Third Piece of Puzzle

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

“Oppa, please. One more week?” Jieun begged SeungHyun for another leave. SeungHyun told her a night before, that his leave will end soon and she has to stay with Eunkwang. No exception!

“I’m sorry Jieun. It’s almost time; you have to stay with him. He’s your husband.” SeungHyun convinced her. “But-…”

“No more buts! Maybe you can start a new chapter with him. He’s nice, trust me. Eunkwang did many things that other men won’t do to their wife. You’re lucky Jieun to have him. Don’t break his heart.” SeungHyun held her shoulders and look right into her eyes.

Jieun lightly sighed, “You haven’t tell me where’s SeungJae oppa.”

SeungHyun’s mind replayed all the memories on Seungjae’s accident, his funeral days and all the tears they’ve missed him all day. “Oppa?” Jieun called SeungHyun from his deep thought.

“It’s hard for me to say it.” He shrugged and looks down on the white marble floor.

Jieun smiled, “You can start, where he is right now? What’s probably he’s doing?” she gave out questions. SeungHyun half-hearted smile at her, “I can’t.” SeungHyun sat on the couch and pat next to him.

“All I can say is he’s proud of you no matter how it is.” SeungHyun ruffled her hair. Jieun crossed her arms, “Just spill the beans.” She instructs and no more riddles. But SeungHyun was tough enough not to let any words about SeungJae spill from his mouth.

“Maybe Eunkwang can tell you about him.”

Jieun raised her right eyebrow and gave what-do-you-mean look, “He knows about him.” SeungHyun playfully smiled and prayed that everything’s gonna be fine.

“Does he?” she asked back. SeungHyun nods, “Of course. He’s one of the family now so must know about him.” He smiled.

SeungHyun understands that jieun is much closer to SeungJae than him. Their is not that far, compared to SeungHyun and Jieun is about 5 years. SeungJae always accompanied Jieun almost all the time. SeungJae even will himself to change his medical studies from USA to Korea just to take care of Jieun. SeungJae means a lot for her.

Jieun sat at the passenger seat next to the driver’s, “Jieun, I’m very sure about this. It’s the right time for you to regain your memories about him.” SeungHyun said as he parked the car.

We’ll be up, soon. – SeungHyun

Okay. – Eunkwang

SeungHyun supports Jieun’s waist and walk with her to the lift, “The babies kicking?” he noticed Jieun’s face seems holding the pain. She nods, “That’s what mothers always feel during pregnancy right?” she smiled.

He rang the door twice. Eunkwang from the kitchen opened the door and found both of them, “Hi! Come in.” he gestured.

“Make yourself at home.” He said as he walked back to the kitchen. SeungHyun mouthed, ‘I’m going to the toilet for a while.’ Jieun couldn’t stop him. She eventually gets bored and went to kitchen checking on Eunkwang, “The TV shows seems boring, huh?” he asked, knowing Jieun’s presence behind him.

She giggled, “You can say that.” She walked closer and try to peek in, “What are you cooking?” she asked. “I’m just making the desserts. Chocolate fondue, I learned it with my mom while I was in high school.” He looked to Jieun as he explained.

Jieun can feel her cheeks were shading slowly to red, “Are you hungry? You wanna eat now?” Jieun shook her head shyly, “No, I’m not hungry yet, neither the babies.” She caressed her stomach. She sat on the high stool with her eyes watching every move Eunkwang made.

“Yes! I’m finish!” Eunkwang made a bit victory dance. Jieun giggled from watching him, dance goofily, “Can I help with something? Maybe arranging the cutleries?” Jieun offered.

Eunkwang suddenly remembered the day when he came back from home and found Jieun lay on the floor with blood. The next thing he knew was she had to abort the baby of lacking blood and oxygen to the baby. He couldn’t expect it’ll turn that way.

“Hey? Eunkwang? Can I help you with something?” Jieun cut him from his deep stare at the floor. He half-smiled, “Nah, it’s alright. I can do it. You just sit at the dining table and wait, okay?” he tries not to make things obvious.

