Through the variety (I) - Krissica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

Jessica and Kris are childhood friends and they basically known each other for their lifetime since they are born because of their family close ties. They played together, eat together, attended same school and class since pre-school till even now- University. Their strong and close relationship causes many people to envy and jealous. Kris is her Oppa and they two behaved like siblings. In another words, they are inseparable pairs, there is no way that you don’t see her when you saw him, vice versa.

One fine afternoon, they were strolling happily along the busy Myeongdon street arms linking arms. However, don’t be mistaken they aren’t a couple. A bustling crowd with media setup, a stage, crews and few reporters attracted her attention.

“Oppa, let’s go there,” being as curious as always, she pulled him along with her towards the crowd and then to realize there is a popular variety filming is held. She tiptoed to get a better view and squealed excitedly when she caught a quick glimpse of the MCs’.

“It’s Dong Wook Oppa!” her bright smile hung on her face. Kris then also saw Dong Wook who was reading a script. Dong Wook is their friend who is 2 years older than them. Ever since Dong Wook found his interest in acting, he began to work towards it. But never did Kris know that he become a MC.

“When did he become a MC? Why didn’t he tell us about it?” she pouted cutely. Dong Wook is her idol and she is his number one fan girl.

“Maybe he wants to keep it a secret?” Kris shrugged. “Shall we go? It’s too noisy and crowded here,” he is getting a little annoyed by people around him squeezing him.

“Please Oppa, I want to stay, can we?” she flashed her infamous puppy eyes.

Kris sighed and nodded. “But promise we are staying for awhile ok?”

“Promised!” she agreed and smiled sweetly.

She grabbed his hand and squeezed through the crowd to the front so she can get a closer look. She was getting excited because she had never get to see Dong Wook doing filming in real life. He looked so charismatic and handsomely suited up. She wanted to wave at him but decided not to since he was a great star and everyone eye candy. She wouldn’t want to risk of getting her face printed on any magazine cover or being reported.

“I wondered what they are filming today.”

“Cupid is just next to you,” Kris answered and pointed to the huge banner on the stage upfront them. Jessica chuckled at how she didn’t even notice it and also caused much amusement to Kris as well.

“Annihaeseyo, Dong Wook inmida,” a loud roar sounded when he spoke and when the crowd settles down, he continued, “Wow, I can see many people are here and combated the whole area.” And it caused cheering from his fans.

“I will your host for Cupid is just next to you. We will be hosting a series of challenge for couples and the winner will get the one and only exquisite pair of Tiffany & Co ring. The crowd awed in amazed by the grand prize even Jessica and Kris.

“I want that ring so badly,” Jessica said sadly when the screen flashed the picture of it. Tiffany & Co. is Jessica favorite jewelry label.

“Only 10 pairs of couple can take part of this game and letting everyone to know beforehand, all 10 pairs of couple must be able to fulfill 3 consecutive days of filming and it will be broadcast live,” Dong Wook explained.

“Do you want it?” Kris asked when he heard Jessica mumbling.

She nodded with a pout, “but I can’t have it.”

“Why not?”

“Because I am not eligible to take part.”

“Then let’s participate,” Kris suggested with a grin.

“But we are not even a couple,” she voiced out softly.

“We are,” he winked his killer charming wink and put up his hand and shouted, “We want to take part!” resulting Jessica to flinch back due to shock. She quickly recovered herself and pulled him away but instead, she was being pulled by him up and walked to the stage.

Everyone turned to face them where Jessica face flushed with embarrassment. “Ah such a cute couple,” an elderly couple commented beside them.

“Oppa, everyone is staring at us. Stop it please and let’s go now,” she lowered her head and tugged his shirt. But it was too late because they are already on the stage. Dong Wook mouth was hung open, surprised to see them but managed to remain calm and professional.

“Such an enthusiastic young couple. Let’s have brave couples to join us, don’t be shy,” Dong Wook commented.

“I will win the pair of ring for you, so we need to pretend that we are a couple” Kris whispered confidently to her ears and her heart skipped a beat.

She looked at him with questioning eyes but he quickly avoided it. She knows that Kris is a quiet and camera shy man and it was so unlike him. Kris knows what she wants to ask but even if she asks, he wouldn’t know what to answer her too.

Jessica eyes met with Dong Wook and she gave an awkward smile at him and mouthed, “Annyeong.” How is she going to explain to Dong Wook what’s going on now?

Every pair had done their introduction and lastly, everyone eyes fall on Kris and Jessica whose turn to intro themselves now. Jessica was so nervous and stuttered while she was doing her brief and quick introduction. Kris, however seemed to be comfortable while introducing himself.

“So tell us a little bit more on how long have you guys been together,” Dong Wook asked what he wanted to ask just now.

Jessica quickly glanced at Kris and nudged him wanting him to answer. “We just got together not long,” he replied with a smile.

“Really?” Dong Wook asked with his pair of puzzled stare. “So what would you like us to call you guys?”

“KRISSICA.”

***

Part 2 will come soon (; In the meanwhile enjoy part 1 first.... ^.^ 

Krissica for everyone.....