Don't fall Asleep

Married to the Game

 

The figure moves closer. It'd Yukatay. He on the other hand is holding something. A dart gun. “Playing my game are you now?” Coco always trying to talk before it gets to dramatic. He's really calm. “Please you can't hold a spoon right” he scoffs.

Coco moves. He shots but misses. It takes a couple seconds longer to aim for a moving target by that time Coco overpowered him. They wrestle a little. I know she is only playing with him. He's on top of her. “What do you think now Coconut?” he is mocking her not a smart move.

She overthrows him and positions the gun at his throat. Right where a nerve goes. “No, lower!” I exclaim. She glances at me quickly. Then pulls the trigger. The body goes limp. “Get the flag” no time to waste. I pull it from the ground.

~

The forest has a deadly silent hung over it. It's still like water before a rock bounces on it's surface. I hear a click go off, then a leaves crackle. I am on edge. “Run” Coco says in a voice that I know this isn't a game. My blooding is pumping. I am running as fast as I can not wanting to stop or slow down.

The forest has become a blur. All the green is making me nausea. I stumble on a root. Coco pulls me with her. I catch a glimpse of who is after us. A young girl with tan skin she looks harmless. “Stop I don't mean harm!” she calls out in a language I don't recognize.

We run through the undergrowth for while. Coco pulls me under a opening that I didn't see at all. We're quite for a while. She breaks the silence. “Who ever she is don't talk to her. No buts Nany she is a Wampus. she will trick you” she says in a hushed voice. I look at my hands i'm still holding the flag. “Where are we now?” in the chase i lost track of where we are. Coco looks at me. “That doesn't matter, the girl os looking for us. Better stay awake. They travel best in the dark. As the legend goes they say they are half cats” I don't know what to think.

Even if she told me to stay awake I know she'll fall asleep. Who ever is at there is just going to have to wait.