What do you mean?

Married to the Game

 

After we were done eating brunch we went to my Lover's house. We were just hanging out when I got a call from my infamous best friend. She asked me where I was at and then she was like “Great tell him to drop you off at my house” she said this was to happily.

Once we hung up I look over at my fiancè he was reading over some stock thing that I had no idea about. “Babe can you take me to besties?” I asked him sweetly. He gave me a amused look “Sure why not” he replied.

~

I stood at the front door of Coco's front door barely ringing the doorbell when the door swung open. “Sit” she commands me and at the point it is all I can do. “Want anything to drink?” she offers. “No thank you, I just ate” she gives me a a hard look and finally says “well?”

“What do you mean?” I ask her. She looks at me in total astonishment and commands me to show her my left hand. That's when it all clicks. “So you want to know what happened today?” I ask innocently. She nods her begging.

I basically tell her how he called this morning asked if I wanted to share breakfast with him. I didn't turn him down so he showed up at my doorsteps. How he complimented me and I gave him a remark. Then I walked away so he got frustrated, he told me to stop playing with him. That I kissed him and then he broke away asking me to marry him.

When I was done she blunted out “i can't believe you did that” I smiled and told her “you know I grow impatient easily.” I didn't tell about the car because that would make her die.

She gets up quickly and goes to the kitchen. When she came back she was holding a a bottle of Louis Roederer and two champagne glasses. “Let's celebrate while it last” she says while she winks at me.

I can't stop from think taking her words so deeply. I want to continue being the person that I am . Plus I'm leaving in 4 days. He has always know that your jobs could split us up . My thoughts blackout as I drink some more Louis Roederer.