Not that I wanted (III) - KaiSica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

The following day, Jessica found herself in somewhere familiar but unable to make up where exactly it is. She got up of the bed and followed the aroma to downstairs where she finds Suho delivering the plates of food to the dining table. He noticed her and smiled, “Morning Sica, breakfast is ready.”

Her stomach growled and flashed a quick smile back at him. She settled herself comfortably at the dining area and waited for Suho to bring in more plates of food. Suddenly, she felt like she was famished as she gobbled the food so quickly. Suho could only chuckled at her for being so cute and yet at the same time, he was quite relieved that she seemed okay.

He remembered that she was crying her heart out last night and then soon after, she fell asleep on his shoulder and everyone knows how difficult it was to wake the sleeping beauty up. Hence, he brought her home as he doesn’t want to disturb her members.

“So…” he started hesitating if he should continue.

She knew what he is going to ask.  “Oppa, I am fine, really fine. I will move on,” more like to telling herself. She knew it’s not gonna be easy to forget him especially since they are under same label and it will inevitable to bump onto each other. But she is going to try, if she can forget about her ex-boyfriend, Donghae, she can forget about Kai as well. However, said is easier than action. Her heart still beats for Kai unknowingly.

“I’m glad to hear it. You know no matter what happens, I am always right beside you,” he grabbed her wrist and sincerely said with his eyes fixed on her.

“Omo, your face is still bruised. I will go get the medication kit,” she stood up and rushed to the kitchen drawer and pulled out the kit.

She pulled him along to the sofa and began attending to his bruise. She did not realize until now how hard Kai had thrown a punch back to Suho. She applied the cream onto her fingertip and then applied to his bruise as gently as she could.

“It must be hurt so much,” she mumbled, looking straight at him and their eyes locked at that very instance.Suho heart was pounding against his chest and suddenly had this uncontrollable urge to kiss her. He slowly inches his face towards her and she closes her eyes, nervously biting her lip.

And puck, their lips met. Suho took a bolder step next which his tongue tried to make its way inside. Jessica quickly opened her eyes and pushed him away. “I’m sorry,” she apologized and turned away.

What had she just done? Did she really react to his unexpecting kiss? She was just someone who just being betrayed and dumped by her ex-boyfriend and now she was kissing someone who was dear to her. She felt like as if she had betrayed Kai.

Suho made his way to her front and apologized to her, “I’m sorry Jess. Forgive me, I shouldn’t take advantage of you,” He wants to hit himself.

“I understand,” she looked down, embarrassed.

She felt her heart skipped a beat when she heard him said next, “Jessica, you truly knows how much I love you. I have always loved you. I thought that you will be happy with Kai but I’m wrong, if only I know that you will get a broken heart today, I swear I will pursue you and fight for your love. I am sorry that I stole a kiss from you and that you are now heartbroken but I really wish that we could be together.”

He was so sincere and she knew how much he loves her. “Oppa, sorry I need time alone to think. I was being dumped last night and now you confess your love to me, I just couldn’t think right and I don’t think I am ready yet for next relationship.” She was confused, her heart was still occupied with Kai and now it seemed like a little part of her is accepting Suho.

“I understand Jess, I hope that we could still be close friend even after I confessed to you and even if you won’t accept me,” he stated. She just smiled at him and they both know very well that it’s not going to be the same anymore.

***

“Hyung,” Kai called.

Suho glared at him and ignored him. He is still angry at Kai for hurting his girl. He walked away but stopped, “How’s she?” he heard Kai asked in almost inaudible voice.

Suho snickered, “Do you even care?” and then walked away. Kai was speechless and hung his head low. It was his entire fault. He just wants to know if she is okay, how she is doing now, he dare not approach her and of course, he didn’t even get any chance to catch a quick glimpse at her. He was in a difficult spot, s despise him and only a few supported him are the ones who know exactly the reason why Kai had done it.

Kai then walked to their favorite spot and halted his step and hide himself. His heart was beating crazily. He realized how frail she had become and how she stood there spacing out. He misses her so much and how he wanted to go over and back hug her but he was a coward, he dare not approach her. He could only silently watch her from a far. Now he truly understand the meaning of ‘so near yet so far’

Jessica stood in front of the vending machine and memories began to fill her, how she and Kai always enjoyed their little date during their free time with a cup of hot coffee. Suho smiled when he noticed Jessica standing at the vending machine spacing out. He approached her and pressed on her favorite coffee.

She was out of trance and smile faintly at Suho, still feeling a little awkward. “Thanks Oppa, I should get going for my practice.”

“Sica, please don’t avoid me,” he grabbed her wrist stopping her. He can sense it from earlier this morning; he saw Jessica quickly changes her walking direction when she saw Suho.

