Let Me Rest

It Was a Long Journey For Us

It’s just half past nine in the morning, and they have nothing to do. ‘Watching some dramas would be good.’ Jieun thought. Both of them were at the living room watching TV.

“This show is boring.” Eunkwang whined. “But, I love it.” Jieun looked back at him. “And why is that?” Eunkwang sounds demanding. “Because Seung Gi is the main actor and I like him.” Jieun announced happily, ‘Like I can’t be better than him.’ Eunkwang murmured.

“I’m absolutely better than him.” Eunkwang announced.

“Jijja?! Prove it!” Jieun crossed her arms and look right into Eunkwang’s eyes.

Eunkwang leaned forward to Jieun and Jieun didn’t pull back. They stared each other for a while, until Eunkwang quickly leaned for a quick kissed on Jieun’s lips. widened, “I told you I was better than him!” Eunkwang proudly said and continue watching the TV. Jieun still, in shock from Eunkwang’s sudden kiss. ‘Yes, I stole her second kiss!’ Eunkwang felt excited inside.

“I-I need to go.” Jieun stood up from the couch and begin to walk away. ‘Eunkwang, wh-what … did you do?’ Jieun froze thinking. “Where are you going?” Eunkwang asked. “Oh, just to the room.” Jieun replied. “Okay. Don’t leave me alone for long.” Eunkwang shoot his flying kisses to Jieun.  ‘Eunkwang you’re killing me with your sudden kisses! And now flying kisses?’

Jieun walked to the room and begin analyzed for her stuff. ‘Oh, where’s my book?’ she tied her hair into ponytail and start searching for her book. She looks under the bed, in the closet’s drawer and the bedside drawer and it wasn’t there! “Ah! It must be at home!” Jieun talked to herself.  “What’s at home?” Eunkwang asked from her back. Jieun startled in shocked. “Ay, don’t do that! You gonna get me a heart attack. I think my book is at home.” Jieun smiled.

“C-Can you wait outside? I wanna change.” Jieun asked Eunkwang. “ANDWAE!!!” Eunkwang pouts and sounds like a 3 year old kid. Jieun walks to him, “Oppa, Jebal? Uh? Oppa~ Saranghae!”  Jieun kissed Eunkwang’s cheek and push him out. “Gotcha!” Jieun screamed behind the door. “You’ll gonna get it!”Eunkwang smirked.

Jieun giggles, ‘I’d my revenge!’ Jieun changed to mini light pink dress with white hair band. ‘This should be fine. I’m just going home getting stuff, not that much.’ She applied light make-up and eyeliner. She swirl herself on the vertical mirror and smiled.

Jieun turned turns the doorknob and looks outside, ‘Where’s Eunkwang?’ she asked herself. “Eunkwang-ah~ where are you? Eunkwang-ah~” Jieun keep on calling Eunkwang’s name, but still Eunkwang is not there.  Eunkwang, who is hiding just behind her, silently giggles.

‘Ah! My phone!’ Jieun walks back to the room and took her phone. She sat on the bed and checking her phone. She was about to stand up and she hit something really hard and broad. She almost fell backwards, but a pair of hands caught her and hugged her. “Can we just stay and take your book tomorrow?” Eunkwang murmured in Jieun’s hair. Jieun hugged him back, “I need that book. It contains something important to me.” Eunkwang’s hand starts to ped Jieun’s dress. “Ha-ji-ma!” Jieun warned Eunkwang. Eunkwang’s hand stopped immediately. “Let stay for this moment for a while, okay?” Eunkwang said to Jieun and she nodded.

They stay hugging each other for a few minutes. “It’s calming when I listen to your heartbeat.” Jieun looked to Eunkwang. “We could do this often.” Eunkwang smiled. “Let’s go?” Eunkwang nodded as agree.

They walked to the basement, “Are we using driver or what?” Jieun asked. “I’ll be driving.” Eunkwang cleared his throat. "The white one is mine." Eunkwang pointed at his car. Jieun ducked her head and sat in the car first. ‘This guy is a definite rich. AUDI R8? I’m sure not all youngsters can buy this car.’ 

