Breaking the wrong heart (II) - Chensica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

“Jessica!” a small smirk formed on her face. She saw a smiling and oh so handsome Chen walking towards her direction. He seemed pretty happy to see her again.

“Hey Chen, what a small world,” she tried to sound surprised but she wasn’t one bit of surprise to see him since everything was all already planned by her, thanks to Tiffany.

She really owes Tiffany one for telling her that Chen will grab a coffee at this coffee house every morning. But that’s the only information she had about Chen because they wouldn’t want Suho to get suspicious if she kept on asking about Chen. However, that information is already good enough for her to create another opportunity for them to meet again.

A wide, gleeful smile formed on his face, “Hey… May I?” he asked upon seeing an empty seat across her.

“Sure,” she smiled as she gestured him to sit.

“I didn’t expect to see you here, you like the coffee here too?” he sat down.

“My friend just introduced me to this coffee house and I thought why not,” she lied. “The coffee is kind of good,” she had her trademark sweet smile plastered on her face.

He nodded with agreement. “So last night, I couldn’t find you after when I sing,” remembering he tried to search for Jessica after a crowd of fan girls surrounded him.

“I left,” she sipped her coffee. She felt a tinge of happiness that he actually was looking for her. But what she was unsure if that happiness was genuinely happy or that she was happy because her plan is working.

“You left without saying good bye,” he said softly as he held his gaze at her.  

“I wanted to but my friend got so drunk, I had to send her back,” she explained, feeling an unexplainable guilt. “Besides, you are busy with your girls,” she shrugged her shoulder with a smile.

He just laughed. “Well, you can’t blame me for being so attractive and charismatic. I can’t help for those girls who bugged around me.”

Jessica rolled her eyes secretly and thought to herself, so full of yourself.

She just faked a smile. “Anyway, you sing rather good last night. It’s very emotional. Did you ever lose someone you love because the way you put your soul in it is like telling that?”

“I would take that as a compliment, thanks,” Chen eyes formed into crescent shape as he smiled but he avoided the question. Jessica knows that he was avoiding but decided not to probe further.

Then, they enjoyed their coffee in comfortable silence. Very soon later, the two began their conversation and they both found out that they both share the same interest in singing. They discussed about music and the singers they admire.

“Are you free after this?” he finally asked. Jessica heart did a somersault inside. The playboy is making his move.

“Umm… I’m sorry but I got things to attend,” Jessica pouted. Actually she was very free for the rest of the day but she doesn’t want to appear as an easy target for him. Moreover, her approach for the playboy was to play hard to get which is the only way that would make him arouse more interest in her.

“That’s fine, by the way can I have your number?” he shyly requested.

She hid a smug smile, “Sure, give me your phone number,” as she took her phone out.

She punched in the numbers he told her and press the call button, his phone ring and she smiled, and “there you go.”

It made Chen chuckled because he thought, not only that she is cute but she is also very cool. “See you then,” she stood up and waved her phone at him with a mesmerizing smile. A satisfied triumph smile was formed on her face. “I gotcha.”

Once she left, she received a message from Chen. Jessica-shi, it was nice meeting you again. Let me know when you are free so we can discuss about music at my studio someday. *wink* She happily dropped her phone back to her bag without replying back.

***

Few days back, Jessica and Chen began texting and whenever Chen asked when is she free, she would make up excuses. But finally she decided to meet Chen, she was afraid that he would lose interest in her if she kept on playing hard to get.

As said, she went to his studio and was amazed by how huge it was with many different musical instruments inside. She quickly went to the piano and started playing with it with a smile. Chen chuckled at how cute she was, behaving like a little kid attending music classes. Chen took this opportunity to examine her, she was really pretty and he wouldn’t deny it. She has this enticing smile which never fails to make him smile as well. He really like her personalities, cheerful, outgoing and open minded.

Jessica suddenly stopped playing as she felt his stare bored on her. “Sorry, I couldn’t stop myself from playing whenever I see a piano,” she stood up.

“You played beautifully,” he complimented.

“Don’t joke around,” she leisurely waved her hand, feeling her cheek warmth.

“I’m serious…” he gazed at her making her looked away.

“Anyway, do you know how to play this piece?” Jessica asked as she flipped the music sheet and found a song that she really love but required two people to play it.

He nodded and sat just next to her. They began playing harmony and enjoyed the piece very much; they would also occasionally turn their head, meeting each other eyes and smiled. Jessica heart skipped a beat unknowingly. They really have a good rapport.

As the day passes, the more time she spent with him, the more she felt that he wasn’t like what Krystal had described as, he doesn’t make her feel like he was a playboy. They are again gathered in his studio and they called in delivery. They have grown very close to each other over short period of time, maybe they shared a common interest and that music binds them together.

“Sica!” Chen playfully tapped her cheek with custard when she turned.

She shrieked and pouted, chasing after Chen. Chen finally stopped running and she bumped on him hard, the next thing they knew they are on the ground, laughing.

“Look what you have done,” she pouted. He loves when she is mad because when she is mad, she will pout and looked adorable.

He leaned in and did something unexpectedly; he gently kissed her cheek, wiping the custard with his lip. She was stunned and her heart was accelerating. She was so afraid that he could hear how loud her heart was pounding. She quickly moved her chin and who knows that Chen managed to capture her lip at last.

They softly kiss each other in momentum. Chen couldn’t be more than happier that she responded to his unexpected action. They parted at last, with both of them blushing madly. It was a sweet innocent kiss, no lust in it and they must admit that they both like it. 

***

There will final part for this, so bear with me.

After this, I will write a haesica shot since many had requested and I miss haesica too :)

Enjoy reading <3