Stuck.

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

Are you home? – Jaehwa

Yeah. What’s up girlfriend? – Jieun

I have something to urgent tell you. – Jaehwa

Jieun sensed something’s not good. Jaehwa usually reply “I’m interested in guys not girls…” when she text her the word ‘girlfriend’. ‘Oh, this is not good.’

Jieun walks back and forth at the living hall, thinking what would be Jaehwa’s thing. “What is it about?!” she spoke to herself. 

The house bell rang. Jieun ran to the door and found Jaehwa crying, emotionally. Jieun hugged her and gestured her inside.

“What’s wrong?” Jieun sat next to Jaehwa and wiped her tears away. Jaehwa seems hard to talk and cried more. “It’s okay. Cry all you want. Don’t keep the feelings with you.” Jieun hugged her and sooth her back.

After few minutes, Jaehwa stopped and pulled the hug. “I’m sorry, I drenched your shirt.” Jaehwa try to smile. “It’s fine. Even I just get back from work.” Jieun replied. “You can tell me when you’re comfortable.” Jieun stood up and took a glass of water for her.

“Gomawo.” Jaehwa took the glass. “You have anything to tell me?” Jieun asked back. Jaehwa look at her, “My parents’. They … they planned to get a divorce.” Jaehwa stated and looked down.

“Why? Is there any problem?” Jieun held her hands to calm her. “I don’t know. When I get home all I heard was shouting and yelling from upstairs. I went to their door and they were yelling at each other. Dad said, he want to file a divorce. Mom begged not to, but dad insists.” Jaehwa tears begin to pond up her eyes.

“I was so scared so I text you.” Jaehwa continued. Jieun sympathize, “Hey, I’m always here for you.” Jieun sooth her back. Jaehwa smiled at her, “You’ve been a great friend.” She praised.

“We never know what happen, wait for tomorrow, okay?” Jieun suggests and Jaehwa nodded. “Speaking of which, where’s your hubby?” she asked and look around. “He’s at Malaysia, business work. He’ll be back by tomorrow.” Jieun answered.

“Jieun, c-can I sleep here tonight?” Jaehwa asked in monotone. “I’ll never say no. The guest room is there.” Jieun pointed the other hallway. “I’m really thank you.  I owe you terribly.” Jaehwa hugged her back.

“Hey, let’s clean up and have dinner together okay?” Both of them stood up and went to their own room.

~~~~~

“Did your parents know that you’re not coming back home last night?” Jieun asked while drove the car. “They already get used that I’m not home.” Jaehwa answered. Jieun parked her car in front of Jaehwa’s house.

They slowly make their steps to the house and found the door wasn’t lock and left ajar. “Omma? Abeoji?” Jaehwa called. Both of them went upstairs and shock found Mrs Yoon Lying on the floor covered with blood. “OMMA!” Jaehwa yelled and placed Mrs on her lap, “My daugh-*cough*ter.” Mrs caressed her daughter cheek. Jieun quickly called 911 for help.

Soon after, the ambulance came and drove Mrs Yoon to the hospital. After half an hour struggling in the operation room, the doctor came out, “We almost lost her. She ran out too much blood. We’re shortage of A- blood type.” Doctor spoke which Jaehwa burst her tears.

“My blood is A-.” Jieun offered herself even though she’s scared to needle. “Follow me.” Jieun hugs Jaehwa, “Everything’s gonna be fine.” Jieun then off followed the doctor. Jaehwa went into the room.

“Jaehwa-ah?” her mom called as the door open. Jaehwa ran to her, “Omma, please don’t leave me. I don’t want to be alone.” Jaehwa cried on her mom’s hand. Mrs Yoon pats her head, “I’m still here with you, why are you crying.” Mrs Yoon tries to sound better.

“Dad makes you like this?!” Jaehwa asked. Her mom shook her head, and then blood coming out from her deep coughs. Jaehwa panicked and called the nurse. The nurse made her stay outside of the room. Not long after, Woohyun came. “I heard about your mom. What happen?” Jaehwa hug him and shook her head. “I’ll get you something okay, stay here.” Woohyun walk to the vendor machine.

Then, Jieun tag along. ‘I don’t think it’s a good time asking her.’ Jieun thought. “She’s in there and she’s in worst condition.” Jaehwa hugged Jieun.

Woohyun came back and saw Jieun, he became puzzled and don’t know what to do. His kiss with Jieun kept on playing all over again. “W-Woohyun?” Jaehwa look at Jieun’s back. Jieun turned and smiled at him. ‘Did she just smile at me?’ Woohyun confused.

“Yoon’s family members?” the doctor asked. Jaehwa stood up and wiped her tears away. “Your mom is having 2nd stage of lung cancer.” Jaehwa fell of what the doctor mentioned. “She didn’t tell you about this?” the doctor asked again. Jaehwa only shook her head.

“Well, she still has high chances to recover. I have to put her in the ICU for observation. We just pray and hope everything will be fine.” The doctor left them as he finished. Jaehwa sat on the floor and stare at the blank wall, “I’ve been rebellious daughter. I’ve never made them happy, and now they suffer because of me.” Jaehwa cursed herself.

“Don’t you dare talk like that!” Woohyun warned. “Why?! It’s true. I’m a rebellious daughter.” Jieun gave a slap at Jaehwa to make her gain her senses. “What’ wrong with you?! You’ve been a great psychologist and that’s just too much to make them proud and happy at you.” Jieun shook her body.

Jaehwa look down, “I don’t know.” she replied back. “We always here for you okay.” Three of them hug each other.

“Now, let’s just get home and take a rest.” Woohyun suggest. Jieun helped Jaehwa back on her feet. “I wanna stay tonight.” Jaehwa told. “You sure?” Jieun asked back. “100%”

Jaehwa went to the ICU ward and left Woohyun and Jieun alone. “L-let’s gets back.” Woohyun breaks the awkward.

They entered the lift and stood still like a pair artwork. “I’m sorry about yesterday. I didn’t mean to.” Woohyun explain. “I already forget about yesterday.” Jieun make herself clear. “Don’t get me wrong, I-…”

“You’re my friend and we all make mistake. I forgive you.” Jieun cut him off. The lift’s door open and they walked out to their car. “Jieun …” Woohyun called her. “Goodnight to you too.” Jieun replied.

‘I like you since you confess to me when you were 10. I like you so much Jieun.’ 


*DING-DONG*

THIS IS ONLY THE TEASER! 

Hey guys :) 

WHY-SO-SERIOUS?!

Well, the real thing will be showed up in the next chapter.

OMG! What have I done?!

I give you a hint : TERRIBLE.

Comment below & subscribe :)

Kamsahamnida ~

xoxo