Two is better than one (I)- Jisica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

“Oppa, where is he?” Jessica barged into Big Bang dormitory.

“Sica, you are finally here,” Top was happy and relieved to see her. He pulled her into his embrace and gave each other a brief hug.

“Sica.”

“Sica Noona.” Slowly, all big bang members except him gathered in the living room. Worried yet relieved faces were expressed.

“Sica, he locked himself in the room for 2 whole days,” Taeyang told.

“Ya Noona, no matter how we persuade him he just wouldn’t open that freak door. We are so worried because he have not eaten or drink. I am so glad you are here. Please help us,” Seungri added.

“It’s all that bi**h fault!” Daesung remarked angrily.

“I will try my best.” Jessica assured them. Her best friend childhood friend had just being two timed by Kiko. She was glad that they broke up because she knew that Kiko is a playgirl and not worthy for him but Jiyong was blinded by love. However, she did not expect that their broke up had caused so much misery to Jiyong. She was upset with herself for not being able to be with him the very minute of the news because she only gets to know it until Top suddenly called her last night. She had been very busy lately because of the hectic schedules she had.

 “Thanks Sica, it must be very tiring for you to rush down straight after your flight. I feel bad about it,” Top appreciated Sica effort. It was true that Jessica immediately rushed down to Big Bang dorm once she landed Korea. She just threw her luggage to her sister, Krystal and left the airport in rush leaving the clueless Krystal behind whining.

“He’s my close Oppa, someone whom I care. How can I not be here with him when I know that he needed me though I am not sure if he really needs me now,” she sighed softly and walked to Jiyong room, feeling slightly disappointed that he did not pick up her spam calls and texts. He had made her so worried.

“Jiyong Oppa, it’s me Jessica. Open the door please!” she banged the door instead of knocking. No response from inside after several minutes. She continued to bang the door and shouted angrily, “Kwon Jiyong! Open the door! I know you are inside and you can hear me!”

“Sica, we had tried but no use,” Top informed her, he was shocked to see her behaving like this.

“Don’t tell me hyung did something foolish?” Seungri immediately regretted his words when all his hyungs and Jessica gave him a dead glare.

No x3 Jiyong Oppa will not do such thing, she calms herself but then tears were already b on her lids when she pictured and imagined what if he really did?

“Oppa, keys!” she demanded from them.

“Damn! Why hadn’t I thought of it?” Top muttered angrily to himself. The guys dispersed to search high and low for the keys.

“Sica, the keys,” Taeyang handed the bunch of keys to her.

Jessica fumbled the bunch of keys and tried inserting it and managed to click opened the door after several attempts. Jiyong room was pitching dark because the curtains were not drawn. Not only that, his room was in a mess and strong stench of alcohol filled the whole room which made them to press their nose. There were many cans of alcohol on the floor that explain the smell.

Since when he came out of his room and get those drinks? All guys were puzzled.

Jessica stumbled her ways through the scattered cans to Jiyong who was lying on the wooden floor lifelessly. She lifted his neck and rested it on her lap. He was motionless but at least he showed slow breathing sign. “Oppa…” she gently slapped his cheek.

“Hyung,” his brothers called.

“Oppa, wake up. Don’t scare me,” her tears finally rolled down uncontrollably when she saw how fragile and weak he was. She had never seen him in this worse state before and it really frightened her and pained her. She really hates the girl who caused him in this state.

Suddenly, she felt his neck shuffled a bit and he weakly and slowly opened his eyes. She wiped her tears when she heard his soft and weak mumbling, “Kiko…”

Jessica heart broken into pieces after hearing him calling that b***h name and this shows how much he loves her and think of her. “Oppa, it’s me Jessica.”

“Oh… Jessi,” he said before he black out again.

“Oppa!” she shook his body and felt heat dispersing from his body. She let her palm to feel his forehead and realized he was burning hot.

“Pali Oppa, bring him to the hospital. He’s having fever!”

***

The doctor informed them that he is in a stable condition and probably will regain conscious by tomorrow. Also that luckily he was brought in on time if not his health will be in danger. Everyone was relieved and entered the room to check on him. Jessica grabbed hold his icy hand and cried.

“Sica, he’s fine. Don’t worry ok?” Top patted her head and passed her tissue paper.

She nodded, holding tight his hand. Thank god, you are fine if not I don’t know what will happen.

 It was already past midnight, everyone was exhausted and decided to head back home and come back tomorrow since Jiyong will not be awake any sooner.

“Sica, let’s go home now. I will send you home,” Top told.

“Oppa, I would like to stay. You guys just leave first; I will take care of him.”

“But Sica, you need to rest. It was too taxing for you and my heart pain to see you like this,” Top persuaded but was rejected by the persistent and stubborn Jessica. Top had no choice but to stay together with her while the rest went back.

“Here’s coffee,” Top handed her a piping hot coffee.

“Gomawo Oppa,” she placed the cup of coffee on the table and looked dearly at Jiyong. Oppa, wake up soon. I am here.

“Sica, take a short nap first ok? I will keep an eye on him.”

Jessica shook her head and told him that she is not tired. Top sat on the couch behind and watched her. Sica, why are you so stubborn?

