Regret or apology?

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

It wasn’t sunlight, but it were peoples’ voices and machine beeping at his site. Eunkwang slowly traced his fingers on the white sheet but he couldn’t speak a word. All he could hear was “Call the doctor! He’s awake!”

 Then Eunkwang slowly opened his eyes and every image around him was blurred. “Eunkwang? Seo Eunkwang can you hear me?” the doctor asked. “It’s me, Minhyuk.” Minhyuk held his hand.

“Jieun, Jieun!” Eunkwang went panicked. He pulled the IV lines on his hand and other wires on his body, “Jieun!” Eunkwang calling her name over and over again. “Calm down! I need nurse!” the doctor held him but his strong grace pulled his hand back and ran to the door.

Minhyuk held him from the back, “I need to see Jieun! Where is she?” Eunkwang yelled and struggled in Minhyuk’s arm. “Sh-she’s fine.” Minhyuk try to calm him down and brought him back on the bed. 2 nurses came in and set the IV line back and the wires on his body back.

“He’s just having a shock from the accident. I’ll leave you two.” The doctor and the nurses went out. Minhyuk sat at the next on his bed, “D-do you know me?” Minhyuk asked. Eunkwang slowly met his gave to him, “Minhyuk, I know you.” Minhyuk hugged him and giggle din the same time.

“I thought I’ll never see you again.” He broke the hug and shed his tears. “Hey, I’m still here.” Eunkwang said. “You feel uncomfortable? You wanna go to the toilet? Or are you hungry? Do you want to eat?”Minhyuk bombarded him with questions. “No.” Eunkwang answered.

Eunkwang look around, he seems to be alone in that room. No other beds were there. “Where is Jieun?” Eunkwang asked out of the blue. Minhyuk look down and thought for a while. “Minhyuk? Where is Jieun?” he repeat his question.

Minhyuk slowly look at him, “She’s at other room 2 levels above.” Minhyuk lied. Eunkwang nodded and look outside. Minhyuk stood up and cleaned up the mess that Eunkwang made earlier.

“You sure you’re fine?” Minhyuk asked. Eunkwang smiled at him, “Yeah, I’m fine.”


It’s already the end shift for SeungHyun. He, a paediatric doctor had to walk all the way to the other building to visit on Jieun. Not even once he would say that he’s tired from visiting Jieun. He placed his lab coat on his chair and walks to the other section.

“Good evening Dr. Choi.” The nurses greet him as he arrived at the 5th floor. “Good evening.” He bowed. Actually, visiting hours almost the end but he doesn’t really care about the time. The important thing is he gets to Jieun.

“Hi Jieun. How are you today?” SeungHyun sat next on her bed. “I miss talking to you.” He continued. He caressed Jieun’s cheek, “Don’t leave me alone.” He shed his tears as it drop on his cheek.

SeungHyun never missed a day to visit Jieun since she admitted. For days and nights, he prayed that Jieun will wake up and at least smiled at him, but then it was miracle for her.  SeungHyun even bought some white roses as it was her favourite flower.

“I’m here to check on her pulse and pressure.” A voice called from the back.

SeungHyun nodded, “I’m sure your sister wouldn’t like to see you like this.” Christ tapped his back. Christ took Jieun’s reading and wrote down on his papers.

“She seems fine. We just need to wait for her to wake up. That’s all.” Christ informed. SeungHyun went to big smile, “Thanks C.” he hugged SeungHyun and left the room.

“I’ll wait for you, Jieun. I’ll always be by your side.” He kissed on Jieun’s forehead and left her in the room.

SeungHyun’s mind telling him to stay for a bit longer, but his heart told him to go home. SeungHyun slightly sighed as he closed the door behind him. Before he took another step, he prayed, “O dear God, I begged you please don’t hold her much longer. Whatever sins that we make you unsatisfied with, please forgive her and let her be back with her family. Amen.”

SeungHyun walks casually to the counter, “Can you call me when Jieun awakes?” SeungHyun always reminds the nurse to call him. “We will.” The nurse smiled. “Even if it’s during or off my shift.” He continued. The nurse nodded and SeungHyun left.


“Eunkwang, the visiting hours almost times up, I have to leave.” Minhyuk said. “Oh, geurae? Hmm~” Eunkwang sighed.

“Don’t worry. I’ll come back visit you tomorrow.” Minhyuk assured. Eunkwang nodded, “Drive save.” Eunkwang waved at him as he closed the door behind. Minhyuk sighed and held his chest, ‘I don’t think I should tell him the truth.’ Minhyuk thought as he walks to the lift.

Eunkwang’s mind wandering around thinking of solutions that might save his best friend’s future, ‘What to do?!’ he ruffled his hair. He drove his car to the main road with his mind thinking about Eunkwang and Jieun. His mind bulb flickered and gained his some thoughts.

Minhyuk: Jagiya~ have eaten your dinner? Oh, how’s Jieun? Is she doing great?

Jaehwa: Jagi! I have. Jieun is fine according to SeungHyun which he knows from her doctor.

Minhyuk: I’m glad to hear that. Hey, don’t think about it much okay? I’m sure she doesn’t want her daughter to be like this.

Jaehwa: Well, her doctor said we just waiting for the time she finally awaken. I miss her, so much.

Minhyuk: Aww~ I’m here for you alright? Hey, I’ll be visiting them both during my lunch time. Wanna go together?

Jaehwa: Jagiya~ I can’t visit them tomorrow. I have to go to Busan for some work done. Mianhae.

