Memories

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

The digital calendar showed 21st November, it’s a date to remember. A date where Eunkwang’s every past memory came back alive. ‘Mom, I missed you.’ Eunkwang thought while he’s taking the shower.

Jieun knocked on the door, “What time we’ll be going?”

“9am sharp.” He answered.

Eunkwang stepped out from the bathroom, “It’s kinda windy today. Get your coats on.” Jieun nodded and wore her black coat, seriously like everything’s black. Eunkwang too, wear his black coat but he still has other colours like red and dark brown.

They sat in the car and most of the time, they were quiet. Jieun held Eunkwang’s left hand, “I’m here, with you.” Jieun smiled. Eunkwang looked back at her, “I love you.” “Love you too~”

‘It’s the same place as Seungjae’s. I guess the world is small.’ Jieun thought while stepped out from the car. ‘I should give him a visit later.’ Jieun mentally smiled.

They walked and found Eunkwang’s mother’s grave. They bowed place some tulip flowers since it was his mom’s favourite.

His mom was there, standing looking at both Eunkwang and Jieun, it just that they can’t be seen by people. His mom smiled, ‘my son had grown big now.’

In Loving Memories of

 

Seo YoungDae

4th February 1963 – 15th October 1991

Beloved daughter & wife, a great veterinary and loveable mother

 

May you rest in peace

 

“Hi mom! How are you? Your son here is married…” Eunkwang showed his ring at his mom’s grave. “… I’m here with my wife.” Jieun bowed again, “Ommonim, how are you?” Jieun smiled.

“I miss your smile so much. Mom, Eunjae is still at NY. I think he’ll graduate next year. I wish you come to see him on his big day… I still remember when you told us not to look back and surrender before we play the war. And now, as you can see, your eldest son is an interior designer. I’m sure you’re proud of me.” Eunkwang literally told story with his ‘mom’ and start to sob.

‘Eunkwang, I am proud of you since the day, you’re my son. Ah~ I miss my little Eunjae. How is he now?’

“Mom, have dad visited you already? He always misses you since you’re gone. If he isn’t I guess I came too early…” Eunkwang giggled in sobbing. ‘You really miss her, don’t you Eunkwang?’

‘Your dad hasn’t come yet. He’ll be here, soon. Don’t worry.’

“You know what? Dad arranged my marriage with Jieun. At first I was shocked and almost gone mad, but I gave myself and her chance. From there, I know her better.” The cold breeze start to blow as if it was understands what ever we are having conversation here.

By that, Eunkwang could feel his mom presence was there, holding his shoulders and telling him not to cry.

“Jieun is exactly like you.” Eunkwang continued.

“Ommonim, I’ll take care of him, very well.” Jieun spoke.

‘Jieun, he’s a good boy. It’s easy to take care of him. Love him and make him as your best friend for life instead of husband.’ His mom whispered to Jieun but Jieun hears nothing. But her heart hears everything.

“Mom, she’s pregnant right now.” Eunkwang placed his hand on Jieun’s stomach, “Yes, I am.” Jieun smiled.

‘I’m sure your kids will be exactly cheerful as both of you.’

“I guess we should leave now. I think dad will come later. Pray us the best. I’m glad talking with you. I’ll come back soon.” Eunkwang hold her mother tombstone and took two steps back.

“I love you.” Eunkwang bowed and left with Jieun by his side.

‘I love you too my son.’ His mom kissed his forehead before her left. Eunkwang can’t feel it, but he knows his mom loves him without boundaries.

They walked onto the white marbled pathway and keep in silence. Jieun pulled Eunkwang’s sleeve, “You have any other plans?” Jieun asked. Eunkwang shook his head, “No. why?” Jieun smiled, “Let’s visit SeungJae.” Jieun suggested.

“He’s here too?” Eunkwang stopped their steps. Jieun nodded, “Yeah. I didn’t know either your mom was here too.”

Jieun linked her arms with Eunkwang and walked to Seungjae’s grave. SeungJae was there too, kicking the grass.

 

In Loving Memory

 

Choi SeungJae

11th September 1989 – 6th November 2012

A beloved son & brother, a great surgeon doctor & a best friend to remember

 

‘Jieun-ah! You’re here! Who’s that?’

‘He died at a young age. I’m sorry for him.’ “Oppa! Annyeong~” Jieun bowed and pat his tombstone. “Oppa, guess who just married? I am!” Jieun excitedly spoke. “This is my husband, Eunkwang. We visited his mom just now.” Eunkwang bowed, “Hyung~ Annyeong.”

‘My sister has a good taste of choosing husband~ wait! Husband? In thought you’ll be married with Woohyun. Yeah, since you confess at him!’

Jieun and Eunkwang sat on the grass as their leg were too stiff right now. Standing too long. “Dad arranged my marriage as the day after my graduation. I wish you were there, taking pictures with me when I graduate and my marriage ceremony.” Jieun sobs. Eunkwang pat her back.

‘I was there, smiling at you. But you can’t see me, my dear.’ SeungJae caressed her cheek.

“Oppa! I almost lost your diary the other day, but thank god! I found it under my bed.  I didn’t read it yet, I’ll read it soon, okay?” Jieun giggled.

‘Please read it, I left something for you and it’s really important.’

“Hyung~ she’s pregnant now!” Eunkwang said. Jieun hit his chest lightly, “Oppa! I want to keep it as secret, now you break it!” Jieun pouted.

‘Aigoo~ this young couple! Congrats sister! Oh, I’m an uncle now!’ SeungJae cheered and nobody can hear or see him.

“Oppa! SeungHyun is still single. Sometimes he mentioned that his patient is his girlfriends. He’s too immature~” Jieun flips her hair back.