 

This is Audi R8, if you guys don't know. My absolute dream car. Back to the story. Sorry ;)

“Jieun-ah, what book actually you want to take?” Eunkwang asked while heat up the engine. “My notebook.” Jieun answered shortly.

They literally didn’t talk during the ride. Eunkwang concentrate on the road while Jieun looking the interior of the car. ‘Jieun, did you know you look beautiful in that dress? You should wear it often.’ Eunkwang smiled all alone.

“We’re here.” Eunkwang park his car in front of Jieun’s family house. Jieun stepped outside and unlocked to the door. Eunkwang followed behind Jieun. “Oh, oppa! You’re here?!” Jieun asked SeungHyun in the house watching TV. SeungHyun look back at her, “Yes. I am here.” SeungHyun stood up from the couch and walk towards Jieun. They hugged each other tightly.

“Come in. Make yourself comfortable.” SeungHyun mentioned to Eunkwang. “I’ll take some juice. You guys want anything?” Eunkwang asked the long-lost sibling. They shook their head as no. “I thought you were off following omma and appa.” Jieun asked. “I was but then I came back early, I have emergency.” SeungHyun sipped his ice lemon tea. Jieun made an ‘O’ mouth shape as understand. Eunkwang from the kitchen joined back the party.

Jieun stood up and walk upstairs to her room. “So, Eunkwang how are you?” SeungHyun asked. He smiled, “I’m fine. How about you?” SeungHyun nodded as fine. “Eunkwang, what did you do for living?” SeungHyun ask again. “Oh, I work as interior designer.” Eunkwang proudly said.

On the other hand, Jieun in her room searching for her ‘notebook’. ‘There it is.’ Jieun found it under the bed. She stood up and read the book. “The last diary given by oppa.” Jieun’s tears begin to crawl out from her eyes as she flipped through the pages.

“Can you call Jieun upstairs? I’ll be serving Italian food.” SeungHyun showed two thumbs up. Eunkwang nodded. “Oh, her room is the 3 third on the right.” SeungHyun departs to the kitchen to get some carbonara with meatballs while Eunkwang searching for Jieun’s bedroom. ‘That’s her room!’

Eunkwang knock the door, “Jieun-ah~” He called out her name. ‘What a great room!’ he thought. He saw Jieun standing facing the window outside. He walks slowly and curls up his hand around Jieun’s waist and he fell something wet fell on his hand. He sneaks on Jieun’s face, she was crying. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Eunkwang spurn her, making them facing each other.

“It-it’s fine.” Jieun wiped her tears with her bare hands. “Don’t lie. I saw you crying. Tell me, what is it?” Eunkwang caressed her cheek. Jieun burst into crying again and hugged Eunkwang tightly. “I-I miss my brother.” Eunkwang sooth her back. “Well, he’s downstairs calling you for lunch.” Eunkwang replied her. “No-not that, th-the other one. The one that’s al-already g-gone.” Jieun stuttered.

“Tell me.” Eunkwang asked her. Jieun look back into Eunkwang’s eyes and begin to talk. She wiped her tears, “I have 2 oppa actually. First child is SeungHyun, Second is SeungJae and third is me. There’s one day where SeungHyun oppa went for work so as SeungJae oppa. I went to school as usual. They always come back late. Until there was a time where SeungJae oppa di-didn’t come back home for 3 days. We thought its fine, because he’s a surgeon doctor…” Jieun paused for a while.

“You can tell me when you’re ready.” Eunkwang stood up from her bed. Jieun held Eunkwang wrist and pulled him to sit beside her. “Later that night, w-we had a call from the hospital, they had his body. They asked us to come to identified if it was him and it was him. He was there lying. No more sweet laughter I could hear, no more soft tune of lullaby that I could hear before I went off to bed and no more calming heartbeats for me to hear on whenever I’m sad while I hug him.” Jieun ends her word.