Jessica felt her eye lid getting heavier but she tried to resist her eyes from shutting. In the end, she surrendered and dropped her head onto the bed with her hand tightly clasped onto Jiyong. Top removed his coat and covered Jessica back. He lowered his body to take a close look at the girl whom he loves yet she won’t be his at all. She only treated him like an Oppa even though he had confessed to her. Eventually, he had to lie that he loves someone else so that they won’t be awkward with each other.

He gently caressed her perfect smooth jaw line and every touch tingle his heart.  Keeping those feelings for her deep down his heart was tough and after all it was just one sided love in the end. He knows her secret which he was only being told by her that the man who she loves and had her eyes on was Jiyong but his heart belongs to someone else. Top totally feels her because he was in the same situation as her but no anymore since Jiyong is single now.

Slowly, Top drifted to his dream land too. He was jolted up from his deep sleep when he heard Jessica anxiously called out, “Jiyong Oppa, you are awake!”

“Pali Oppa! Please call the doctor to check on Jiyong!” she requested to Top who rubbed his eyes sleepily.

“Jiyong,” Top was relieved and answered, “Ok, I will call the Doctor.”

“Oppa, you feeling better?”

“Jessi, where am I?” he asked weakly.

“Oppa you don’t remember?” Jessica replied.

“No, what?”

“You cooped yourself in your room and you had high fever then you fainted.” Jessica told him.

“Oh…” Just then, the doctor came in and checked Jiyong. He informed that Jiyong is able to discharge in next few hours time. Both Jessica and Top thanked the doctor.

***

“Oppa, careful,” Jessica put Jiyong on bed.

“Jessi, I am fine. Don’t worry,” Jiyong assured her, chuckled at her over protectiveness.

“You are still a patient no matter what until you fully recover,” Jessica said, acted bossy.

“Aigoo, yes madam Jessica,” he laughed softly.

“Good, I will make some porridge for you now,” Jessica smiled. Top stood aside feeling slightly jealous but what can he do. He promise himself to help to match made them together.

After Jessica left the room, Top hit Jiyong arm, “How are you feeling? I mean your heart.”

“My heart still hurt badly,” Jiyong finally confessed which unknowingly overheard by Jessica who actually wanted to ask what porridge he would prefer.

She continued to listen to their conversation though it was rude and wrong. “Believe me, as time pass your heart will eventually heal,” Top said.

“Thanks hyung, I had learnt a lesson and I don’t believe true love exist. One is better than two,” Jiyong forced a smile and assured Top, “I will be fine, don’t worry about it.”

“I believe you will find your true woman of your life soon and who knows she is someone close to you,” Top hinted which made Jessica startled, afraid that Top will leak out her secret.

“Oh Oppa, what porridge would you like?” she gave an awkward smile once she pushed open the door.

“Anything you cook,” Jiyong chuckled.

“Ok,” before she left she gave a meaningful eye contact which has message behind it- Don’t tell!

***

“Oppa you are feeling better already?” Jessica asked when they decided to meet at a park and played swing.

“I am perfectly fine Jessi. Why is everyone asking me the same old question? Maybe I should suggest a press conference and announced to everyone that I, Kwon Jiyong, am fine,” he joked.

“We are just worried but I am glad you are doing fine,” she gave a half hearted smile. “I hope it doesn’t cause a phobia of love on you,” she added jokingly but her heart sank when she heard his reply.

“Actually it did. I don’t think I will ever go into relationship anymore. I prefer one than two. It’s so good to be single actually,” he replied.

“Why? Two is better than one. At least there’s someone who will share your happiness and sadness with,” she encouraged.

“I don’t think I will ever find anyone. I found one but she is also the one who showed me that all these are fake,” he said coolly.

“I am sure there’s someone out there who loves you and willing to share everything with you and not hurting you,” she told and the ‘someone’ she mentioned was actually her.

“Hopefully like what you said is true,” a pleasant smile on his face.

“Yes Oppa, you will definitely find the right one,” she clasped his hand onto her and aid meaningfully.

That moment was the first time that they gazed at one another for brief long minutes. Jessica could felt her heart thump thump thump loudly while Jiyong heart just feel different for the first time. He doesn’t know what feeling is that, it was something new- he can’t figure out. Jessica slowly and bravely inched he face towards Jiyong who seemed to responding and did the same. Their lips were almost touching when Jessica was being pulled up and being slapped in that split second.

“You b***h!” the woman who slapped Jessica scolded.

“What are you doing, Kiko!” Jiyong yelled angrily though he was surprised to see her here and rushed to Jessica and checked on her.

“She stole you from me!” Kiko hissed.

“Jessi, you ok?” he lifted her chin and gasped, “Omo! You are bleeding.”

Jessica eyes were b with tears but she tried her best not to cry and coughed out, “I’m ok.” With that, she ran away. She doesn’t know why but her feet just dragged her out of the most ridiculous accusation.

“Jessi! Wait!” Jiyong tried to chase her but his wrist was being grabbed tightly by Kiki. She used all her force to stop Jiyong.

“What do you want?!” he yelled in frustration.

“I want you,” she said seductively as she pulled him close to her and forces kisses on him.

Jessica stopped on her track when she felt breathless and stole a glance behind her. She witnessed Jiyong and Kiko kissing. Her tears finally rolled down and she felt her heart being pricked. Why should she feel sad and heartbroken? She should be happy for them.

“I thought you chose him?” Jiyong asked sadly, heart softens. Perhaps a little part of his heart, love for Kiko remains.

“I regretted. I should have chosen you,” Kiko replied. “Will you be mine again?

***