Back to the Letter

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

“Jieun…” Eunkwang slowly shook her.

The babies in the crib now, watching them with giggles and gnawed their pillows with them. Jieun awakes but she refused to open her eyes, “Hey, I know you’re awake. And I’m sorry.” Eunkwang on his knees and held her pale, white hands.

Her tears sprawled down her cheek, “Why?” she asked with her coarse voice. Jieun slowly open her eyes. She pulled back her hands, “Why did you kept this away from me?”

He deep sighed, “I … I couldn’t afford to see you heartbroken again. Not after you lose everything about me and the present. I don’t have any guts.”

Eunkwang spread out his arms and hugged her tight, “I’m sorry, Jieun. I … I really do.” She tightens her arms around his waist and sobbed on his shirt. They both stay that moment for a while until Jieun heard nothing from the babies’ grip.

Jieun softly pushed Eunkwang from her embrace and took a glance, “Now-now, why both of you awake? Aren’t you both suppose to sleep?” she stare at them both like they would understand.

Eun Soo and Eun Sook stare and both of them with their jaw slightly opened. The atmosphere turns quiet for a while, “Khuisshh … gaaw...” Eun Soo let her arms out as for reaching her parents and Eun Sook suddenly crying.

“Looks like they need us.” Eunkwang walked forward and took Eun Soo in his arms, “Aigoo! My baby boy, why are crying? You miss me?” he asked while rocking the babies back and forth. As Eun Soo in his father’s arm, he stopped crying.

“Why don’t we take a tour around the house? Maybe you can choose your favourite spot?” he suggests and crossing fingers so that the 2-months old kid will enjoy their father-son moment.

“Eun Soo! Look, birdie! Say hi to birdie!” Eunkwang rocking the baby as he sang to the infant. The bird flew away and his sight went back to Eun Soo, “Now, let’s go to the living room and check some TV shows.”

Eun Soo literally fall back asleep as Eunkwang slowly tapped him and lullabies at him. He smiled, “You must grow up and be as you dream. Be an engineer, a doctor, a lawyer or even an idol like. Do things you like. You’ll make me proud someday, uh?” he slowly walked back to the babies’ room.

“Yah! I’m having my own thing here with my daughter. Can you just knock the door?!” Jieun sounds mad and slightly raised her voice. Eunkwang shushed her and placed sleeping Eun Soo back in the crib.

“How’s she?”

She smiled, “Well, she’s fine and you missed one thing.”

“What?” he pretends nothing wrong.

“Nothing.” She sighed as she placed Eun Sook back in the crib. Eunkwang circles his arms around her waist, “How could I forget this thing?” he smoothly kissed on her neck, jaw line and her cheek. She pushed his arms down, “What? Can’t I even hug my own beautiful wife?”

“My stomach is still flabby and my weight is increasing, yet you still can call me beautiful?” she raised her eyebrow and look at him. “Feeling insecure? You still look beautiful to me, no matter what.” He praised and kissed her temples.

“Come, you must be hungry. I cook your dinner.” She intertwined her fingers with his. “Let me do it. You look too tired. I’m a good cook, remember?” he guides her to sat on the high stool and watch him do the work.

He starts to crack some eggs and batter them constantly. Jieun admires her husband from afar and smiled to him every time he took a glance. “Do I look that good?” he asked.

She showed her gummy smile, “You could say. I admire you.”

“How can you admire me? I’m your husband, for God sake.” He mentally facepalmed himself. “You really good in cooking, right Kwangie?”

He giggled and cooked the food. One thing that Jieun couldn’t do exactly like him is that, she couldn’t cook without a loud bang while cooking unlike Eunkwang, safe-in-sound.

“Eunkwang?”

“Hmm?”

“When did you receive those ‘blood letters’?”

He looks back at Jieun firm in soft gaze, “I’ll tell you the truth. I’ve received them after we hit the car crash, the moment when you lose your memory.”

Jieun straightened herself as he served the food, “Why won’t you tell me?”

“I can’t let myself to see you suffer, not during the time during your labour.” He caressed her cheek. “Now, we shouldn’t let my masterpiece to be cold. We can continue this later, alright? Shall we eat?” Jieun shook her head as he instructs to eat.

They chew, swallow and even fed each other, “I miss your cooking. When was the last time I ate your food?” she tapped her chin.

“I think almost … a year ago.” He tapped his chin and thought back. “Nah, I cooked again, right? Let me wash the dishes.” As he reaches for her plates, Jieun held his hands. “Let’s wash the dishes together.”

Eunkwang scrubbed the plates and Jieun wipe the wet plates and arranged them later in the cabinet. “You should take a shower and changed your clothes. Don’t you feel sticky and uncomfortable with it?” Jieun pinched his cheeks.

He pouts, “But, I want to be with my Jieun.”

She landed her lips on his, “You will after you have a bath young man, wait no! Daddy.” She stuck her tongue out and wiped the table. Eunkwang stomped his feet while walking to the bathroom for a warm bath.

Few minutes later, Eunkwang still with his old habits being half and act nothing’s wrong. “Kwang-ah please put a shirt on. What if our children see you in this state, uh?”

“They would my admire my features as you do.” He winked and sat next to her.

“Tsk! They won’t. They’ll probably heart attack with your bad habit.” She teased.

Jieun leaned herself on his broad chest, “We will see our children grow, right?” somehow, Eunkwang felt Déjà vu onto her question, just like he dreamed before. He nods, “Of course we will. I bet that’s what JH written in the letter right?”

“JH?” she looks back at Eunkwang.

“The person who sent in the letter? You don’t know?” he asked and Jieun shook her head and wondering who JH is. “Where’s the letter?”

Jieun went back to the babies’ nursery and slowly took the letter on the rocking chair and slowly closed the door behind her. “Here you go.” She hands over the letter.

Eunkwang read the letter and thought; ‘It is him but why he wouldn’t reveal his name on this letter?’ he became suspicious. “What? Something bad?”

“Jieun …” he called.

“Yes, my dear.”

He encourage himself for this moment, “Actually, JH wrote more than this but he never reveals for your letter.”

“Eunkwang, what’s the matter? Why?” she held both of his hands.

“JH wants me to tell you by myself.”


Hey lovelies!

So, umm I lost my train of thoughts when I type this earlier. I kinda lost and blank to find a new idea. Well, the only think I could think is, my school carnival (Wanna come? We have Hamster ball and photobooth~) and I can't get rid of it. *sigh* I hope your comments could cheer and motivates me :) I planned on doing a new fic, how's that? It still on planning and still no confirmation from my brain. I'll be having my Lower Secondary Evaluation aka PMR and it's huge thing for me. I still can't get rid of my subscribers, somehow, I'll miss you guys a lot.

Btw, I've received my exam results and it went pretty bad mostly. I have 3A's, 4B's and 1C and this is dangerous! I have to get my brain ready and my grade back to straight A's which I have done before. Still, I'm in learning process and the only subject that makes me suffer is History. Ergh >.<

Comment below, yeah?

Oh and don't forgo tto subscribe too~