Not even a bit ...

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

“I-it’s me, Eun-Eunkwang.” Eunkwang held her hand but she pulled away. “I-I don’t know any guy named Eunkwang in my life.” She said.

Eunkwang’s felt heart scattered to million pieces with his soul ripped into half when he heard the last sentence from . ‘Jieun, did you purposely do this?’

“Why am I here? Where are SeungJae and SeungHyun?” Jieun looks around her room. Eunkwang slowly stood up and took his steps back to his room and left Jieun in her room, alone. Eunkwang walk into his room and thought that he never knew Jieun already awake.

‘What have I done?!’ Eunkwang stare outside at the window, crying.


SeungHyun rushed back to Jieun’s room and found Jieun looking at her stomach. “Oppa!” she smiled. SeungHyun hugged her, tight, “I miss you pumpkin!” he ruffled her hair.

Christ came back to Jieun’s bedroom and check her pulse again, for the umpteenth time, “You seem fine Jieun. Do you feel anything weird?” Christ asked while jotted down her readings.

“Yeah, a guy named Eunkwang hugged me out of sudden. Who is he?” Jieun sudden question just made them both stare her, “Oppa, where’s SeungJae oppa?” Jieun asked SeungHyun. Eunkwang is your husband. He’s gone, don’t you remember?’ SeungHyun and Christ thought.

Christ’s face look even serious than before. He wiped his tears as he sat next to her bed. “Tell me more what you can remember.” Christ said. “From the time, it seems that I have my art class within 2 more hours.” Jieun giggled.

“Oh, how’s your practical class? Did everything go as usual? Christ oppa, you look too serious. Chill, it’s just a practical intern.” Jieun tapped his shoulder which made them a lot of checking to do.

“Well, I’ll be checking on you in the evening later Jieun. And hello to you.” Christ smiled awkwardly and left. “Bye bye!” Jieun waved.

1 hour after, her parents’, Jaehwa and Minhyuk were there. “JIEUN!” they almost yelled her but they remind themselves they’re at hospital. They hugged her and Jieun look closely on Minhyuk. “I didn’t know you had a boyfriend.” Jieun teased.

They made confused faces at her, “What? Did I say something wrong?” she asked. “I need to talk to you guys outside.” SeungHyun them out.

“You better clear yourself young man! What’s going on with her? Is she playing a joke?” Mrs. Choi crossed her arms and wait for SeungHyun’s explanation. “I can’t tell, because I’m not in charge of her.” SeungHyun tend to keep his voice low.

“What do you mean by that? You’re a doctor!” Mr. Choi sounds mad. “I’m a paediatric doctor, dad. You’re a doctor too. Don’t you know?” SeungHyun being sarcastic at the epic moment.

“TOP!” Christ called from the back. He ran to them, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Christ. I’m Jieun’s doctor.” He bowed. “From the early minor examination, she gives out a few signs.”

“What signs?” Jaehwa asked.

“That she had lost some of her memories.” It was hard for Christ to say it, since he is close to them. Mrs. Choi fell on her knees, “My Jieun…” she cried with Jaehwa sooth her back. “Did she totally lose … everything?” Mr. Choi asked.

Christ shook his head, “She lost her current memories. From the time she awakes, she asked where’s SeungJae and she thought that we still in our practical intern.” Christ continued. Minhyuk raise his eyebrow, “Wait, so you mean. She doesn’t know me?” Minhyuk asked.

Christ shrugged, “New characters never existed in her life. She can only recall what happen before Seungjae’s accident.” ‘It means, she doesn’t know whose Eunkwang is and she already married.’ Jaehwa and Minhyuk look at each other as they communicate through their minds.

Mr. Choi look down and sigh lightly, “Is she … will be in that condition, forever?” he asked.

“From what the hospital’s patient records, some of them recovered fully but it takes long time to recover. And some of them didn’t recover at all. Her conditions depending on her, whether she wants to remember the future and the past, remember only the past or begin a new future.” Christ giving out the options.

They nodded, “Thank you for taking care of my daughter, Christ. I owe you a lot.” Mr. Choi bowed at him. “It’s my duty as a doctor.” Christ begins to walk off, “Wait!” SeungHyun stopped him.

“What about the babies with her?” SeungHyun keeps his voice low. Christ smiled, “Her pulse and body reading are normal and the babies are fine.” They held their chest, relief.

Meanwhile, Jieun in her room alone looking at her stomach, ‘Why is my stomach’s size bigger than the usual?’ she caressed her stomach. The whole party came back to her room, “Hi!” she greet at them.

“Hey. Jieun, do you know me?” Jaehwa asked. Jieun stare, “I’m your friend and your neighbour, Nam Jaehwa.” Jaehwa giggled.

“So, how are you princess?” Mr. Choi asked and tries not to be surprise that she lose her memories. Jieun smiled, “I’m good.”

“Jaehwa, you hadn’t told me about your boyfriend.” Jieun twitched eye-smiled at Minhyuk. “Annyeong, Lee Minhyuk imnida.” Minhyuk bowed, he actually wanted to add the ‘I’m Eunkwang’s best friend.’ Part but Jaehwa held his hand, not to.

Jieun looks back at her growing stomach, “Aah!!!” Jieun held the pain. “What’s wrong?” Jieun held her stomach, “Ah~ it must be the baby kicking.” Mrs. Choi said.

“Babies? What do you mean?” Jieun held her stomach and look at them confused. “You’re a mother Jieun.”  Mr. Choi added.

