Exchange student (II) - LuSica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

One of the weekends, Jessica decided to make a trip down to amusement park with Lu Han after much convincing from him. Is not that she doesn’t want to but she was afraid of taking rides. Upon reaching, there was a bustling crowd as expected.

“Wait for me here, don’t go anywhere” Lu Han instructed her and then he disappeared into the crowds.

“Lu Han!” she shouted over him. She had no idea where he going and what is is he up to. Also, she was worried that he will lose his way but then she could only wait at the same spot for him.

Minutes later, Lu Han reappeared. “For you,” he smiled cutely.

Jessica couldn’t believe that he actually went to buy her favorite candy floss. She was so touched by his sweetness and thoughtfulness. He remembered. She was all in smiles and thanked him. She took some and fed him which was totally unexpected move from her and it surprised him. He never knew that a candy floss taste extreme sweet.

Jessica had further added to his accelerating heart by her another next move. She used her thumb to wipe off the little shreds on his lip. He blushed madly and his heart skipped a bit. She just had done unexpected moves which she herself finds it weird too.

“You are blushing,” Jessica teased.

“Nope,” he denied though he felt his cheek was burning.

 “Shall we go take that ride?” he pointed at the Ferris wheel excitedly, diverting the subject  and grabbed her hand, pulling her along with him. Jessica looked down at their entwined fingers and her heart was beating abnormally. So this is how it feels like while holding a man hand, it was so soft and warm.

Her fingers are so delicate and smooth, he secretly smile with happiness.

It was all too late for Jessica to reject the ride because they are already in the mid air. Jessica was holding her breathe, her eyes were half opened and she was grabbing his wrist tightly.

“The view is so magnificent, don’t you think?” Lu Han asked.

Jessica nodded and forced a smile back at him. At last, the ride had finished. She panted and placed her palm on her heart to steady it. Gosh, it was so thrilling.

“You ok? Your face was pale,” he asked in concern.

“I’m fine,” she lied.

Just then, there was a female voice from a distance away was heard. “Oh God, is it you, Lu Han?” Both Jessica and Lu Han turned and looked at the pretty lady who immediately pounced in and gave him a hug.

After they released their hug, the lady happily said, “I miss you.”

“Yoona?” he was surprised to see her and that’s was his first reaction. Obviously, after next his face was all smiles and then pulled her in for another hug.

Jessica felt a sudden pang of jealousy. The lady named Yoona was definitely a beauty and she has that charisma which attracts men and also her. Compare to her, Jessica felt inferior. She wondered what could be their relationship since they are pretty close. Could she be his girlfriend? But he did not mention that he has a girlfriend, but then she also didn’t ask him too.

“Jess, this is Yoona. And Yoona, she is Jessica, my host,” Lu Han introduced, interrupting Jessica thoughts.

“Annyeong, so you are Jessica. You are so pretty,” Yoona bowed and commented.

“Annyeong. Nice to meet you too and you are pretty as well,” Jessica bowed.

Then, Yoona whispered something to Lu Han ears and he nodded shyly as he took a quick glance at Jessica. They smiled at each other and it further caused jealously within her built up. But wait, why should she be jealous? Could it be?

“Earth to Jess,” Lu Han waved his hand and chuckled.

“Neh?” she blinked her eyes.

“We are going over to that restaurant to grab some bites,” he told her. She followed them behind, deliberating slowly her pace. In front of her, the two acted like a lovebirds and seemed like a love match from heaven. They laughed at anything and Jessica felt left out.

And it seemed to be continued during their meals. The two talked about everything and Jessica was just listening to them and gave an occasional smile ad nod at whatever they are asking. She was so bored that she stirred her cup of latte before she excused herself to the ladies.

“Don’t you think she is jealous?” Yoona asked once Jessica exited.

“Seriously?” Lu Han can’t contain his happiness.

“I caught her staring at you and she was being overly quiet. Beside, always trust a woman sixth instinct,” Yoona smiled confidently.

