You are my challenge (II)- Changsica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

                                                      

“Okay, everyone gathered together. Today we will be joining with Class A for physical education. We will be doing running for warm up before disperse you all into individual games,” Mr Lee, the teacher announced.

“OhMyGod, DBSK will be joining us!” the girls began to squeal and cheer happily. It’s like a best gift to them except for Jessica who is squatting down and showed a displeased expression at Mr Lee choice. The only sport that she hates was running.

“Did you hear what Mr Lee had said?” Tiffany asked excitedly.

“He told us to run,” Jessica pouted and began to whine, “Hell no I am going to run.”

“I know but what can you do? You can’t defy him because he is the strictest physical teacher in school. And besides, DBSK will be joining us,” Tiffany exclaimed with a huge grin plastered on her face.

“Why Mr Kim had to be on leave,” Jessica complained, plucking grass and throw it like a small little girl.

“Yah! Did you hear what I said? DBSK is joining us!”

“So? Then?”

“Seriously? So and then? Why aren’t you excited or at least feeling happy about it?” Tiffany asked.

“Why should I? Who they think they are?” Jessica said nonchalantly.

“Well, we are the Kingkas,” a low husky voice said.

“Omo!” Tiffany suddenly gasped and then covered shyly.

Jessica stood up and turned to her back and came face to face with an extreme handsome man, attired in sports wear which his perfectly toned abs became visible through the thin clothe. Their eyes locked for a moment and he could see that her innocent sweet fragile soul was being masked with her pair of icy eyes.

“Hi Jessica, we meet again,” he beamed at her which caused Jessica to return back to her senses. She never felt so intimated by anyone stare but his was different.

In return, he received yet another icy glare from her and then dragged Tiffany along with her, “let’s run.” Tiffany looked at her with surprise and quickly gave a shy smile to all of them who are staring at them.

“Oh dude, told ya!” Jaejoong teased and slammed Changmin back.

Why am I feeling disappointed? Is it that I have not been rejected before? Changmin thought. But still, he gave an assured smile to them and said half confidently, “I will definitely win her heart.”

~~~

“Why are you always showing attitude to them?” tiffany grilled.

“Because they are annoying,” Jessica answered casually. Tiffany shook her head and never came to figure out what is her ice princess thinking, they are a group of every girls ideal man yet she feel that they are annoying?

“If you say so,” she smiled, “but I really like Jaejoong Oppa.”

“I know…. You have been eye ogling him since day one and you wouldn’t stop mentioning him every now and then. You should get a life Fany,” Jessica told in joking tone.

“I believe one day we will be close friends and who knows we might become an item,” Tiffany day dreamed and Jessica shook her head.

They walked hand in hand around the school field, “why aren’t we running?” and earned laugher between themselves.

“Hi girls,” Changmin happily jogged towards them.

“What do you want?” Jessica snap, annoyed at his random appearance.

“I just want to make friend with you,” he grinned, sincere.

“I will leave you guys alone,” Tiffany slowly retreated, giving them some space and secretly feeling happy for her friend.

“A wise choice,” Changmin winked.

“Fany!” Jessica shouted with her eyes widened and crossed her arm across below her chest.

“Hi again, I haven’t introduce myself formally. I am Changmin,” he lend out a hand initiating a handshake.

Jessica faked a smile and began to walk off. Changmin followed closely behind her and further said, “I really want to be your friend.”

“But I don’t want to,” she replied, irritated and quickly jogged towards Tiffany, leaving the rejected man behind.

“Is she playing hard to get? Why aren’t my charms charming enough to attract her?” He couldn’t take the fact that he was being rejected, he felt upset. Did he have feelings for her already- Real feelings?

~~~

“Why are you so annoying? Can’t you please other target to annoy, I am sure they are more than glad to be annoyed by you,” Jessica snarled at Changmin who was following her while she was heading back home.

“I am sincere of being your friend,” he showed his puppy eyes.

Somehow Jessica was touched by him because no one ever paid so much attention and put in so much effort on her since every guy will be either scared off or avoid her by her icy glare and attitude. She must admit that Changmin was something.

“Why are you so persistent of becoming my friend? I don’t have a curvy body or alluring look,” she said sarcastically, indirectly referring him a playboy who used to have all those y ladies around him.

“There is something attracting about you and you made me go crazy thinking of you now and then,” he confessed, maintaining his coolness still.

“I am flattered by your little sweet talks but I am sorry, I have a boyfriend whom I love very much,” Jessica informed.

“What?!” he nearly shouted.

“You are kidding aren’t you? You think by saying that I will give up because I won’t,” he smiled.

“It’s up to you then,” she pursed her lips.

Changmin continued to follow her and Jessica did not bother and was too tired of telling him off so she let him be. Suddenly, Jessica stopped in her tracks when she saw a familiar figure and decided to inch her steps closer.

“Jiyong Oppa?!” Jessica soft, delicate yet teary voice called. Her jaw dropped when she witnessed her boyfriend who is supposed to be in states kissing fiercely with a blonde hair girl.

Jiyong immediately pulled apart their kisses and looked at Jessica surprisingly but not too surprise. “Jessie?”

“Who is she baby?” the blonde girl asked.

“She… is my childhood friend,” he stuttered guiltily.

