Keep it Locked

Married to the Game

 

I fell someone shacking me awake. I open my eyes, it's the girl. She covers my mouth with her head and does the universal sign for “shhs” she helps me outside. It's the next day. Probably early in the morning. She leads me to the bare of a tree. “Let me see your hand” she asks me in accented Japanese. She feels it and closes her eyes. “Do you have siblings?” where is she going with this. “No” she opens her eyes. I can see a flame being lit “Red blood will be spilled. It will be shared with a girl of your heart. Not a child but a black flower of the jungle of which we offered to you as a beginning of a line of warriors” the flame is in her eyes is gone.

“I must go now” she is gone in a blink of a eye. Leaving me to wonder if she does exist.

~

When I return Coco is awake. She glares at me with her bloodshot eyes. “where did you go?” she hisses. I don't know if to tell her the truth or lie. “Well?” Lets change the subject. “We better get out of here” she stands up. “If you talked to her. Don't tell me but understand that she isn't a prophet she could have easily lied to you” I roll my eyes. She doesn't understand . I saw the fire in her eyes. Unless she was controlled then I have nothing to worry about.

We have been walking for about 30 minutes. My feet are swollen. We haven't are anything. We sit down. Coco looks me over. “Nany tell me is there something up with you. Lately you've been acting I don't know delicate” her look is on fire.I wonder if she suspects. “Now really if there was something up I would have told you. Remember we are tight like an African braid” she grins. “Don't worry about me worry about yourself. Better keep them” she glances at my legs “Locked” I'm not sure if she knows. It's not like i'm a beach ball. Whatever she knows she'll confirm it soon enough.