock.

“So, how’s Jaera with you?” Eunkwang asked while they’re in the lift. “She’s fine and beautiful always. Thank you for asking.” He bowed. Eunkwang giggled, “You guys have married?” He asked in monotone.

SeungHyun shook his head, “We couldn’t do our wedding ceremony as we planned because we don’t want to be regret of our newly wedded Jieun and Eunkwang wasn’t there to watch us.” He answered. ‘Aww~’ Eunkwang smiled, “Hyung, you should have just proceed.” They walked out from the lift.

“We all make the best decision.” He tapped Eunkwang’s shoulder. They walk towards Jieun’s room. SeungHyun slowly turns the doorknob, “No one inside.” Eunkwang followed him back. SeungHyun pulled the white curtain and revealed Jieun.

She was there with a bad condition. Seeing the bruises and scratches on her body made Eunkwang’s heart dropped and burst. ‘Jieun, I … I’m sorry.’

“Jieun, I miss you. I miss listening to your bubbly voice. I miss listening to your sweet laugh. I miss everything about you.” Eunkwang kissed at the back of her hand. SeungHyun pats his back. “I know you missed her so much but we can’t be long.” He said. Eunkwang nodded, “Hyung, thank you.” SeungHyun smiled.

“Jieun, if you could hear me, I want to know that I love you. I’m sorry that we had a fight over a small things but I’m even regret and blaming everything on myself after seeing you like this.” Eunkwang apologise.

Slowly Jieun’s fingers moved, “Op-pa…” she called and made Eunkwang and SeungHyun in shock. “I’ll call the doctor. Stay by her side!” he said before left to get her doctor.

Jieun slowly opened her eyes, “Jieun? Can you hear me? It’s me, Eunkwang.” Eunkwang caressed her cheek. “Oppa?” her eyes entirely opened and look to her side. “Jieun!” Eunkwang cried even more and hugged her into his embrace.

“I miss you Jieun!” Eunkwang said.

Jieun breaks the hug, “I’m sorry. Do I know you?” 

Her words just made Eunkwang even more confused than ever. 


O M G!

Another mental breakdown in just one day for Eunkwang!

I thought of Roh Ji Hoon's PUNISHMENT song when I typed this chapter xD 

It gave me a bt of inspiration.

Tell me how was it?

I'll be away for a 2 days vacation, but IF i could update it'll be better, right?

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all who celebrates it! HO HO HO~ *tried to sound like Santa Claus*