“I-it can’t be right. I-I’m not m-married yet.” Jieun protested. Mrs. Choi sat by her side, “Jieun, you already married. Your husband is Eunkwang. You already married to him 7 months ago.” Mrs. Choi tries to gain your memories back.

Jieun held her temples and pulled her hair, “Stop! Ahh!!” she screamed. “Jieun, try to remember at least about your husband, Eunkwang. Hyungjae? You loved him so much! Don’t you remember him?!” Mr. and Mrs. Choi forced her to remember all.

“STOP! MY HEAD HURTS!!” she yelled again which caused Christ to barge into her room. “I need everyone to out from this room, please.” Christ instructs them out. They sighed and stepped out. Jieun held SeungHyun’s wrist, “Don’t go.” Christ nodded and gives them time.

“I don’t mean to make her suffer even more.” Mrs. Choi cried on her husband’s shoulder. “We can’t force her to remember everything or she’ll lose everything that she remembered including about herself.” Christ gives them warning.

Minhyuk look at him, “Then, what can we do to get her on her memories back?” Christ smiled at him, “We try slowly. Phase by phase.” He spoke. “We can help her to remember by the first thing that happens.” Christ continued.

Mrs.Choi sighed, “I don’t want to lose her.”

“I hope you all could understand in her shoes.” Christ bowed and left. Minhyuk look at them, as he remembered on his best friend “What about Eunkwang? Should I tell him?” he points downwards.

“I think ‘we’ should tell him.” Mr. Choi suggests. They nodded and wait at the chair for SeungHyun.

“Oppa, my head hurts.” Jieun held her head. “And my stomach too.” She comforts her stomach. SeungHyun giggled and rubbed her temples, “Feeling better?” she nodded.

After a while, Jieun look at SeungHyun and caressed her growing stomach, “Is it true, I already married?” she asked in curious. SeungHyun gulped, “Y-yes.” Jieun made an ‘O’ mouth shape.

“Do you want to meet him?” SeungHyun drew random things on the back of Jieun’s hand. Jieun shook her head, “All of this is too sudden for me. I don’t want to hurt myself nor the baby. It’s too shocking for me. We have more time soon, right?” Jieun asked while make puppy eyes. SeungHyun giggled as yes.


Eunkwang curled himself on the bed and close his eyes with the tears running out. It was all too much for him. From the day they married, they had lost a child once and now they’re having it but Jieun lose everything.

It’s too hard for him accept it, but he blame himself that he’s the one that made her that way. His heart was scattered to million pieces and it’s hard to ‘glue’ back.

He needs to sleep; maybe this was all nightmares for him. But it wasn’t. His mind keeps on playing,

Do I know you?

Do I know you?

Do I know you?

Do I know you?

Do I know you?

He hit the pillow on his face, “Argh!” he screamed in the pillow. He shed his tears and tries to calm himself although; it’s too hard for him to swallow another bitter memory. He breathes in and out, “You gotta accept this Eunkwang. No matter how hard it is.” He motivates himself.

Some one knocks on his door, Eunkwang look at the door. It was Mr. and Mrs. Choi with Minhyuk Jaehwa and SeungHyun. “Hi. How are you?” Mr. Choi erased the awkwardness.

“I’m fine, thank you for asking. How about you guys?”

They smiled at him, “We have something to tell you and I hope you could hold yourself.” Mrs. Choi sat on his bed. Eunkwang look at her, “Jieun has awake. The only problem is, she lose her current memory.” Mrs. Choi held his shoulders.

Eunkwang try to hold his tears back, but it was too late, it’s already running down his cheek. “Do you, know about this?” Mr. Choi asked in softest voice he could ever heard from him. Eunkwang look down and wiped his tears, “Yes. He was. I brought him to her. I feel sorry for them to separate.” SeungHyun defend him.

‘I’m-sorry.’ Eunkwang mouthed to him and looked at him with his red eyes. SeungHyun smiled at him as he was saying, ‘It’s okay.’

“Do you want to see her?” Mrs. Choi suggests. “Can I?” Eunkwang shed his tears. They stood up and brought him to Jieun’s room.

SeungHyun knocks the door, “Jieun, Eunkwang is here. He wants have one word with you.” Jieun smiled at him as she agreed.

“I’ll be outside if you need me.” SeungHyun continued before Eunkwang walked in. He pastured smiled on his face, “Hi.” He said in monotone. Jieun smiled back, “Hey. Make yourself comfortable.” Jieun pointed at the chair next to her bed.

Eunkwang sat slowly, “I’m Eunkwang. Seo Eunkwang.” He told his name. “I know, they mentioned earlier. And you already know mine, right?” Jieun asked back.

Eunkwang giggled, ‘Its good to talk back with you. Even though you don’t know me.’ “So, you’re my husband?” Jieun asked while held her stomach. Eunkwang nods and look at her stomach, “The babies kicking?”

Jieun shyly nodded, “Can I touch?” he asked. Jieun look at him for a while and nods, “Kids, what are you guys doing there? Don’t fight and kicks mommy’s stomach. She’s tired. Listen to your mom okay?” he caressed his wife’s stomach.

“I don’t know how to say this but, I don’t remember a thing about you or that we even married.” Jieun said to him. “I understands.” He tries to smile.


Jieun? Whaaaaat?

Eunkwang, please stay strong.

Sometimes, I think that how could I wrote like this.

WOW, I'm amazed with myself! LOL