First Piece of Puzzle

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

“Hey, I bring you some company.” Minhyuk’s voice distracts Eunkwang from playing Temple Run and look at the door. “Appa!” Hyungjae ran to his bed and crawled up.

Eunkwang placed Hyungjae on his lap, “Aigoo~ I miss you so much. How are you?” Eunkwang pinched his puffy cheeks.

Hyungjae giggled, “Eunkwang, how are you?” Hana asked. He nodded, “I’m feeling better now. How about you guys?” He asked back. Himchan shrugged, “Well, that main actor want to see you badly since you admitted. But we can only visit you today.” Eunkwang smiled at him as he thanked.

“Appa, let’s play! Hyung and noona won’t play with me.” Hyungjae pulled his sleeve.

“He’s sick, Hyungjae. Don’t do that or we’ll never let you again.” Himchan sounds.

Hyungjae pulled his lips downwards, “I’m boring. The hospital doesn’t have cats!” he throws his tantrums.

They all giggled at him, “I just download it yesterday. Can you play it for me?” Eunkwang hands his phone to that 5, I mean 6 years old boy. Hyungjae took his phone, “Angry Birds?” he raised his eyebrow. “Appa, you’re already 20 something years old, but you’re playing Angry Birds?” he continued.

‘This boy is 6 years old and talks like he’s talking to his friend. Excuse me young boy, you’re talking to your what-so-ever-called dad.’ Hana thought.

Eunkwang pulled back his phone, “Hey, it’s the latest version. Fine, then you can sit here and do nothing.” Eunkwang teased. Hyungjae whined, “Okay, okay. I play it for you.” He took back the phone and runs the application.

Literally, Hyungjae won’t listen to anything if he hooked with games or cats. “How’s Jieun?” Hana asked. “She’s fine, and … she loses everything about us.” Eunkwang sighed.

“Her brain was bit shocked from the accident and lose all memories about them.” Minhyuk continued. “I’m sorry for that.” Himchan held his shoulders. Eunkwang half-smiled, “Well, at least she’s alive and pregnant.”

“Serious?!” Himchan and Hana said in unison.

Eunkwang nodded, “Yup, twins!” he showed his victory sign. “Wow, I bet your children will look as beautiful as your wife or handsome as the father.” Himchan praised.

“What genders?” Hana asked.

“It’s too early to know. I think by next month, we’ll check.” Eunkwang answered.

They all made an ‘O’ mouth shape. “What about Jieun’s work?” Minhyuk asked. Eunkwang look at him like he’s blank, “I-I don’t think about it yet.” He looks at Hyungjae and thinks wisely.

“I think you should inform to her boss. You know, so that they don’t suspect anything or think bad about her.” Minhyuk gives out options. Eunkwang sigh, “Looks like, it’s all under me now.”

“We’re here; support you in any ways, okay? Don’t worry.” Hana pleased him. The room atmosphere turns quiet and calm. Only the sound of the angry birds and green pigs making noise from the application.

“Ah!” Hyungjae whined as he closed the app. “What’s wrong? Too boring?” Eunkwang asked him. He nodded, “I want to eat.” He rubbed his stomach.

“You and your food are one true pairing, you know?!” Himchan teased. “Hyung always jealous that I could eat more than him.” Hyungjae mumbled under his breathe. “This kid!” Himchan stood up from the chair and raised his hand above his head.

Hyungjae turned his face to Eunkwang’s chest and hung to his neck. “Himchan! Calm your nerves. He’s just a boy.” Hana held his hand. Himchan breathe out and placed his hand down, “I’m sorry. I need to get some air.” Himchan walks out from the room. “Don’t cry. I’m here with you, okay?” Eunkwang wiped Hyungjae’s tears with his thumb.

“What just happen?” Minhyuk asked. “I don’t know. He’s been tensed lately. I think about the work.” Hana shrugged.

“Ani. It’s about the Jongup thing. You know, they’re quite popular on Tumblr. One true pairing, Him-Up.” Eunkwang said and made both of them look at him weird. “What? I’ve been scrolling to Tumblr when I’m bored.” Eunkwang continued.

They made faces at him, “Oh really Seo Eunkwang?” Minhyuk smirked. Eunkwang placed his thumb on his neck and cut it as gesture of ‘you-die’ and Minhyuk mehrong at him. “You wanna eat? What do you want to eat?” Hana looks at Hyungjae, still sobbing.

“Do they sell fish and chips?” Hyungjae look at Eunkwang. Eunkwang raised his shoulders, “I don’t know about that. I never had been to their cafeteria.”

Minhyuk smiled, “I think they have it’s on the kids’ menu.” They three stood up and walk out. Hyungjae intertwined his fingers with Eunkwang and swing it back and forth, “Your hand is soft.” Hyungjae praised. “Thank you.” He smiled.

