Advice

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

A text came in.

Hey, I have a sudden urgent meeting. Can I drop Hyungjae at your house today? Hana’s not home this week. – Himchan

Yeah sure. What’s with the sudden meeting at 6.30 in the morning?! – Eunkwang

The president wants to meet us for the next comeback. Ergh! I know he’s a one sick guy! – Himchan

Oh yes, he is. Ah~ Is that so? – Eunkwang

Yeap, I’ll be there in 15 minutes? – Himchan

Okay. – Eunkwang

Eunkwang slowly stood up from the bed and hit the shower. He turned off the shower tap and thought on Jieun, ‘Did you miss me like I miss you? I love you Jieun. I don’t want to lose you.’ He wore his white v-neck shirt and red shorts.

He then went to the kitchen for some breakfast. “Hyungjae~ Hyungjae~” he called out the small boy’s name for few times before deciding to make blueberry waffles.

The door bell rang, “Hey. Sorry all of sudden in the morning.” Himchan whispered with Hyungjae sleeping in his arms. He smiled, “Come in. Lay him on the couch.” Eunkwang closed the doors behind him.

Himchan adjusts Hyungjae’s sleeping position and left to the kitchen. “You want tea or coffee?” he opened the kitchen cabinet for those two types of powders. “I’ll have a cup of tea.” Himchan sat on the high stool. Eunkwang placed the tea bag into the pot and pour the tea into a cup and hand it to Himchan.

“Thanks for bringing him.” Eunkwang thanked him and that just made Himchan stood in confused. “What do you mean? I suppose apologise to you, disturbing your Saturday morning.” He sipped his tea.

“Nah, its fine. Hey, even I’m alone and I need a company for a while.” Himchan made an ‘O’ mouth shape to Eunkwang’s explanation.

“Hey, I gotta get going now. I don’t want to hit the traffic.” Himchan stood up and walk to the doors. “You’ll be picking him up soon?” Eunkwang asked before Himchan left the door.

He thought for a while, “I’m … not … sure.” Eunkwang held his shoulder, “Gwenchana. The longer the better for me.” Himchan nods and left.

Eunkwang closed the door in front him, “Appa?” Hyungjae slowly sat up from the couch. He walks slowly to Eunkwang and hanged on his leg, “Hyungjae? You’re awake?” Eunkwang look at him hanging like a koala.

Hyungjae feel asleep again by hanging on Eunkwang’s leg. He carried on his arms, “You still sleepy? You want to sleep?” Hyungjae shook his head, “Then?” he tapped his stomach, “Hungry.”

Eunkwang giggled and placed him on the high stool, “I made blueberry waffles.” He placed the waffles on a plate and served to the little boy before joining him. “You didn’t eat before you came?” Eunkwang watch him eat.

He shook his head vigorously, “Himchan hyung doesn’t cook. He said he was in rush and Hana noona off for a week.” He said with his mouth full. They finished their breakfast when the clock strikes exactly at 8.15am.

Eunkwang carried Hyungjae onto his arm, “So, what do you usually do during Saturday?” He asked while place him next on the couch. “I’d be playing with the cats and watching cartoons.” He flashed his gummy smile. ‘He’s too cute with his gummy smile.’

“I don’t have cats but let’s watch if there any interesting cartoons this morning.” He flipped through the TV channels. “I’ve watched everything.” Hyungjae pouted. “You have?” Eunkwang asked back. He nods, “Lets do something else.”

Eunkwang thought for a while until his mind brought some ideas to him. “I wanna go somewhere.” Hyungjae looked at Eunkwang, “Where?” he ruffled his hair, “Somewhere and someone that I just missed.”

He brings Hyungjae to his room, “What should I wear?” he opens the wardrobe. Hyungjae’s jaw hanged in awe, “Your wardrobe almost the same as Hana noona’s.” Eunkwang raised his eyebrows, weird.

“That one! The black pants, white blouse and black cardigan.” Eunkwang took what Hyungjae mentioned and changed in the bathroom. “Hyungjae-ah, you wanna change your clothes? You still have yours in your bedroom.” Eunkwang said while changing.

“No. this outfit made me feel nice.” He answered. Eunkwang came out from the bathroom and fix his hair, “Appa, why’s your hair white? Are you growing old too soon?” Eunkwang held his laughter form Hyungjae’s question.

“Aniyo. I like my hair colour this way.” He made the simplest answer for that small boy. “Let’s go.” Eunkwang held the small hand and walks to the car. “Appa, this is not your car. Your car is red not blue, right?” he pointed to Eunkwang’s Aston Martin.

