A Prayer

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

“Hyung~ let’s visit omma!” Hyungjae whined and pulled the tip of Himchan’s shirt. “Can it be tomorrow? I’m tired Hyungjae and I want to sleep.” Himchan pulled over the blanket and covered over him.

Hyungjae pretend sulking and sniffling, “You’re mean! Hyung is very mean!” Hyungjae ran out right after. Eventually, few tears sprawling out from his baby eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Yongguk bend down as same level as him pulls Hyungjae into his embrace.

“Hi…H-Himchan hy-hyung … is mean. He won’t l-let me to meet omma.” Hyungjae sobbing into Yongguk and stained his white shirt with his tears. He pats his back, “What is he doing right now??” he asked. Hyungjae released the koala hug and wiped away his tears, “He’s sleeping.”

Yongguk giggled.

“Maybe he’s too tired. But I can go with you, you want that?” he made an offered.

Hyungjae nods his head vigorously, “Yes! Yongguk hyung is the best!”

“Now, go get ready and meet me downstairs, alright boy?” He pats his head and Hyungjae ran to his room and change. Yongguk walk downstairs and met Hana who is mopping the floor, “You know, you made a great job cleaning the house.” He praised.

“As if, they treat me as the maid of the house!” Hana wiped her sweats away.

“Yongguk, are you sure, we still need to keep this as a secret?” Hana plopped herself on the couch. Yongguk walks closer to her, “We still need few days before we can reveal it. You pretty sure about this?” Hana nods.

Yongguk hugged her and whispered, “I promise it won’t be long.” Hana hugged back. Hyungjae from his room ran downstairs and found Hana and Yongguk hugging, “Hyung … did you … together?” he asked.

Hana pushed Yongguk aside, “Ah … Hyungjae-ah, you’re going anywhere?” she distracts the whole situation and pretend to be usual. “Yongguk hyung will bring me to meet omma. Noona, let’s go!”

“You two should go. I’m tired cleaning the house. Hyungjae, be nice alright? And behave.” Hana warned his active and playful actions. Hyungjae nods, “We’ll be leaving now. Bye!” Yongguk took Hyungjae’s hand and left to the car at the porch.

He buckles up Hyungjae and start off the engine, “Wait! Where’s my phone?! Oh sh-…”

“Hyung! Don’t curse!” Hyungjae cupped Yongguk’s mouth.

Yongguk giggled, “Wait me for a while.” He left the car door ajar, not wanting any bad things happen in the car.

He ran upstairs to Himchan’s room, “Dude, I’m going to visit Jieun. Sure you’re not coming?!” Yongguk asked for the last time. Himchan sat up with his messy hair, “Yes Bang Leader! I’m not going.” He sighed before lay back.

“You know, you should treat Hyungjae nicely even though he’s adopted…” Yongguk held his shoulder that hidden under the bed sheet.

“Bye! Say hi to Jieun for me and come back soon!” Himchan waved as in I-understand answer to Yongguk’s words earlier. He shut the door and walks to the kitchen.

Yongguk encircle his arms around Hana’s waist, “Hey, I’ll be going now. Call me if anything’s up!” he planted a light kiss on her left cheek. Hana giggled, “You better get your home early. I’m making your favourite dish.”

“Yes ma’am!” he shows off his gummy smile and left.

“What take you so long?!” Hyungjae whined. Yongguk smiled and care not to say anything. Hyungjae played with Yongguk’s Tigger doll which he always placed at the dashboard. “Hyung … do you have girlfriend?” Hyungjae suddenly ask.

Yongguk almost hit the break pedal and get into an accident, but luckily his driving skills is way better than that he only took a slight glance at Hyungjae, “What makes you ask that?”

The traffic suddenly turns red and Yongguk really thankful for that, “Hyung, I’m 6 years old and I’m not that small kid okay? What’s with ‘I promise I won’t be long’ and hugging part?” Hyungjae bombarded with questions.

“You misheard everything Hyungjae…” Yongguk tried to cover up.

Hyungjae tsked trice, “Hey, trying to play nice aren’t you, hyung?”

Yongguk gulped and felt a bit hard swallowing his saliva, “I’m saying that because we won’t visit Jieun omma for long. That’s why.” He finally adds up more lies.

Hyungjae glared at him for a while, “Okay, I trust you.” He continued playing with Tigger. Yongguk lightly sighed, ‘Yes! I have it secure.’ He is mentally enjoying the small ceremony in his head.

Yongguk parked the car and carried Hyungjae in his arms. They walked to the reception counter, “May I know the patient named Seo Jieun’s ward?” Yongguk asked. The receptionist looks through the record in the laptop.

“She’s at ward 8A, no …”

“Omma!” Hyungjae pointed and ran outside to the hospital garden. “HYUNGJAE!!” Yongguk called him. “I’m sorry, but by any chance are you the father of the kid?” she asked. “I am for now.” Yongguk sighed as he saw Hyungjae hugged over Jieun.

“By the way thank you for the info.” He bowed and left to the garden. As he walks, there’s a guy next to Jieun and Hyungjae sat between them. “Yongguk!” the guy called. Yongguk pointed to himself and walk nearer to them.

