Beginning

Married to the Game

 

Kikwang's Pov

Her body lays broken in the white sheets. She is almost as pale. Her beautiful face silences with all the tubes around her. Machines are hooked on her helping her survive. Keeping her alive. Her worst fear she looks weak. Pain fills my heart to see her like this. Wrath stabs at my lungs. I can't breathe knowing she might not make it. How could someone be so cruel?

A nurse wearing a gown walks towards me. “Are you Miss.Guerrero's family?” the dreadful question. “Yes I am” I say in barely a whisper. “Are you the baby daddy?” her smile is painted on. I wonder how many families she encounters with the same face? “Is she going to make it? What about the baby?” a grim face overtakes my usually happy face. “I take it you are and about them we need to have your consent to operate. An emergency c-section.” she says. I look at her. “Hand me the damn paper, you should have been had her in the O.R.” I say trying to contain my anger. She is dying and they are asking me to save her. This is a bunch of bull. I take the paper from her not reading it. I print my name and get it over with.

The nurse looks at me carefully. “Sir I've seen miracles happen. There is no need to to get worked up. Now please remain calm” she pats my shoulder like if that would give me all the peace in the world.

I sit down and look at eery hallway. The smell of cleanness isn't to pleasant. I put my hands in my face. I take deep breathes. I could really use a cigarette. I look at the sign that says no smoking. I laugh, Nany would blow one anywhere. I remember a time she smoked one at church. She laughed and offered me one. I think about the times we had.

I stand up as they roll someone in a stretcher. They are all still and calm. Giving me a scary feeling. I close my eyes. I don't want to think about her lying on that cold steel table. I'm to afraid of losing her. I love her to much. If she doesn't make it, I don't want to lose our baby too. There is 3 possible outcomes but only one is the best outcome.

I think about all the lies she said to be to hide her imperfections from me. One her father. I look to my side. I see the receptionists. She typing something. I walk over to her. She looks up at me smiling. “Can I help you?”she asks me really smiling. “I want to know if Park Jin Young made it?” I hold my breathe as she tells me. “Oh the Korean man? Well he died before he got to the hospital he died in the ambulance. I am really sorry” she tells me the dreadful new. Nany isn't going to be pleased.

~

Silence echoes on the walls. The baby isn't moving. Her eyes are closed. The doctor always hits her to move. She doesn't respond. “Get her oxygen” one of the nurses says in a rush. By the looks of it she's really small. Hard to see and understand if Nany looked like she going to bust. Dark thoughts overcome my mind as I see her laying in behind the blue sheet.

~

I look at my newborn baby girl in a glass incubator. Fighting for her life. She looks like beautiful flower in full bloom. A nurse approaches me. “Excuse me sir” I short chubby lady asks me. “Yes” I answer. So many interruptions in one day. Or should I say night and morning.

“What's her name?” she ask me and I notice she is carrying a clipboard. “What time was she born?” I ask and she looks at the paper. “At exactly midnight” she replies. I close my eyes. Nany was born today at noon. The nurse's voice zones as she talks about what I already know is going to happen. I look my baby once more and I say “Mayonaka Génesis Lee Guerrero” I say knowing this isn't the end it's only the beginning.


It's coming to an end. Wow i can't believe how long i lasted. i thought i was going to give up hey i made it. Like Kikwang it's only beginning.