Minhyuk pressed the 1st floor button which indicates to the cafeteria and VIP lounge. “Do they sell brownies?” Hyungjae asked. “I’m sure you don’t want to get the same thing as before.” Eunkwang held him into his arms.

Hyungjae suddenly remembered about what happen during the tea-time, ‘It was horrible.’ They walk into the cafeteria and some of the female nurses were looking at Eunkwang and pointed and Hyungjae too.

 “Omo! He has a son?!”

“His son is cute! Just like him!”

Eunkwang giggled and look at Hyungjae that doesn’t care about people say and stare at the foods. “I want that! I want that!” Hyungjae yelled and everyone look at him. The three adults bowed back in apologise, “Slow down your volume.” Minhyuk whispered.

They sat at a 5 chairs’ table next to the window, “I’ll order with Hana. You sit with him.” Minhyuk said before he left for purchasing. Hyungjae sat next to the window and amazed with the view outside, “Wah, look-look! Eagle!” he pointed out while looking at Eunkwang.

Eunkwang smiled at him, ‘Hyungjae, your mom doesn’t remember anything about you. I felt guilty about this.’ Eunkwang stay in his deep thoughts before Hyungjae poked his cheeks. “Appa, are you okay?”

He nodded not to worry his 6 year old son, “Gwenchana-yo.” Hyungjae mesmerized with the view before Minhyuk and Hana came with a tray each. “This is yours.” Hana placed the ‘fish and chips’ at Hyungjae.

“I bought you pasta.” Minhyuk placed a plate of pasta to Eunkwang. They ate without a single noise until someone stopped by, “I didn’t know you guys are here.” And SeungHyun always there, wherever they go.

“Hyung!”Minhyuk and Eunkwang said in unison. “Little boy, how’s your day at school earlier?” he asked to Hyungjae. Hyungjae with his mouth full, munching the food answered, “It was great. I met a new friend named Tammy. She’s nice.” He continued eating.

“Oh Hana, where’s Himchan?” SeungHyun asked. “He’s a bit off today. He took some fresh air outside. I’m sure he’ll be back soon.” Hana lightly sighed.

“I just stopped by at your table to check on you, Eunkwang. How’s your wounds?” he look back and forth. “I’m fine.” He smiled. SeungHyun looked back at his Swiss watch, “Well, I better get going. My little patients are waiting.” They all stood up and bowed.

“Goodbye little prince.” SeungHyun ruffled Hyungjae’s hair before left. “Prince?” Eunkwang raise his eyebrows to Hyungjae.

“He used to tell fairytales and fables to children during his break. So, he made the characters for the children and twisted some plots so they all lived happily ever after.” Hana said. “Noona is the evil witch.” Hyungjae smirked.

Hana rounded his eyes at Hyungjae, “Yes, and the evil witch who take your princess.” Hana teased. Minhyuk and Eunkwang who watch them both giggled.

They ended their meal few minutes later. “Are you still hungry?” Minhyuk asked at Hyungjae. He shook his head slowly, “Not now.” all of them look at him, surprised, “I’m full. Thank you.” He cutely burped. “Sorry.” He whispered and looks down.

“Let’s get back home Hyungjae. I’m sure you don’t want to miss your cartoons.” Hana said. “I don’t want! I want to stay with appa.” Hyungjae hugged Eunkwang’s leg. Eunkwang kneeled down to his level, “You have to listen to your noona okay?” he kissed Hyungjae’s forehead.

“But, I want to see omma.” Hyungjae whined. Eunkwang look at them both, ‘What to do?’ he mouthed. They raised shoulders, ‘Just say it’s her sleeping time.’ Hana mouthed at him. “She’s sleeping, resting in her room. You don’t want to disturb your omma right?” Eunkwang tapped his nose lightly.

“I want to kiss her.” Hyungjae crossed his arms. Eunkwang sighed, “Arasso.” ‘I know this is bad decision, but he insist me to. I have no choices left.’ Eunkwang mentally spoke to Hana and Minhyuk.

Eunkwang held Hyungjae’s small hands and went to the lift with Hana and Minhyuk followed from their back. “You sure about this?” Minhyuk whispered to Eunkwang while waiting for the lift to take them. “I have too.”

Eunkwang knocked Jieun’s door and stepped in, “You have guests.” He smiled. Hyungjae ran to Jieun, “Omma! I miss you!” Hyungjae tried to crawl up to her bed. Jieun helped him up, “Hello little boy.” Jieun said awkwardly and look at them three.

“Omma, I have 2 new kittens. The orange one named Sam and the white one is Sally.” Hyungjae look at Jieun. “Really?” Jieun try to act cool with the little boy.

‘She remembered about Hyungjae?’ Eunkwang thought and look at Hana and Minhyuk. “I thought she lose her memory…” Hana went curious. “She is. She doesn’t know me or Eunkwang.” Minhyuk whispered back.