“Hyung, I bet you’re the only one that named Yongguk here!” Hyungjae teased. Jieun giggled, “I’m Byunghyun.” He offered a handshake. Yongguk tried to smile, “Don’t get me wrong, Hyungjae told me your name.”

Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck and joined the party, “Yongguk-sshi, it seems that you’re his legal guardian for today. Where are Hana and Himchan?” Jieun asked. “Hana is busy tidying up the house and the other guy is busy having himself a long sleep.”

Jieun made an ‘O’ mouth shape. “Yongguk-sshi, tell me about yourself. You seem familiar.”

“I’m the leader of the rising rookie group, B.A.P. Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Bang Yongguk, leader of B.A.P” He made his usual introduction.

Hyungjae excitedly clapped his hand, although this is not his first time seeing his hyung making introduction, but he seems very high on sugar. “Uwaaah!”

“What about you Byunghyun-sshi?” Yongguk try to open up the space.

“I’m the heir of Lee Corp Company. You know the company that made the first frozen yogurt in Korea. Oh and please drop the formalities. Just call me Byunghyun.” He eye-smiled.

“And I’m Kim Hyungjae.” Hyungjae adds up.

They all burst into laughing, “Hyung, can I be friend with that boy?” Hyungjae pointed to a boy who’s sitting alone on a bench a far from them. “Come. Let-…”

“Byunghyun hyung can company you right?” Jieun tapped Byunghyun’s shoulder as the signal and Byunghyun agreed with it. “Y-yeah sure. Why not?” he stood up and held Hyungjae’s wrist and walk over to the boy.

“Hey, what’s up with Hana?” Jieun nudge over Yongguk’s ribs. Yongguk raised one of his eyebrows at Jieun, “How did you …”

“So it’s true then! You’re with Hana!!” Jieun sounds excited and people around looking. Jieun bowed as sorry. “Yah~ Bang Yongguk! Tell me about it!”

“We didn’t expect to be together but how did you know?”

Jieun showed her phone, “I text her almost every hour, ya’ know I’m sayin’?”

Yongguk held his gummy smile, “Well, you know about it and its official. But, not yet to the public.”

“Aww~ Why? Its romantic you know, secret love.”

“Yeah, that’s our 2nd single from the first mini album, thank you for the support.” Yongguk bowed and being too sarcastic for that moment. “On second thought, where’s your nampyeon?” he looks around.

Jieun smiled, “He’s somewhere or on his way here. He never tells me if he wanted to come.” Jieun crossed her arms.

“Hey, he’s your husband, Jieun.”

“Yeah! Jieun, he’s your husband!” A sudden voice from her back, which indicates the only Eunkwang.

Jieun squealed, “Jagiya!” she hugged Eunkwang and hanged like a koala on him. “Hey, you’re getting heavier now. You don’t expect me to end up in hospital now, right?” he teased. Yongguk laughed over them both, “Oh, appa?”

Eunkwang look behind and saw Hyungjae walks over with Byunghyun. “HI there manager!” Eunkwang greets to Byunghyun. “He’s the next heir, appa. What the old people called, CEO.”

Eunkwang made an ‘O’ mouth shape, “Anyway, I brought enough food for all.” Jieun looks back and forth of Eunkwang’s figure. “And, everything’s are at your room sweetie, don’t worry, alright?”

“Hyungjae, my son! How are you?” Eunkwang carried him and spurns him around.

“Appa! Turn faster! Faster!” Eunkwang turns as the little boy commands, yet he has to stop no matter what, “Why are you stopping?” he pouted. Yongguk ruffles Hyungjae’s hair, “Your appa is getting older and you shouldn’t force him to do that.”

“In fact, you’re heavier than your appa.” Byunghyun teased along with Yongguk. ‘I guess both boys have found their chemistry.’

“Let’s continue our conversation back upstairs. The time has brought to my dinner time, and I need to feed these babies.” Jieun caressed her stomach.

“Aww~ the mommy is hungry. Anybody up for grabs?” Eunkwang playfully ask.

“Me! ME!!” Hyungjae raised up his hands.

“And … can I bring my friend along?” He asked. Eunkwang carried him back into his arms, “Where is your friend I suppose?”

He pointed to a hairless boy sitting along at the bench a far from them, “Sure why not.” He walks over with Hyungjae. “Hi, I’m Hyungjae’s appa. Would you like to have a dinner with us?” Eunkwang bend himself as the same height as the boy.

“Uncle, I would love too, but thanks anyway. I don’t like to be the third wheel.” The small kid bowed and gave up his small smile. “It’s alright, but Hyungjae here needs companion and I bought a lot of food. Maybe you could eat together with Hyungjae?”

The boy thinks again, “Please? Then, we can play together!” Hyungjae pleaded.

He smiled, “Alright.”

Soon, all of them walk together to Jieun’s ward and having their dinner together as a family. “By the way, my name is Eunkwang.” Eunkwang introduce himself. “I’m Dongsun.”

Eunkwang can only smiled to him as he knew what the boy diagnose with. From what he asked a nurse earlier, the boy is having leukaemia. Yes, going through some surgeries, chemotherapy or even radiation therapy must be painful for a little boy to stay alive. But there are no more options for him to choose.

He mutters prayers for Dongsun to stay alive and wishing him to stay healthy.


I manage to do this within 2 hours and its done!

There you go, another update for this week :)

Enjoy lovelies :3