The First Sign

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

“Jieun, lunch time!” Junkyu sounds excited. Jieun giggled and cleaned up her desk before following them to the cafeteria. “Hana? Are you coming?” Jieun asked. Hana shook her head, “I have work to done.” She answered. “You want me to buy something for you?” Hana shook her head. “We’ll be going, take care.”

JB, Junkyu and Jieun, the triple J went to the cafeteria. Well, JB made the name the other day. “Can you buy the ramyun for me?” Jieun hand the money to Junkyu. “Yeah, sure.” Junkyu went off. “I’ll treat you drinks.” JB said.

All three of them sat at the table, having their lunch quietly. “You seem tired, what’s up?” JB asked. “Nah, it’s just lack of sleep.” Jieun held herself from telling them about yesterday. They just nodded understand. Junkyu’s mind wandering away and eyed on Jieun’s ring.

“You’ve married?” Junkyu asked and JB look at her.

Jieun nodded, “Is he working here too?” JB whispered.

“I don’t think so young men.” Jieun whispered back. They giggled.

“Look!” JB pointed. Junkyu looked to where he pointed at and Jieun smiled at JB who slurped Junkyu’s noodle. “Dude! You’re eating my food!” Junkyu hits JB. “Speaking of which, someone is smiling alone.” JB teased Jieun.

Jieun: Jagiya~ you’re going home today! Soooooo exciteeeeed J

Eunkwang: Hey. Yeah, I think I’ll be late. Don’t wait for me. I don’t want you to be tired.

Jieun: Aww~ I just planned to fetch you.

Eunkwang: It’s okay. My plane will depart soon. See you!

Jieun: See you too.

“It’s my husband.” Jieun replied them. They made an ‘O’ mouth shape. Three of them stood up and went back to their place and get back to work.

‘Time does flies.’ Jieun thought as she looked at her watch, it’s already a quarter pass 5. “Hey, I’m going now. See you guys.” Jieun waved and left to her car.

As the traffic light turns red, her phone rang. It was Jaehwa.

Jaehwa: My mom. She’s …. She’s

Jieun: Hey, hold on. I’m coming okay.

Jieun sped off to the hospital and look for Jaehwa. “Jieun!” Jaehwa yelled her name. Jieun ran and hugged her, “My mom, she’s gone to CCU now. The doctor said she’s gone too much stress.” Jaehwa said as she released the hug.

 “Miss Yoon?” the nurse called. “Your mother wished to see you and Jieun now.” the nurse continued. Jieun nodded and walked with Jaehwa. She pushed the door and walked to her mother. It was painful for Jaehwa to experience this. All she saw was IV lines on her mom’s hand, oxygen tank and other machines.

“Omma?” Jaehwa sat on the chair and held her mother’s hand.”Jaehwa-ah, I don’t think I have much time to be with you.” Her mom pulled the oxygen masked from her face. “Just don’t. Wear it back.” Jaehwa wore her mom the oxygen mask back.

Jagiya, I’m at hospital. I’m visiting Jaehwa’s mom. She’s having 2nd stage of lung cancer. – Jieun

Okay. Don’t come back late. – Eunkwang

‘Okay? Don’t you even think about visiting?’ Jieun thought.

“Jieun, how are you?” she asked. “I’m fine.” Jieun answered. “Your parents will be here soon.” Mrs. Yoon continued. “I have something to tell you.” Mrs. Yoon coughed as she told. “Mom, rest.” Jaehwa couldn’t take it anymore.

“I don’t think I could make it to watch my only child married with the person she loves.” Mrs. Yoon held Jaehwa’s hand. “Omma! You will! You will see me wedding dress.” Jaehwa protest what ever Mrs. Yoon said.

“You’re a great daughter and I’m proud to have you as mine.” She smiled and caressed Jaehwa’s cheek. “I’m sorry for not telling you earlier. I don’t want you to be worried about me.” Her mom tears feel on her pale cheek.

Both of them spending almost 2 hours talking to Mrs. Yoon, “I think I have to go back home now.” Jieun look at her watch. Mrs. Yoon nodded, “You should. Your husband must be worried.” Jieun bowed and left.

She drove her car back home and get into the house. “I’m home.” She yelled from the front door. She saw Eunkwang sat on the couch, smiling at her. “Hey, how’s the business trip?” Jieun asked.

He half smiled, “It was fine.” He stood up and pecked on the corner of your lips while you were expecting missing lips. ‘What have got into you?’ Jieun thought. Eunkwang went to the bedroom, “I’m tired. I’m going to sleep now.”

Jieun sigh, “You’re a bit different.” She mumbled. She went to the kitchen and took a glass of milk before went to bed.

She knocked and entered, ‘You’re really tired, aren’t you?’ Jieun thought. Jieun took her pyjamas and changed in the bathroom. She came out and crawled up on the bed. Jieun slowly lie beside him, “I miss you.” Her eyes distracted to his lips. She gently touched it, ‘I miss your kiss.’ Her touch just made Eunkwang moves and makes his back face her.

Jieun giggled, ‘Good night.’ she leaned and kissed on his cheek. 


I left you guys for like 2-3 days (or more) already! I miss my readers :'(

Sorry, my brain went a bit jammed x|

Oh, this is the second teaser for the suspence >:)

Hehe~