Minhyuk: It’s fine. Hey, I’m driving right now. So, I gotta drive. Don’t worry the light almost to turn green now.

Jaehwa: Yah! Don’t text or call me while you drive! It’s dangerous! D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S! Hmm~ arasso.

Minhyuk: HEHE, Annyeong! *shooting flying kisses*

Jaehwa: Muah!

Minhyuk smiled from ear to ear. He parked his car outside and took his briefcase from the backseat. He unlocked the door and stepped in. He bounced himself on the couch, “What a day!” he mumbled.

He stare at the white ceiling, ‘Eunkwang, I’m sorry that I lied to you but sometimes the truth is the hardest thing to say.’ He thought.

~~~~~

“Good afternoon.” Minhyuk came into Eunkwang’s room. He smiled, “Hey, good morning.” Eunkwang replied in English. Minhyuk set the fruits on the left side of his bed, “So, how are you? Feeling good?” Minhyuk look at him, detailed.

“I’m good.” He replied.

The nurse came back into the room, “Mr. Seo, you have a mail.” She handed a white envelope. Minhyuk and Eunkwang had a suspicious feeling about that letter. The nurse bowed and leaves.

“Open it!” Minhyuk yelled in excitement. Eunkwang startled at him, “Wae? It’s mine!” Eunkwang held his letter to his chest. Minhyuk raised his eyebrow and pretend to leave. Eunkwang grab his wrist, “Arasso.”

Hyung~

Are you feeling better now? It’s me, Eunjae. I went visit you the other day, but you’re still in your slumber, so I didn’t wake you up. My final semester almost the end and 3 months left! Kyaaa~ Appa and omma will fly to NY, how about you?

So, umm~ hyung, I planned to stay at NY for few years for a while. I’ll come back to Korea, for sure. Hey, I bought the Chris Brown CD that you emailed me before. Pretty much, like a wedding present for you from your brother, Eunjae.

I can’t forward more. I have no much time. Currently, I’m in the library and it’s almost 11pm now. I gotta go.

Bye!

Eunkwang giggled, ‘Ah, he’s already 22 but acts like a 6 year old boy!’ he thought. Eunkwang look back at the letter, it’s written 28th May 2013. Eunkwang when a bit shocked.

“Minhyuk-ah, how long has I sleep?” He asked.

“To be honest, it’s almost 5 months. Today is June 2nd.” He answered.

Eunkwang stare at him, “That long?” Minhyuk nodded. Suddenly, he remembered about Jieun. “Jieun?!” he asked. Minhyuk stay still and gained more confusion to Eunkwang. He slowly sat up from his bed and went to the door.

But, Minhyuk was fast to stop him. “Don’t.” Minhyuk said one word. “Why?!” he raised his tone. “She’s my wife. I want to look at her.” Eunkwang continued.

Minhyuk sighed, “What’s the sigh for? Are you keeping anything behind me?” he asked suspiciously. Minhyuk look at him, “No.” he pulled Eunkwang back on his bed.

“Spill the beans, Minhyuk. I demand to know the real thing.” Eunkwang scratched his head as he watched his best friend walking back and forth. “Dude! Cut it off. You make me dizzy.” Eunkwang made Minhyuk startled and he sat across him.

“How should I start?” he mumbled. “By the day, we admitted.” Eunkwang crossed his arms and stare at him. Minhyuk look down for a while and met his gaze, “It’s quite shocking for us. We knew the news from SeungHyun. Your mom nearly fainted when she saw you.” He told the first part.

“Jieun’s dad ALMOST accused you as a killer because it was you that made Jieun that way. But your parents’ defend you and said that it was God’s test, don’t question about it. After 3 months both of you in coma, both of your parents’ and her’s decided to make a change. They decided to separate both of you. That’s why you’re here and she’s 2 levels above. You can’t visit her for now.” Minhyuk explained everything like in one breath.

‘What have I done to you Jieun?’ Eunkwang rubbed his temples.

“Why can’t I visit her?” Eunkwang asked back. “Both of your parents’ did that. But, you can visit her but not being in her room.” Minhyuk corrects his sentence. ‘I’m regret for the acts. Now, I can’t even visit my wife. Eunkwang, you’re a jerk husband!’ he cursed himself.

Eunkwang nodded, “I really don’t have any intention to interfere but can you tell me what exactly happen during the day?” Minhyuk slowly asked.

Eunkwang look down and told everything, including the Boram part. He starts with the t-shirt, perfume and kissing stain part. Then, the part where Jieun back home late and the , where the accident unfolds. And the slapping part.

“You slapped her? And why would you speed off the car?” Minhyuk asked. “I was mad at that time and it wasn’t my fault completely. The traffic light was green!” Eunkwang told and another mystery popped up.

“So, you’re telling that you were ‘hit & run’?” Minhyuk asked back. Eunkwang nodded, “Minhyuk, can I visit Jieun?” he asked the same thing again.

“I’m sorry, you can’t. If you be self-willed this time, they’ll change your hospital.” Minhyuk pitied him. Eunkwang sighed deeper, “Arasso.”

“Do you think Jieun will forgive me?” Eunkwang asked.

“Did you feel regret of all of this?” Minhyuk asked him back.


Hi :)

So, Eunkwang here, I made him under 'mental breakdown' situation.

But, it's not that shocked.

The next chapter is way more worst than you guys could imagine *smirk*

muahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahaha~