"Why didn't you pull back?"

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

Eunkwang cam back to their table, “Sorry, for taken your time.” Jieun pretend not to hear anything and looked at Hyungjae, “You hungry? Come let’s go home. I’ll cook your favourite pumpkin soup.” Hyungjae followed Jieun and left Eunkwang dumbfounded.

Eunkwang ran after them and went to the car. This time, Jieun didn’t sit at the front passenger seat; she sat at the back with Hyungjae. ‘Maybe she’s tired.’ Eunkwang thought. He then the radio and turned the volume up.

“Himchan hyung! B.A.P! B.A.P!” Hyungjae yelled as the radio played No Mercy. Hyungjae sang together. Jieun smiled and looked outside. “I wonder what Himchan hyung doing right now.” Hyungjae mumbled. “You wanna call him?” Jieun offered her phone. Hyungjae tapped Himchan’s number and dialled.

The number you have dialled, is currently unavailable.  Please try again later.

Hyungjae shrugged and redial.

The number you have dialled, is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Hyungjae sigh. “What’s wrong?” Eunkwang asked. “It’s unavailable.” Hyungjae mimicked as the operator said. Eunkwang burst into laughing. “Try again. Maybe you get luck this time. Who knows?”

The number you have dialled, is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

“Still the same.” Hyungjae mumbled and passed back her phone. “Later we tried alright.” Jieun sooth him. They then arrived at their apartment. Jieun gets her groceries bags and left with Hyungjae, leaving Eunkwang alone at their back.

Jieun placed the groceries on the kitchen counter and start preparing. The house seemed cold than ever. Eunkwang and jieun didn’t talk to each other, not even a bit.

“Hyungjae-ah~ shouldn’t you get ready for dinner now?” Jieun asked while cutting the onions. Hyungjae pulled Eunkwang with him, “Appa! Let’s go.” Eunkwang followed him to his bedroom.

Jieun that’s still cooking in the kitchen stopped all her actions when remembered the moment when that woman kissed Eunkwang on his cheek. ‘Why didn’t he pull back? Can he just tell to that woman that he’s someone’s husband?’ Jieun mind wandering while cooking.

She continued cooking until a familiar arm wrapped around her waist. “Jagiya~” Eunkwang whispered and snuggled his face on her neck. “I didn’t you speak to me.” He kissed on her cheek but Jieun pulled away. “I don’t have anything to say.” She replied coldly.

Jieun released his arm from her waist and continue her work and pretend Eunkwang is not there.  “Omma, what did you cook?” Hyungjae asked while Eunkwang helped him sat on the high stool. “Your favourite. Pumpkin soup.” Jieun smiled. ‘She’s fine with Hyungjae. What have I done to her?’ Eunkwang droved into his deep thought.

Jieun placed the food in front of them and they ate quietly. Nobody talks, even Hyungjae didn’t hum like he used to. “You want more?” Jieun asked. Hyungjae shook his head and get down from the high stool. He went off to his bead. “Goodnight! Omma! Appa! I love you.” Hyungjae shoot his flying kisses.

Jieun cleaned the mess on the table and later off to the bed. Eunkwang followed Jieun and held her wrist. “Jieun, please tell me why are you like this? Are you having your time of your month?” Eunkwang asked. Jieun pulled her hand.

She took another step to the bathroom but Eunkwang was fast. He pulled Jieun into his embrace. “Time of the month? Yes?! I saw you kissing with another woman!” Jieun yelled and hit his chest continuously.  Eunkwang hugged her tight until Jieun was tired hitting Eunkwang’s broad chest.

“Why didn’t you pull back? You look happy with her.” Jieun tears sprawl out. “Shh!” Eunkwang sooth her back. “Don’t you shush me!” Jieun start to his more on his chest. ‘Where did she get all of the strength?’

“Answer me! Why Eunkwang? I thought I’m the only woman in your heart. Why you didn’t pull back when she kissed you?” Jieun bombarded Eunkwang with questions. Jieun slowed down and fell down on the floor with Eunkwang.

“She … she’s my ex-girlfriend.” Eunkwang answered.     

“It’s a long story. We continue this tomorrow, alright?” Eunkwang then carried her and placed on the bed. Eunkwang wiped her remaining tears and sang her favourite lullaby. “I’m sorry.” Eunkwang mumbled. He pulled Jieun closer to his warm body and they slowly drove off to slumber.


Third update of the day, I think?

Hey guys! How are you :)

It's just a short chapter this time.

Oh, hello ther enew subscriber! I hope you find my story is interesting and feel free to drop below :)

Silent readers, where are you?! *glare* LOL

Sorry for any errors and typos

Comment & subscribe :)

Kamsahamnida~

xoxo :)