Eunkwang made Jieun leaned her head on his shoulder, “He died a week before my graduation. It was hit & run case. He that time was rode a Ducati bike.” Jieun now calming herself and regain her senses. “Eunkwang, c-can you make a promise with me?” Jieun looked on Eunkwang facial features.

“Yes. What is it?”

“Promise me, don’t ride any bike. Please? I’m afraid of it.” Jieun held Eunkwang hand as she pleased.

“I promise and I won't.” Eunkwang smiled.

They leaned forward and their lips brushed. “I guess, that is our first kiss.” Eunkwang pulled back. Jieun leaned again and kiss Eunkwang. It was their ‘first kiss’ that went really sweet than their marriage ceremony the other day.

“I love you Jieun.” Eunkwang murmured between the kiss. Jieun pulled back again, “Yah! Pabo! Who said I love you?!” Jieun hit Eunkwang’s arm lightly. Eunkwang crossed his arm and look away. Jieun giggles, “I love you to, Seo Eunkwang!” Eunkwang refused to look at her. “Eunkwang-ah~ if you stay like that longer you’ll get wrinkles on your face.” Jieun shook Eunkwang’s body.

Eunkwang finally fall for her and look at her back, “Are you?” Eunkwang asked. “Wae? You want me to ch-…” “KIDS! I KNOW YOU GUYS JUST MARRIED BUT THE FOOD IS ALMOST COLD! GET DOWN NOW!” SeungHyun warned from downstairs.

“I think we should go now.” Eunkwang smiled. Both of them stood up and walked downstairs. “Sorry for keeping you wait.” Jieun said to SeungHyun. They sat facing SeungHyun. “Oppa, how’s your favourite patient going on?” Jieun smirked. “Oh, hyung you’re a doctor too?” Eunkwang asked more. “What face should that mean? She’s fine. Yes, I’m a doctor. Paediatric doctor." [A/N: the one that specialise for kids 12 years old & below, if I’m not mistaken]

“Woah~ a whole family runs in doctor. Daebak!” Eunkwang put his thumbs up. “Except that one. The one that sits beside you.” SeungHyun teased. “Hey! At least I have a better handwriting than yours.” Jieun mehrong to SeungHyun. SeungHyun’s face was i-don’t-care. ‘Like brother, like sister.’ Eunkwang smiled looking at them.

“It’s been a great food. And time is almost a quarter to 6. We should leave.” Eunkwang said to SeungHyun as they were finishing chatting at the living room. “We have a big day tomorrow.” Jieun said to SeungHyun. ‘What day actually Jieun?’ Eunkwang thought.

“I see you guys soon. Take care, uh?! Eunkwang if she bullies you feel free to call me.” SeungHyun made the call signal. Eunkwang giggles, “Nae! Arasso.” They get in the car and rolled down the car window.

“One more thing Eunkwang, sometimes you could find her act like a maniac when you disguise her options.” SeungHyun told to Eunkwang when he was buckle his seatbelt. “OPPA!” Jieun whined and hit SeungHyun’s arm. “Ouch! How could you do this to your own oppa?” SeungHyun asked her while soothing his arm. “I could because I’m you sister, your only sister.” Jieun smiled.

“Aigoo! That’s my sister.” SeungHyun pats Jieun’s head. “Take care and have a safe journey. Bye!” SeungHyun bid his farewell. They wave to SeungHyun and Eunkwang drove to the main road. His car slowly disappears from the Gangnam residence and left SeungHyun alone outside smiling. ‘Ah~ It must be great to have a wife, right now.’ SeungHyun chuckled.

“Jieun-ah, you’ve mentioned earlier that we had a big day tomorrow. What is it?” Eunkwang’s question breaks the silence atmosphere. Jieun looked to Eunkwang who is concentrating on the road, “Nothing actually. It just pop out of my head.” Eunkwang made ‘O’ mouth shape and looked to Jieun.

