Second Piece of Puzzle

It Was a Long Journey For Us

It’s already been 2 weeks since Eunkwang and Jieun awaken form their long coma. “I’ve seen through your records and you’re progressing well. You may discharge today.” The doctor said while wrote something on the papers.

Eunkwang packed his clothes as the doctor left his room. ‘Looks like I can finally going home now.’ He tapped his phone screen and decides to call Minhyuk.

Eunkwang: Hey, are you busy?

Minhyuk: Not … really. My shift ends in few more minutes. What’s up?

Eunkwang: Oh, the doctor said I could discharge today. Would you mind … sent me home?

Minhyuk: Sure! Why not?! In fact, I’ll be drive home later.

Eunkwang: Thanks Minhyuk.

Minhyuk: Nah, take it as a friend’s deed. I’ll pick you up at the lobby within 10 more minutes?

Eunkwang: Okay, see you.

Eunkwang smiled from ear to ear, ‘I miss home.’ He placed all his property into the bag and walk outside. He thanked the doctors and nurses that took care of him in a while. “It’s been our job. Take care of yourself.” The nurse said.

Eunkwang move his steps to the lift, ‘How about Jieun?’ he suddenly thought of his wife. He lightly sighed as he reached at the lobby, “What’s with the long face?” Minhyuk asked from his right.

“Jieun. What about her?” Eunkwang looked at him, pleased.

Minhyuk smiled, “Well, she had Jaehwa, SeungHyun and even her own parents.”

“But, I’m her husband.” They walked to the pharmacy for the medication.

Minhyuk sighed, “I know. But don’t you think it’s too early for her to stay with you? You know, let her calm down before everything.”

They arrived almost an hour later because of the traffic jam, “How’s Jaehwa?” Eunkwang broke the silence.

“She’s doing great.” Minhyuk helped him carrying his luggage into the apartment.

Eunkwang paused, “What do you mean ‘doing great’?” he raised his eyebrows and look suspiciously at his aegyo-best friend.

Minhyuk giggled, “I mean she’s doing great as my fiancée.” Minhyuk cleared the thoughts of Eunkwang.

“Just leave the bags in my room.” Eunkwang said to Minhyuk as he walks to the rooms.

Eunkwang stood at the kitchen and start to cook for dinner, “Hey, I’ll be going now. I got some stuff to do tomorrow.” Minhyuk leaned on the kitchen counter.

“Are you sure? You can stop for dinner and I’ll be cooking.” Eunkwang answered in monotone. “Nah, its fine. Hey, don’t eat too much and get plenty of rest.” Minhyuk hugged him before left the apartment.

Eunkwang sighed, ‘Alone, with nobody. I wish Jieun’s here.’


Actually, Jieun was too discharged as the same day with Eunkwang but different time. “Jieun wore her peach knee ‘pregnant’ dress which Jaehwa bought for her 3 days ago.

“Jieun-ah, have you packed?” SeungHyun helped her stood up from the bed. She nods, “I have. Don’t worry.” SeungHyun took her bag and held her by her waist to support her. “You know, people will think you’re my husband if keep on doing that.” Jieun whispered as people look at them.

“Aww~ her husband is sweet.” A young lady praised.

“I wish my husband was like her.” Another woman said.

Jieun looked down blushed, “Oppa! Did you hear what I say?!” Jieun whined. SeungHyun giggled, “I am. But, I’m your brother and I don’t want to se you suffer from carrying the baby.” He looks at her stomach.

Jieun slightly hit his arm, “OPPA!”

Some people look at them weird, “Let’s just go…” SeungHyun said awkwardly.

Jieun ducked and sat into SeungHyun’s front passenger seat as SeungHyun skipped to the driver’s seat. “Oppa, aren’t you gonna be home late?”

“Well, Christ informed me that you can discharge by today. So, I took 2 weeks leave…” SeungHyun start the engine. “MWOH?!! I could take care of myself.” Jieun cut him off.

SeungHyun glared at her, “Arasso.” She mumbled under her breathe. He pinched her cheeks, “Even, omma and appa are not home. They off to Sweden 2 days ago for aunt’s marriage. She’s marrying a Swedish guy.” SeungHyun made the I-don’t-care look.

SeungHyun drove off to their parents’ house, or should they say as their old house. “So, it means that only 2 of us will be home?” Jieun asked while watching SeungHyun arranged her luggage. She wants to do it, but you know, SeungHyun was over-protective about her.