Jieun nods without any questions and left the kitchen, ‘Why did I blush when you look at me? Did I get my feelings back for you?’ Jieun thought. “Let me carry those.” SeungHyun popped out of nowhere, but he’s always there for help.

Eunkwang set the dining table with course of the day, “Bon appetite!” he said as he settle down. They enjoyed the food with minor slurps and burps sound producing. “I didn’t know you were this good.” SeungHyun praised as he took the last spoonful of creamy mushroom soup.

Eunkwang smiled, “I only learned it from my mom and the web. I’m the eldest and my parents always away from home. I think that’s why I knew lots of recipes.” Jieun and SeungHyun made an ‘O’ mouth shape.

“Where’s Hyungjae?” SeungHyun look around. “He’s at school. Himchan took him today.” Eunkwang replied. He made an ‘O’ mouth shape, “I miss that little boy, well not little. He’s already 6!” he mumbled.

“Don’t you both like, talk to each other?” SeungHyun made a statement to Eunkwang and Jieun. Both of them look at him with a weird and death glare, “I understand.” He rose up his hands and went to the kitchen with his plates.

“Hyung! Just leave it! I’ll clean it up later!” Eunkwang yelled so that SeungHyun would join back the party, “Jieun, how’s the food? You want something else? You barely eat the food.” Eunkwang worried. She half-smiled, “No-no. The foods are wonderful. It’s just that, I had a light meal earlier and I’m still feeling full.”

Eunkwang nods, “Let me take your plates.” He offered. Jieun could do nothing as everything was done by Eunkwang. She sipped her juice for the last and sat back at the couch. Eunkwang cleaned the table with SeungHyun, “Hey, she asked me like umpteenth time about SeungJae, ya’ know?!” he whispered to Eunkwang.

Eunkwang look back at him, “You didn’t tell her?” they have pretty much their super secret conversation so that Jieun won’t hear them. SeungHyun shook his head, “I can’t. If I did, I would tell the whole thing without pause and I couldn’t let her tear up again.”

Eunkwang tapped his finger on the kitchen counter, “How about you tell her? Slow talk with her. I know you’re good with it.” SeungHyun wiped his damp hands with cloth. He shrugged, “I-I don’t know.”

“You can. You always did that and I know you would do it.” SeungHyun said calmly and held his shoulder. “Oppa! Your favourite drama, Scent of Woman is aired!” Jieun yelled. “Nowadays internet is much more powerful than we could imagine, Jieun-ah. I can watch it online, when I get home.” SeungHyun answered.

They both giggled when they imagine how Jieun’s face would react to SeungHyun’s words. He look back at his watch, “Hey, I gotta leave now. I have an appointment this evening.” He said, pointing to the door.

SeungHyun went back to the living room,”Jieun-ah, I have to leave now.” he hugged her. Jieun buried her head onto his broad shoulders, “Now?” she looked up. SeungHyun pouts and kissed on top of her head as yes.

Somehow, deep down inside Eunkwang, he missed all of that. He wished to cuddle with Jieun like they used too. He thought sometimes when Jieun hugged SeungHyun they more look like a married couple instead of siblings, since they didn’t look-a-like much.

“Open your heart to know him. You won’t regret about it, I promise.” SeungHyun mumbled as he buried his face on Jieun’s neck. She giggled, “Arasso.”

SeungHyun left to door and Eunkwang closed the door, “Take care!” he screamed from outside. He giggled, ‘We will.’

Eunkwang walk back to the living room and sat next to Jieun, “What are you watching?” he asked. “Typical couple drama.” She answered. “I bet that’s a new drama. I never of that one before.” He teased with Jieun stare at him being sarcastic.

He rose his hands up as surrender, “Okay, you win.”

The atmosphere turns back into silence only the TV making noise, “How’s the babies?” he asked. “You mean our babies? They’re doing great with the kicking.” She caressed her stomach. Eunkwang held his voice, ‘Did she just mentioned ‘our babies’? Jieun, can you remember about me now?’ he mentally asked.