SeungJae laughed at Jieun, ‘Single? I have a lot of single women in the new world. I can recommend some to him.’

“SeungHyun oppa is busy with his work and now I’m with Eunkwang. He’s kind of like you. Well, not all but a bit of you. And the other day I hugged a random guy because I thought he was you! He looked like you~”

“She cheated on me for like 3 seconds.” Eunkwang sarcastically coughs.

‘Oh oh~ your husband is jealous now!’

“It was a mistake!” Jieun defend herself. “You did it on purpose aren’t you?” Eunkwang smirked.

‘YAH! Don’t fight in front of my grave! Find a room!’

Some visitors’ look at them fought as if fighting for the family’s well. “Hey, people are looking!” Eunkwang whispered. Jieun looked around and embarrassed.

“Oppa, I miss you. I really, really miss you.” Jieun tears start to crawl out.

‘Don’t cry. I miss you too. I wish we could play like we use too. I’m always with you, in here …’ SeungHyun points at her heart.

“We better get going now. The sky getting darker.” Jieun spoke.

‘You should go home now, take care of your baby.’

They both stood up, “Hyung, we’re going now. Rest in peace.” Eunkwang smiled. “Annyeong oppa!” they bowed in front of Seungjae’s and stared for a while.

“I’ll come back soon.” Jieun spoke. SeungJae leaned and kissed her white cheek, ‘I’ll see you soon. Take care.’

They both take their feet and walk back to their car. “Feeling better now?” Eunkwang asked. Jieun nodded, “Yup! I feel better now. How about you?”

Eunkwang kissed her cheek, “If I miss my mom more, I kiss you more.” Eunkwang back hugged her. Jieun giggled, “Oh, Woohyun?” ‘Who’s Woohyun?’ Eunkwang thought.

“What is he doing here?” Jieun asked. She pulled Eunkwang with her and catches Woohyun from going. Jieun tapped Woohyun’s shoulder, “Hey!”

Woohyun look back, “Oh hello!”

“I’m Woohyun, Nam Woohyun.”

“I’m Eunkwang, Seo Eunkwang.” Eunkwang shook his hand

“Jieun-ah what makes you here?” Woohyun asked. “Oh, I’m here visiting Eunkwang’s mom and SeungJae.” ‘SeungJae? I haven’t heard about him in a while. I miss him.’ “Oh? Jijja?” Woohyun asked back.

Lightning strikes above them, “We continue at a café nearby? It’s getting darker.” Eunkwang cut them off. “That would be great. See you guys.” Woohyun ran to his car. “Hop, on my back.” Eunkwang kneel down, “Huh?” Jieun confused. “Come on! I carry you, you’re not heavy.” Jieun hop on his back and Eunkwang ran to his car.

Eunkwang let her down and open her door, “Thank you.” Jieun smiled. Eunkwang get back to his seat and start drove. “So, who’s Woohyun?” Eunkwang asked. Jieun look back at him, “He’s my friend, sort of like my classmate and my neighbour.” Jieun smiled and her flashback of confessing to Woohyun played.

“Sorry we’re late.” Eunkwang bowed as they sat in front of Woohyun. “It’s okay. I ordered espresso for both of you, if you guys don’t mind.” They smiled at Woohyun.

The waiter came with their drinks, “Enjoy.” He bowed and left. “Woohyun, tell me about yourself.” Woohyun sipped his mocha deluxe, “I’m Jieun’s next door guy …” ‘I thought you wouldn’t say that!’ Jieun caught in her trap.

“Don’t get it wrong. We were immature during that time. Well, we were 10 that time. Jaehwa dare her to kiss the door next guy, which I live next to her. But, she only kisses me slightly on my cheek.” Eunkwang end up laughing from hearing Woohyun’s explanation.

“Oppa~” Jieun hit slightly on his arm. Woohyun end up laughing too, “Woohyun-ah, she’s the one that immature. Not us!” they high-5 each other. Jieun sulk and sip her coffee quietly. “Aigoo~ Jieun-ah. Don’t sulk like that, you’ll turn ugly and Eunkwang will never like you anymore!” Woohyun pleased her.

Eunkwang poked her face, “You want me to kiss you?” Eunkwang leaned and Jieun cupped his mouth, “Public.” Jieun said one word. Eunkwang sat back and sipped his coffee. Woohyun giggled, “Whom did you visit just now?” Jieun asked.

“My uncle and my aunt.” Woohyun answered. Woohyun then stood up, “I should be get going now. I  have an appointment in an hour. I see you guys soon?”

Eunkwang and Jieun stood up, “We’ll see you later.” Eunkwang shook his hand with Woohyun. “Bye!” Jieun waved at him. Eunkwang to the counter, “Bill for table 3.” The waitress checked the computer, “Everything is paid.” Eunkwang start to confuse.

Woohyun walk back to the café, “Take it as my wedding gift to you.” Woohyun waved at them before leave the café again.

Eunkwang linked his fingers with Jieun’s. “Do you know that our hands are perfectly design for us?” Eunkwang smiled. Jieun blushed and kiss his hand. “There you go princess.” Eunkwang open her door, “Thank you your highness.” Jieun bowed.

“I’m tired. Let’s just go home, alright?” Jieun spoke. Eunkwang nodded, “Anything for you.”

‘My past memories now have been sealed properly.’ Jieun and Eunkwang thought.


Hey guys!

Ohh, new subscribers :) Hello, welcome to the family~

I didn't mean to scared you guys or make you feel weird in this chapter, sorry.

I think this is not my best chapter :|

Oh, how's my readers so far? I left you guys for 2 days, i miss you guys so much!

Hehe, so umm, keep on reading and thank you for dropping your comments :)

Comment & subscribe :)

Kamsahamnida~

xoxo :)