Because love can (II) - Susica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

Two months later

“Suho,” a sweet delicate voice called for his attention from behind.

His face lit up a boyish smile before he turned back and saw Jessica hand was carrying a few thick books.

He quickly rose up from his seat and offered his help to carry those books. It was heavy for a petite size like her and he felt a gush of guilt.

“Why didn’t you call me to help you with these books?” he asked as he placed the books on their table.

“I didn’t want trouble you and besides it is just a short walk from the hall,” she smiled and squeezed her small muscle to show him. They both broke into hearty laughs until Jessica covered with both of her hands, “Oops! Shh! We are in the library.”

Suho stopped immediately and looked around. The library was empty except the two of them because it was a Friday late evening and most of the students are either home or partying. Both he and Jessica are assigned together for a last minute project and they need to submit it by next week, so they decided to stay back and worked on their project together.

Without further delay, they started on their assignment. The books are all spread around the table, they cross reference the books and they excelled in it with each other co operation and knowledge. In fact, they work really well together as a team.

“Ah, it’s so cold,” Jessica remarked softly as she rubbed against her hand.

Suho took off his jacket and covered her. She was startled at first but smiled and thanked him. “Don’t you feel cold?”

He shook his head although he felt a bit of coldness indeed.

Suho quietly observed and studied Jessica who sat beside him. She looked mesmerizing when she is so hardworking and serious with the things she do. He remembered vividly how their friendship was formed because of her kindness, friendliness and outgoing personality. It was her who initiated the conversation with him and showed him around the school, and eats together with him during lunch on his first day of school. He had never thought he would have any friends in school but she proved him wrong.

He knew about her background and even about her father and he felt inferior. Also, people started talking behind his back, accusing him of having motives for being close to Jessica. The rumors and gossips stopped when Jessica told them off and defended him. This was when he had his admiration for her.

“Is there anything wrong with my face?” she felt her cheek heated when she noticed Suho had been staring at her.

“Uh-,” he looked away instantly and his heart beats. “Nothing,” he knows that he shouldn’t have developed any slight feelings for her because she is out of his league. But he already had fallen for her, against his heart.

They continued with their research until the lights of the library was switched off. She let out her signature dolphin shriek and her body shifted closed to Suho with her head buried on his chest. Sweat beads was formed on her forehead and she started to panic.

“Ottokhae!” she cried and flustered.

Suho wrapped her body tight and felt her trembling. “Relax Jessica, it must be a short circuit,” he patted her and remained as composure under this situation. The place was pitching dark and she was crying.

“Are you afraid of the dark?” he asked and he felt her head nodded against his chest.

“I will go check outside,” he said.

“Don’t! Please don’t leave me alone,” she cried and cuddled him even tighter.

He felt his heart beat pounding against his chest and he was so afraid that Jessica could hear it. He comforted her and assured that everything will be fine. “Don’t be scared, I am just right here.” His voice somehow helps to ease her fear a little as she listened to his heart beating.

He fished out his phone from his pocket to only realize the battery was flat. Aish!

“Jessica, where’s your phone?” her eyes remained shut as her hand wandered around the table for her phone and she passed it to him.

When he’s about to call for help, the lights in the library was back. He heaved a sigh of relief, “Jessica, look, the circuit is back.”

She slowly released her grip and titled her head up. She wiped her tears and looked away. She is so embarrassed right now. She just showed her worse in front of the guy she adore. Yes right, she likes him from the first day they met. It was strange but amazing that she actually fallen into the category of love in first sight.

“You alright?” Suho was concerned as he made her face him.

She covered her face refusing to show him how she looks for she knows it looks hideous when she cried. He removed her face away and wiped her stained tears with his thumb. The mere touch caused their heart to electrify.

“Don’t looked at me, I look hideous,” she told him with her eyes remained tightly shut.

“Opened your eyes and looked at me,” he said.

She finds herself listening to his request and opened her eyes. She caught him staring intently at her. Her heart skipped a beat.

“You don’t look hideous. In my eyes, be it you cry or smile, you are beautiful still,” heartfelt words escaped from his mouth and he blushed.

His words managed to bring a smile on her face. He hesitated awhile before he bravely claimed her lip. He just wanted to let her know how he felt for her and actions speak louder than words.

“I may be out of your league which I agreed. I never thought of wanting to fall for you but I did, because loves can make me forget that we are in different complete background because I love you,” he confessed. “I promise I will study even harder and work harder to prove myself to be worthy for you.”

A tear drop rolled down from the edge of her eyes. It was an unexpected confession from him but she loves how confident he is. Her response to his confession was to kiss him back.

Suho was smart enough to know what she means and he is over the moon.

***

Sorry for the rushed ending and I know it might not be the best ending but I tried best because of time constraint. :(