He giggled and buckled Hyungjae on the side passenger seat. Eunkwang start the engine and drove off. “Appa, where are we going actually?” Hyungjae asked, looking at him. “Visit your halmeoni, my mother to be precise.”

Hyungjae didn’t made any movement nor sound, “Do they have cats?!” Eunkwang mentally slap himself, “I haven’t seen any and I’m not sure if they have.”

Eunkwang drove to Seoul Memorial Park, the place where his mother buried including SeungJae. Eunkwang lift Hyungjae onto his arms, “Why are you silence? You hungry?” Eunkwang noticed that little boy didn’t talk.

He shook his head, “The place is quiet and nobody’s here. I like it.” ‘Seriously?’ Eunkwang smiled at him. “Let me walk. I’m getting fatter and heavier.” Hyungjae struggle to get on his feet. Eunkwang held hand and walk to his mom’s grave.

He bowed, “Omma, Annyeonghaseyo.” Hyungjae only look at him and Mrs. Seo tombstone. Eunkwang decide to sit on the grass, wondering what his mother doing.

 “Omma, how are you? Are you feeling great?” he asked.

Eunkwang caressed his mother’s tombstone, “Sorry, I hadn’t visit you for a while. There are some things I’d like to tell. Oh, it’s summer season. It’s a lovely weather too.

Eunkwang placed Hyungjae on his lap, “I brought my lovely son. It’s a long story to tell about this cute boy.” Hyungjae stoop up from Eunkwang’s lap and bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo halmeoni. Kim Hyungjae imnida.” He sat back on Eunkwang’s lap. “I miss you mom, and I’m not saying this because I have too. It’s because I know time always moving forward and I can’t repeat those memories with you.”

Hyungjae played with the tip of the grass, “Jieun and I met in a car accident, for like 6 months ago. It was entirely my fault. We spend our 5 months of coma were a total nightmare. That’s why I didn’t visit you in the past months.” Eunkwang begin to spoke.

Hyungjae only concentrate on his surrounding which is better for Eunkwang, “I’m guilty for this. And I’m the one that caused her to lose her current memories. She doesn’t know who I am or this boy.” Eunkwang begin to sob.

“I’m sorry mom that you have to see me like this.” He shed his tears. Hyungjae distracted by Eunkwang’s sobbing. He looks behind and saw Eunkwang’s tears streaming down, “Appa…”

“Don’t cry.” He wiped Eunkwang’s remaining tears with his small hand. Eunkwang ruffled his hair, ‘Only – if you could understand the situation now, Hyungjae.’ He thought while bringing the boy closer to his broad chest.

‘I wish you could listen to me mom and say something. I need your advice.’

“Appa, can halmeoni hear us?” Hyungjae asked out of the blue. Eunkwang smiled, “Of course she can. You have anything to say?”

“Halmeoni! Saranghae!!” Hyungjae threw his heart.

Eunkwang giggled, ‘Omma, this boy is my friend’s brother. He adopts him. I’m just taking care of him when he’s busy. He’s very bubby and sweet.’ He looks carefully at Hyungjae that playing with the grass.

Eunkwang stare his mother’s tombstone for a while before carrying Hyungjae on his neck and stood up, “Omma, we’ll be leaving now. I have to visit SeungJae now, he’s Jieun’s brother.”

“Halmeoni, don’t worry. Appa is strong and he’s the best person I’ve met. I’m sure omma will come back and visits you.” Hyungjae bowed including Eunkwang and they left.

“Who is SeungJae?” Hyungjae placed his chin on top of Eunkwang’s head. “He’s omma’s brother. Which make he’s your uncle. Eunkwang look at him from the corner of his eye.

Hyungjae made an ‘O’ mouth shape. Eunkwang bowed to SeungJae, “Annyeonghaseyo hyung, it's me Eunkwang. I’m Jieun’s wife.”

This time Eunkwang only apologise and told him what happen before. The same thing he told like he was visiting his mom earlier. “Hyung, I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have done that. I’m pretty sure if you’re still alive, I’ll be your dinner.”

Hyungjae pinched both Eunkwang’s cheek made him hard to talk, “Hyungjae-ah~ appa needs to talk.” He begged the little boy to release it. He giggled, “Uncle! Appa is daebak! You can count on him.” Hyungjae convinced.

‘What’s with all the praises?’ Eunkwang went confused to that little boy. “I guess, I just told you that. I will bring her back visiting you and I know you miss her so much.” Eunkwang said confidently.