Jieun slowly fall asleep. The light had turned red and Eunkwang looked at her, ‘Eyy~ sleeping princess.’ Eunkwang chuckled. He leaned and kiss Jieun’s forehead. ‘Oh my.’ Eunkwang placed his hand on her forehead, ‘It’s burning. She’s having a fever.’

“Jieun, we’re here at the hospital. You’re on fever.” Eunkwang softly shook Jieun’s body. Jieun slowly wake up, “I-it’s fine. Just drive home. I’ll be fine by tomorrow.” “Jieun …” Eunkwang pleased her. “Oppa? Jebal? Drive home. I don’t want you to be tired of my stupid fever. Just drive home.” Jieun held Eunkwang’s hand. “Jieun, I’m worried about you. Please?” Eunkwang caressed her burning cheek. Jieun pastured her weak smile, “Let me rest ... at home. I’ll be fine.”

Eunkwang hit the gas pedal and drove home fast. He piggybacks Jieun and race to the lift. “Jieun, please hold.” Eunkwang spoke while waiting for the lift to arrived at level 18A. He pressed the 14 digit code and placed Jieun on her bed.

“Op-oppa…” Jieun spoke weakly. “Wait for while. I’ll get some cold towels and aspirin.” Eunkwang ran to the kitchen to get stuff he needed. He came back to the room and saw Jieun’s sweating badly. ‘I should change her clothes.’ Eunkwang response. He turns off the light and change Jieun to his navy gray hoodie and his black training pants. ‘Jieun, please don’t mad at me. I didn’t see any.’ He placed the cold towel on her forehead to reduce her body temperature.

Eunkwang turns on the light. ‘She looks better.’ “Eat this.” Eunkwang helped Jieun eating her medicine and laid her back on the bed. He pulls the blanket and covers her body. He went back to the kitchen and tidy up the tiny mess. Eunkwang walk back to the room and looked at Jieun resting.

He took his green v-neck tee and blue shorts and changed in the bathroom. Eunkwang stepped outside the bathroom and looked back at her, ‘Jieun, why are you so stubborn?’ Eunkwang asked himself. He sighs, “Next time, you must listen to me okay?” Eunkwang whispered softly.

Eunkwang sat beside Jieun. “Oppa, it’s co-cold.” Jieun spoke. “It’s alright. I’m here.” Eunkwang placed Jieun’s head on his chest and softly singing as a lullaby for Jieun.

[BTOB – I ONLY KNOW LOVE]

sarangbakke nan molla
I want you only you
Idaeron jeoldaero bonael sun eobseo
kkeutnaejaneun mal hamburo haji ma
It’s so blue It’s so blue

Naneun molla, sarangbakke
Naneun molla, nan neobakke
Naneun molla, ibyeol ttawin molla molla
Naneun molla, sarangbakke
Naneun molla, ibyeol ape
Baboga dwae
 tto ireoke ou wae ou wae

 

“I wish we could see talk together tomorrow and do something great.” Eunkwang said to Jieun’s sleeping body. “I always talk to you whenever you’re sleeping. I hope I could talk to you while you’re awake, tomorrow and forever.” Eunkwang smiled. ‘Goodnight Jieun.’ Eunkwang then kissed Jieun’s forehead for the last time, before he driven off to his deep slumber.

 

‘I love you Jieun.’

 


 

Hey guyss!

I guess i couldn't let you guys wait too long and I'm too excited while writing this chapter.

I think it's too cliche, don't you think?

It's a not-so-short/long chapter, but enjoy reading it? I hope so :)

Well, I'm quite surprised that Jieun had another brother even I'm the one who wrote this.

Should I shorten the chapters or keep on typing?? I NEED YOU GUYS TO TELL ME!

Well, my quiet readers do comment :)

Sorry for a long wait.

Do comment & subscribe :) xoxo

Kamsahamnida~

[P/S: The picture isn't mine. Credit to the owner]

Oh, and did you guys watch Sunggyu's 60SEC MV? IT WAS AWESOMEEEEE~

If you guys didn't watch it yet, the link is below :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wMpLW_ASw