The day passes by and replaced with night filled with bright stars and glowing moon. SeungHyun who’s at the kitchen cooking, ‘This should be done.’ He placed chicken porridge into bowl and bbimbap on a plate before served on the dining table.

SeungHyun walked upstairs and knocked before went in. Jieun was there sleeping soundly after SeungHyun finished unpacked her stuff.

He slowly shook her, “Jieun-ah, wake up.” Jieun frowned and refused to wake. He pinched both of her cheeks, “Come on, dinner’s ready. I’m sure your children are hungry.” SeungHyun caressed her stomach and literally wakes her up.

Jieun walks down the stairs with her baby steps, “I’m just walking down the stairs but I’m taking too much time.” Jieun whined. “It’s fine. I don’t mind.”

Jieun sat in front of SeungHyun, “I made you chicken porridge.” He showed his thumbs up. Jieun giggled and took a sip. “How was it? Still good like always?”

Jieun made a weird face, “I taste it weird.” Suddenly, she ran to the sink and throw up. SeungHyun tie her hair and sooth her back. “Why am I like this?!” she asked after gargled with water.

“Normal food allergies, I guess.” SeungHyun walks with her back to the dining table. “But I’m hungry.” Jieun laid her head on the table.

“What do you want?” SeungHyun asked.

She tapped her chin, “I feel like, I wanna eat fried rice with squid.” SeungHyun raised his eyebrows, “Are you sure? Wasn’t that you hate squid so much?!”

Jieun crossed her arms, “Oppa, you asked me what I want and I said what I want. Then, you asked me back why. It’s just ‘that’ feeling you know. Pregnant food disorder, PFD.” Jieun teased.

SeungHyun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, “I can wait. Just cook for me, okay?” Jieun smiled. He stood and went back to the kitchen and starts his cooking.

SeungHyun came back to the dining table with a plate of fried rice with squid like Jieun requested, “Here you go.” SeungHyun crossed his fingers, hoping Jieun will like it. For the first time she eat it since she was 4 years old. It’s a long time ago.

Jieun munched, “Hmm! This is good! How could I hate squid so badly?!” she spoke in the same time. SeungHyun lightly sighed, ‘Thank goodness.’ “Eat well.” He said before ate the bbimbap.

The Choi’s dinner were quiet, no sound. After the dinner, Jieun sat on the couch stare at the blank TV. “The remote on the coffee table in front of you.” SeungHyun plopped himself next to her.

“I know.”

“Then why are you staring at the blank TV?”

“I just try to think about Eunkwang if that was his name and that Hyungjae boy.” Jieun held her stomach as the babies start to kick. SeungHyun met her gaze, “Can you just tell me a bit about him? Like fast facts?”

“He’s your husband and he loves you so much.” That’s all from SeungHyun. Jieun gave him serious look, “What, I rarely met you guys. I don’t know what you guys up to and I don’t want to know.”

Jieun nudged his ribs, “Eyy, you thinking dirty ah oppa?!” SeungHyun stood up, “I’m sleepy.” He walks off. Jieun walks quickly to him, “I’m just kidding.”

They both walk upstairs and SeungHyun sent Jieun to her room. He the bed lamp, “Good night and sweet dreams.” SeungHyun planted a kiss on top of her head.

Jieun held his wrist, “Sing for me, please?” SeungHyun sat at the edge of her bed and sang C-CLOWN’s Far Away Young Love since that song is a hit in the local radios.