They both bowed, “We’ll be back soon. Bye.” And left to the car. “You hungry?” Eunkwang asked while took a glance at the digital clock on his car dashboard. Hyungjae shook his head; “I was wondering where we are going next…” he answered.

Eunkwang smiled at him, “Somewhere you’ll like.” He buckled the small boy’s seat. “Assa!” he clapped his hand together. Eunkwang hit the main road and look at the digital clock, ‘It’s just 11.30 am.’

Eunkwang tapped his fingers and made some rhythm on the steering wheel, “Appa, why omma is not home? Is she working today?” Hyungjae asked out of the blue. Eunkwang almost emergency brake, “Y-you could say that.” He lightly sighed.

Eunkwang: Are you home?

Minhyuk: Yeah, you wanna come?

Eunkwang: Nae~ I bring Hyungjae with me too.

Minhyuk: That’s great!

Eunkwang: We’ll be there in 10 more minutes.

Minhyuk: Okay!

Eunkwang drove to Minhyuk’s house this time, “So, this is it.” He parked the car. Eunkwang unbuckled Hyungjae’s seat and shove him into his arms. “Kittens!” Hyungjae squeals to be on his feet.

Eunkwang held his hand and rang the house door. “You guys are here?” Minhyuk opened the door. Eunkwang smiled, “Oppa!” a girl voice from inside of the house, made Eunkwang curious. “Am I missing something?”

Minhyuk smiled awkwardly, “Jagiya~ our guests are here!” Minhyuk yelled and Jaehwa peeked from the kitchen, “Oh hello!” she smiled before resumed. “You guys didn’t do anything naughty, right?” Eunkwang smirked.

“Yah! What are you saying in front of this boy?!” He pointed at Hyungjae that cuddling with the kittens. “Jagi, are you gonna let our guests to stay outside forever?” Jaehwa asked from the kitchen.

“Sorry.” Minhyuk mumbled and let both of them in. Jaehwa came back from the kitchen and join the part at the living room. Hyungjae took the TV remote and changed to his favourite cartoon channel, “So, Eunkwang how are you feeling?” Minhyuk asked.

“L-O-N-E-L-Y.” he said in monotone.

“I don’t know how to say this, but one thing is I miss her terribly. I want her back. I want Jieun to remember me back, but how?” Eunkwang asked. “You pray and hope that she’ll soon remember about you.” Jaehwa smiled.

“Or you can start phase by phase. Like from the things that she shared with you at first and that thing is the one that she love the most.” Minhyuk played with Jaehwa’s fingers.

“Wait, I have something that may be help.” Jaehwa ran upstairs.

I’m sorry but I have to leave Hyungjae with you for few more days. The president wants us to meet the dance choreo tonight. – Himchan

It’s fine with me. – Eunkwang

Eunkwang looked at Hyungjae that glued his eyes at the TV, “Hyungjae-ah. Come sit with me.” Eunkwang pat his lap. Hyungjae ran to him and sat on his lap, “Himchan hyung said, you have to stay with me for few more days, okay?”

Hyungjae smiled from ear to ear, “YES! I can play more with you.” He giggled. ‘Hyungjae looks like Eunkwang’s own son. I wish Hyungjae could make him cheerful as before.’ Minhyuk thought.

Jaehwa come back downstairs with a book on her hand, ‘Another diary?’ she hands to Eunkwang. “It’s a photobook that I made. It’s supposed to be her birthday present, but she needs it more. ” She said.

Eunkwang flipped through the pages, “Who’s this guy?” he pointed. “Oh, that’s Byunghyun. He’s Jieun’s ex-boyfriend.” She answered.

“Omma is beautiful.” Hyungjae watched the pictures with Eunkwang. “The tie is … only between … me and … you.” Hyungjae read the picture’s caption one by one. “She wrote that on a paper. She said that it’s for someone that means a lot for her.” Jaehwa explained to Hyungjae’s words.

Minhyuk saw the picture, “He looks familiar.” He moves closer. “Yeah, he got the common-face-looks.” Eunkwang said the same thing.

“It sure helps a lot. Thank you.” Eunkwang smiled.

Jaehwa nods, “Anything for my best friend her wonderful husband.” And that just made Minhyuk glare her, “Don’t worry. You’ll be a great father.” Eunkwang held his shoulders.


Hi guys!

I don't think I could end the fic too early. There's another surprise will on >:) *evil laughs*

So, I hope to see you guys soon :D