On the other hand, Jessica splattered her face with fresh cold water. Giving herself soft slaps on her cheek in attempt to knock some sense on her. No doubt, she believed that Yoona must be someone important to Lu Han. She was upset that she received a little attention and was being neglected by Lu Han.

Minutes later, Jessica emerged and grabbed her bag and apologized to them, “Sorry, I got something on. I need to go. Lu Han, you know how to make your way home back right?”, “or maybe you are going over to her house,” she added silently.

“So fast? We haven’t really got to know each other well yet,” Yoona expressed her disappointment.

“Me too, perhaps we could meet up some other day you know,” Jessica suggested though she don’t really want to.

“Sure!”

“I will follow you,” Lu Han stood up.

“There’s no need to. Besides, your girlfriend might not be like it to be left here by you,” she rejected and quickly made her way out of the restaurant.

“Girlfriend?” he puzzled.

“See! I’m right, she assumed we are in a relationship that’s why she was jealous and the reason for her to feel it that way was because she likes you,” Yoona claimed proudly.

“She likes me for real? I hope what you said was true but sorry I need to go first and explain to her,” Lu Han left to search for Jessica.

He tried calling her cell but was switched off. Then, he saw her sitting alone at a secluded bench and approached her. Jessica eyes were widened to see Lu Han sitting next to her.

“Thought you had something on? Why are you sitting here alone?”

“I…” she tried to come up an excuse. “It was cancelled.”

“Why are you here? Don’t you need to accompany your girlfriend?”

“I am here for you and she is not my girlfriend. I have never had one,” he answered.

“Then…”

“She’s my brother girlfriend and happens to be my very best friend too,” so what Yoona had told him earlier was true. “You thought she was my girlfriend and you are jealous, aren’t you?”

“I am not jealous,” she told.

“Yes you are and she told me it was because you like me,” he grinned.

“What?!”

“Just admit that you like me,” he joked.

“I don’t like you,” she poked her tongue out at him and looked away shyly. She likes him that’s for sure if not she won’t be so jealous but she can’t admit it because she don’t know how he felt.

Lu Han made her faced him and then said in a serious tone,” Jess, I have never made a confession before and I don’t know how. No girl had made my heart beats like you do. You are really special and I find those newly developed feelings sweet and blissful. It must be fate that brings us to meet each other and I believed that we both have feelings for each other.”

Jessica was dumbfounded by his little heartfelt confession and was touched. He was indirectly confessing to her, “I… actually… I… also felt the same way as you do. I don’t know when but it just happens. I admit I was jealous just now because I think I like you.”

“I love you Jessica, will you be my girlfriend?” he finally asked. He was over the moon when she admitted she like him.

Jessica nodded shyly and agreed. They leaned in and kissed each other. Don’t be surprise, it was their ever first kisses and they never felt how it was like to be kissed by the one you love and to kiss the person you love.

Months later, their relationship becomes stable and strong. They know they belonged to each other soul mate and spend every minute together knowing that their time being together is limited. And the heartbreaking day had finally arrived when Lu Han had to return back to China as the program ends.  

Jessica hugged him so tightly unwilling to let go. “I am going to miss you so much. Promise to skype and write me letter ok?” she tears and gave him a photo album which filled with many of their moments.

Lu Han gave a peck on her forehead. “I got something to tell you.”

Jessica looked up at him. “I am not leaving. I decided to stay in Korea with you and to pursue our dreams together.”

“Oh my god! Is it true?!” she squealed with happiness.

“Yes baby,” he kissed her. Lu Han had never regretted his decision staying in Korea. Not only that he can pursue his dream but also able to be with the woman he loves. Both of them had never felt so right before. Both of them thanked their school for arranging this program.

***

Hope you like it (: Lusica!

Next up- When pretence becomes real will be featuring top & kris :D

Comment, subscribe & vote? <3