‘It isn’t right and this is not the song. I remember the song has a line ‘It’s so blue’. Oppa, don’t you know that song? I think you’re the one that always sang to me before I sleep.’ Jieun thought for a while before drifted off.

~~~~~

That particular morning SeungHyun wake Jieun after he had his shower, “Rise and shine princess. It’s already 8 am.” Jieun stirred and slowly sat up and found SeungHyun smiled at her.

He pulled her to the bathroom, “Take your shower and call me when you’re done. I’ll be waiting outside.” SeungHyun closed the bathroom door and wait outside of her room.

Not long after, Jieun ended her shower and wore her grey training pants and pink sweatshirt. She combs her hair, ‘I feel different. I remember someone always comb my hair right after my shower. But who? SeungHyun oppa? SeungJae oppa? Or Eunkwang?’ Jieun stare at the mirror.

After combing, she makes the bed and look at the wall. ‘He’s my husband.’ Jieun look closely at the photos on the wall and the stick-on-posts left.

There’s one picture where she wore the wedding dress with Eunkwang in his metallic suit on the aisle, saying ‘I do’ before officially became husband and wife. Jieun literally, smiled when she look at the pictures.

Her eyes wandering around until she found a post stated,

Seo Eunkwang Choi Jieun

And the other one,

Jieun, I promise you with all my heart, I will love you forever and I won’t leave you. Love, S.E

‘You love me, but how can I love you back if can’t remember anything about you?’ Jieun sobs.

Jieun twists her doorknob and walk out and found SeungHyun leaned on the wall, waiting for her. “How long have you been waiting?” Jieun look at him. “Just a few minutes.” He giggled.

He held her hands and walk downstairs, “I made pancakes and I HOPE you don’t have your ‘PFD’ thing.” SeungHyun teased.

They sat facing each other during the breakfast, “Oppa, what happen to my room? Who changed my things?!” Jieun asked while place the small piece of pancake into . “Eunkwang, a day before your second wedding.” Still not making any eye-contact.

Jieun dropped her cutleries, “Second? Wait, how many times did I marry him?” Jieun became confused than ever. “He wants to make a surprise for you, so het set-up another wedding. He mentioned that during the first time you guys married, both of you pulled a straight face and there’s no photos for the wedding albums.” He explained with a smile.

Jieun made an ‘O’ mouth shape, “During the second wedding, he did a lot of things just to get the perfect wedding memories. I wish I was like him! The photos on your wall were during the day after your first wedding day and during second wedding. If you could recall everything, I’m sure you’ll be touched.”  He continued.

“Oh, and he took a leave for just 1 week for that second wedding planning. He gathered both families and told about the plan and it went as he planned.” He tapped lightly on Jieun’s nose.

‘Wow, I don’t know he was like that.’ Jieun smiled and continued eating.


Eunkwang particularly wake up early and wore one of his expensive suit and his favourite cologne. He had a mission on that day, to inform to Jieun’s head department about her condition.

He had his morning Earl Grey tea and a toast with strawberry jam that Jieun had made. His mind played back all the memories he had with Jieun before everything changed. He felt deeply regret inside but, the time can’t be reverse.

Eunkwang took the subway to Jieun’s work place. He still doesn’t feel right to drive his car that day. Eunkwang has another car that is Aston Martin’s V8 VANTAGE S COUPÉ which he only uses for business trip.

He took the subway and was filled with people! He had no choice to take it. Not long after, the subway arrived and Eunkwang took the 5th exit. He walked and arrived at the lobby. Eunkwang went to the counter and ask about Jieun’s department.

The counter girl gave him a pass and he took the lift. As he walks, people were looking at him, wondering who’s that handsome guy. The new CEO? A new staff in any department? Or the company’s new client? All of them thought either one of these three.

‘Who’s that good looking guy?’ Hana thought as her jaw hanged.

Eunkwang went inside knocked on the head department’s door. “Yes, come in.” he twist the doorknob and bowed.

“Please sit. May I know who are you and what are your intentions are?” Mrs. Lee asked. “I’m Eunkwang, Seo Eunkwang. I’m Jieun’s husband.”

“Oh yes Jieun. I rarely see her and she hadn’t come for almost 6 months now. What happen?” Mrs. Lee leaned forward to the table and focused carefully. “We had an accident before, I mean last year and we end-up in 5 months coma. I just discharged from the hospital yesterday.” Eunkwang explained.

Mrs. Lee shocked, “Oh my, I’m sorry for that. How is she? Is she alright?”

Eunkwang met her gaze, “She loses her current memories, including me.”

That just made Mrs. Lee almost drop of the shocking news, “I’m deeply sorry for that. Can she be healed?”

Eunkwang nods lightly, “She can and we try our best.”

Mrs. Lee stood up and looks outside for a while before sat back. “She needs a long break for the recovery. As long it helps for her memories, I’ll do anything.”

“Thank you for the understanding. I’ll be leaving now.” Eunkwang stood up and bowed.


BINGO! Jieun start to remember a bit, I think so...

Yeah, the post-post thingy is from the 16th chapter I think :)

Oh yea, the picture above is Aston Martins V8 Vantage S COUPE.

Eunkwang is rich!