“Nice to meet you, I am Dara, his girlfriend,” she looked fondly at Jiyong who was already flustering.

“Childhood friend. I am just your childhood friend,” she remarked sarcastically and gave him one tight slapped on his cheek.

Jiyong was humiliated by Jessica and out of anger, he raised his palm and was about to slap her back but was stopped by Changmin. “Keep your hand off her; a real man shouldn’t act in this way.” Jessica looked at Changmin and touched once again by him.

“Who are you!” Jiyong questioned.

“I’m her boyfriend,” Changmin replied. “Please look after your childish boyfriend,” his statement made Dara stood there clueless.

Changmin then grabbed Jessica hand and walked away from the scene. His heart felt warmth and same goes for Jessica when they clasped their hand. Unknowingly, they walked to a quiet place and sat on the bench.

“Are you ok? Who is he?” Changmin asked, worried upon seeing her exceptionally quiet and her pair of reddened eyes.

“He’s my boyfriend. Correction, now an ex-boyfriend,” she replied calmly.

Changmin knew she was trying to put up a strong front, “Cry it out, you will feel much better. Trust me, and my shoulders are ready and here for you.”

Jessica, whom no longer able to hold back her tears, leaned her head onto his shoulder and cried for god know how long. She was so hurt that her childhood sweetheart boyfriend cheated on her. She used his sleeve to wipe her mucus and then cried again.

Changmin decided to stay put on his spot and let her cry because he at consoling. He felt his heart being prickled by needles when he saw her cry.

“Thank you so much,” Jessica whispered, still leaning comfortably on his shoulder and finally not shedding anymore tears.  

“You are welcome. Feeling better?” he asked.

“Yes, better,” she titled her head and gave a dazzling smile at him. That smile melted Changmin heart. She appreciated for what he did so she guessed that he was not bad after all. “I would like you to be my friend.”

Changmin couldn’t hide his happiness, jumped up from the bench and looked at her, “Serious?”

“Yes I am being very serious right now,” she said grimly and then laughed.

“Yes! Jessica had agreed to be my friend!” he throws a fist to the air and exclaimed loudly.

“Are you so happy that I said a yes?” she was amused.

“Yes! I never felt so happy before and who knows we could become a lover next” he admitted shyly and slowly he forgotten about his bet with his mates. Now, he is sincere to be her friend and if he could do anything to make her his, he will definitely do but now was not the right time since she just had a breakup.

~~~

The friendship between Jessica and Changmin blossom and in the next seconds, the whole school knew about it. They assumed that the two are together based on their recent closeness in school and they made no effort in explaining. The boys are jealous of Changmin who managed to melt their ice princess heart while the girls are jealous of Jessica who had made their ideal man list down to 4 men. Changmin decided to break off the deal he made with the guys because he does not want Jessica know about it and the guys agreed to keep it a secret since they are glad that their maknae had find someone he fancy.

“Oppa, I know that you are not serious in her. I thought she was just a challenge to you? I thought you made a deal with them?” a red hair girl purposely raised her voice and smriked when she saw the approaching Jessica and Tiffany.

“Sica!” Tiffany shouted over Jessica. They had overheard their conversation. Before Changmin can reply, he heard Tiffany screaming Jessica name. He jerked his head back and saw Tiffany glaring at him.

“! Had she heard anything? Damn Damn Damn!” he panicked.

“Where is Jessica?” he asked frantically.

“She ran off when we overheard the conversation.”

“God!” and when he was about to chase after Jessica, he was hold by Tiffany.

“Tell me that this wasn’t true at all if not I won’t let you where she is.”

“It was at first but not anymore!” he nervously answered, “Please tell me where is she. I need to explain to her.”

“She is at ____, please don’t hurt her,” she released his hand and looked earnestly at him.

“Thanks, I swear.”

At _____, he could hear soft muffled sounds. He quickened his steps and found Jessica hugging her knee crying softly. His heart breaks when he knew he was the one who hurt her. He moved closely to her and hugged her.

“I am sorry Jessica.” Jessica aware that the warm built arm belongs to Changmin, she loved the way he hugged her.

Jessica hastily rubbed her eyes and muttered, “Is it true that I was just bait to your bet?”

“It was at first because I see you as challenge but then when I spoke to you and how you rejected me, I am really upset. Trust me, I had never felt so dejected before but you made me feel it. I cannot lie to myself anymore,” he stopped and cupped Jessica face lovingly before he continued; “I don’t want to be just a friend. I want to be your boyfriend, the one who can protect you and showered you with many love and care. I had never felt so strongly for a girl before, you are the first and the last.”

“Jessica Jung, I love you!” after his brave confession, he placed his lip on her forehead and made its way down to her lip. She was surprised by his heartfelt confession and she felt the same as he did. This man in front of her made her feel loved and she forgave him.

“Oppa, I love you too,” she admitted shyly, breaking their kisses before claiming his lip again. 

***

Yay, finally completed this chapter in few hours. Sorry for wasting tme to read this extreme long chapter and I am displeased with the interaction plot between Changsica :( I think this chapter is poorly written :(

But still, I hope you enjoy a rare jessica shipping and I promise I will write other pairings of Jessica :)

Comment & tell me how you find this chapter. Wink*