“Oppa, please don’t think that way. I am not avoiding you,” she smiled and assured him.

“If so, how about dinner tonight?” he asked with a hopeful heart.

“I…” she tried to come up an excuse but can’t think of any.

“If you reject me, it will only means that you are really avoiding me,” he said sadly.

“Let’s have dinner together,” she sweetly smiled, she cannot bear to see him hurt. Seeing him grinning happily makes her heart feel at ease and warmth. But what she didn’t know that Kai heart broke into pieces behind.

Kai was feeling so angry at himself for not man enough to fight for his love. He remembered Suho told him in serious tone that he will make Jessica his and to bring her happiness. And now Suho had really made his move, he could do nothing but to only cry his bleeding heart.

Jessica did not realize that Kai was following her. She was just lost in her own little world, the world that she and Kai used to be. They had basically create memories at every spot of SM building so whenever she past by it, Kai will flash in her mind. Kai can feel it, the sad aura around her.

“Krys, can you come over for awhile?” Jessica called her sister as she sat down at a corner while Kai continued to hide behind the wall but able to hear her.

Very soon, Krystal came and she hugged her sister. Krystal looked at her worriedly, “Unnie, what happened?”

Jessica said nothing but lean on her sister shoulder and cried. Kai felt his heart being twisted hearing her miserable sobs. Krystal grew flustered and quickly patted her back, comforting her. “Unnie, hush hush…”

“Krys, I miss him so much and it really hurts so much, my heart is so hurt,” Jessica let out her emotions. She had tried to put up a façade assuring her loved ones that she is strong and she will overcome it but the truth is that she is unable to do it. Kai was her one true love and she loves him so much. It is not that easy to forget about him.

“I love him. And I not good enough for him? Did he not put in real feeling in our relationship? I thought he loves me and he would be the man I will be walking down the aisle with but…” Jessica choked sadly, her eyes are puffy.

“I love you Jess, I really love you and I still do but I have my reasons,” Kai cried softly. His tears rolled down hearing her heartfelt words and at that moment he felt like he was one big jerk in the world for hurting the woman he love but he was left with no choice. He thought that by sacrificing himself would ensure that Jessica is happy. But he was so wrong. His decision had made himself and Jessica hurt in the end.

Kai felt a tap at his shoulder and he turned back, surprised to see Suzy. “What – are you doing here?” he stuttered.

“I’ve heard and see everything,” her face was expressionless. She went down to find Kai but to see him following Jessica, so out of curiosity, she followed them behind. She knew there must be something between them and she needs to find out.

And Suzy was right, Kai and Jessica was a couple before. “I…” he began and paused for he doesn’t know what to say next.

“Tell her the truth. Tell her that you still love her,” she urged him. That was not what he expected at all.

“But… why…” he asked.

“I will call off this engagement,” she replied.

“It’s too late, she will never forgive me,” he told her sadly.

Suzy rolled her eyes and pulled him out to Jessica. Jessica was surprised to see Kai and Suzy standing in front of her. Her heart felt a pinch seeing them holding hand. She bites her lip and turned away with Krystal who glared at them.

Kai looked down and Suzy called, “Wait Jessica shi!”

Kai was dragged along with her.  “Go on tell her the truth.”

Both Kai and Jessica stared at Suzy. What truth?

“Ok Jessica shi, as you know that we are engaged…” before she could continue, she was being cut off by Jessica.

“I know. Congratulation to both of you. I wish you guys a blissful marriage,” Jessica said.

“We will not be marrying,” Kai finally spoke.

Finally, he decided not be a coward. “I love you Jess, I know I am wrong for hurting you before but believe me that’s because I have my reason.”

He held her hand and she gazed at him. “What reason?”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being a coward. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for lying to you and everything. But believe me, you are the only one that I love. I’m sorry because my parents had threatened me that if I don’t agree to the marriage, they will do everything to bring you down and that includes your dream to sing. I cannot risk it, I cannot allow them to do such thing to you,” Kai finally told her the truth.

She stared at him and she knows that he was not lying. She felt for him for she knows that he must be under pressure. His love for her was beyond words. Now she understands that he loves her so much. He examined her reaction although he did not know how she will react. Maybe he expects her to just walk away then maybe it was really the end between them but instead, she smiles and caressed his face. “Silly boy.”

She threw her arms over him and hugged him. He hugged her back. “You are not mad at me?” he whispered timidly.

“I am but not anymore. But promise me, no matter what happens, don’t leave me.”

He kissed her on her cheek. “I promise.”

He and her are happy but the one who witnessed everything left with a broken heart. Maybe he and her wasn’t fated.

“I wish you two the best. Kai better not let her down anymore,” Suho muttered. 

***

I know that the ending is meh~ lol