Jieun several times yawned and Eunkwang noticed on her, “You sleepy? Come, I’ll show you the bedroom.” He stood up and held her hand to their room. Jieun walks in and something smells familiar until she had to asked, “Did I wore this type of perfume?”

Eunkwang look back at her, “You can smell it? Yes. That’s the smell of your perfume. I didn’t spray on purpose. Your perfume has a strong calming smell.” He explained. Jieun sat at the edge of the bed, “Rest for you and the babies. I’ll come back to check on you okay?” he helped her lay herself and tucked her under the sheets.

Eunkwang closed the door slowly and head back to the living room, ‘I wasn’t expecting to be this easy.’ He thought while watching random shows on TV. Nothing captured his interest to watch the TV lately. He end up browsing the internet on some sports news and about Jieun’s losing memory.

Eunkwang read few articles and look back at the time, ‘I have browsing the internet until it’s nearly to dinner time? Wow.’ He shut downs his Macbook and get back on his kitchen. He made pumpkin soup with garlic bread, ‘Just a light dinner will do.’

Eunkwang went back to the room and found Jieun already awake, looking out at the window panel, “How long have you awake?” Eunkwang walks closer to her. “Just few minutes ago.” Eunkwang slowly encircled her arms around Jieun’s growing stomach, “I miss you, you know that.” He mumbled in her hair.

Jieun didn’t pull away his hands; instead she tapped his hands, “I’m sorry for causing troubles.” She sighed. Eunkwang look back at her, “Do you know who I am?” he begin curious. She can only pastured her smile, “I only know when the day I woke up, that’s all.”

Eunkwang smiled, “Its okay. Take your time.” He gained few nods from Jieun. “Do you know anything about SeungJae? I miss him.” She asked out of the blue. Eunkwang made her sat back on the bed, “Promise me you won’t do anything stupid after I told you.” He hands out his pinky and he met with her thumb.

“Jieun, SeungJae is gone, forever.” He made his first words clearly.

“Wh-what do you mean?” she held his hands a bit tighter.

“When was the last day you met him?” Eunkwang asked. “I can’t remember. But I know that it’s been days he didn’t come home.” She explained. ‘This is right.’ He thought.

“He was involved with accident, bike accident. You’re already there with your family members for body recognition.” He said calmly.

“NO! THIS IS NOT RIGHT! SEUNGJAE IS STILL ALIVE. HE’S WORK, ISN’T IT?!” her hot tears swimming down her pale cheeks and made Eunkwang breaks even more to see her like that.

“Jieun, listen. I know it’s very hard for you to accept or remember about it. But, you must live with reality. Seungjae’s gone but he never leaves you without his last words.”

“IT’S ALL LIES. SEUNGJAE’S NOT DEAD! OPPA IS NOT DEAD.” Eunkwang hugged her even she his on his chest to let her go, “Shh. I’m sorry but it’s the way for me to tell you. I have no choice.” He said.

They stay right in that position until Jieun was out of tears, “I’ve made your pumpkin soup. Let’s eat.” He held Jieun’s waist. Jieun refused to stood up, “I’m not hungry.” She pulled back her hand.

“Please?”

“I SAID I’M NOT HUNGRY!” Jieun sound slightly mad.

“If you’re not hungry, think about our children. They probably hungry.” Eunkwang convinced her.

~~~~

Jieun stood there in front of Seungjae’s grave, “Is this true?” she held her arms tighter with Eunkwang. Eunkwang only nods to her.

In loving Memory, Choi SeungJae

11th September 1989 – 6th November 2012

A beloved son & brother, a great surgeon doctor & a best friend to remember

 

“Oppa…” 


HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY 2013!

WOOHOOO xD

So, thank you for all the comments and the votes! Youre my superheros!!!

Hey, it's not the end yet. Just making a tahnk you speech upon new year.

So, Jieun regain her memories slowly ...

I hope, that's sooth you guys :\

Silent readers, I love that you guys read it. But, I need to know what you guys think,

Please just drop a comment! JUST FOR ONCE :')