Hyungjae nodded, “I also had a new friend at school today. Her name is Tammy. She’s a nice friend.” Hyungjae’s eyes get distracted to Jieun’s stomach. “Omma…” he pointed to her stomach. Jieun giggled, “Oh.” She smiled.

“Noona, I want to pee!” Hyungjae yelled. Hana brought him to the toilet that’s already in her room. “You remember about him?” Eunkwang asked. Jieun look at him, “Hmm?”

“Hyungjae? You remember anything about him?” Eunkwang asked back.

She smiled, “Sorry. I don’t.”

Minhyuk and Eunkwang raised his eyebrow, “How did you … go friendly with him?” Minhyuk asked. “I like small kids and that little boy is really cute.” She replied.

The three of them didn’t realise that actually Hyungjae came back to the room and shocked to what Jieun said earlier. “O-omma? You d-don’t know me?” Hyungjae asked and made them look at him in panicked.

“Of course I do.” Jieun try to keep everything calm. “Did you remember what you promised me before?” Hyungjae asked while shed his baby tears. “I-I’m sorry.” Jieun look down.

Hyungjae ran out from the room and crying. He doesn’t care wherever his feet take him too. ‘Omma hate me.’ He cursed himself inside. Hyungjae then plopped to a huge couch at the rest area. “I’ll be right back.” Minhyuk ran out and searched for Hyungjae.

“I don’t understand. I thought you remember at least a tiny bit about him.” Eunkwang said. Hana held his shoulders, “Its okay. There’s nobody to be blame.” Eunkwang lightly sighed, “I admit, I knew nothing about that boy.”

“Hana adopt him while he was 3 months old. His parents died in a car crash. They raised him like their own siblings. There’re one day where we raised him for a bout 2 weeks because Hana and Himchan out of town.” Eunkwang explained carefully.

“Hyungjae thought of you as his own mother and Eunkwang as his own father. I’m only his noona and nothing will change that.” Hana continued

Meanwhile Minhyuk was searching for Hyungjae, relief that he found the small boy kicking the tip of the couch since it’s too tall from the floor. “Hi.” Minhyuk sat next to him. “Omma hates me, doesn’t she?” Hyungjae asked as ‘hi’ to him.

Minhyuk smiled and pulled him on his lap, “No she doesn’t. Omma forgot because she’s getting older, so do I.” Minhyuk convinced the small boy.

“But she doesn’t k-know me anymore. I didn’t h-hear she call my name.” Hyungjae sobs. Minhyuk pulled him closer to his chest, “That doesn’t mean she forgets you or hate you, right Hyungjae?” he planted a light kiss on top of his head.

Hyungjae start to giggle, “How about we go back and you say something about yourself? Maybe she does remember about you.” Minhyuk suggests.

Hyungjae nodded and carried into Minhyuk’s arms. They came back to Jieun’s room, “Sorry, we’re late. I hope I don’t miss anything.” Minhyuk said and placed Hyungjae down. Hyungjae held Minhyuk’s hand, “Its okay.”

“What did you say to him?” Eunkwang whispered.

Minhyuk smiled, “Just watch.”

Hyungjae slowly walks to Jieun’s bed side and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo, Hyungjae imnida. I’m 6 years old. That’s my noona, Hana noona.” He pointed at Hana.

“… that’s Minhyuk hyung.” He pointed at Minhyuk.

“… that’s appa and you’re my omma.” Jieun smiled. “Hyungjae-ah, why did you leave the room just now? Are you mad at me?” Jieun asked and pulled him onto her bed.

Hyungjae went excited, “Ani.” He shortly answered.

Jieun caressed her stomach, “These are your new brothers or sisters.” Jieun said. Hyungjae went closer to her stomach, “Hello brother or sister. I’m Hyungjae.” Hyungjae whispered at Jieun’s stomach and caused all of them to giggle at his actions.

“Omma, can I stay with you again when you discharged?” Hyungjae looked at her with his puppy eyes. Jieun look back at Minhyuk, Hana and Eunkwang, they three nodded. “Of course you can. I’ll make pumpkin soup for you.”

Hyungjae clapped his hands and talk more with Jieun. “Thank god.” Hana wiped her invisible sweats on her forehead. “What did you say to him?” Eunkwang asked.

“I said Jieun forgets because she’s getting older and so do I, I mean we are. And I told him that doesn’t mean that Jieun didn’t call his name, she hates him.” Minhyuk answered.

They both made an ‘O’ mouth shape. “You’ll be a great father soon, you know that?” Eunkwang hugged Minhyuk by his shoulders. Minhyuk look back at him, “That’s so random and out of topic.” Hana look at them both.

“Hey, I’m a psychologist. I know what to do.” Minhyuk stated. 


So, now condition on Jieun is spreading through the air.

Hmm~ 

What should I put next?