Photographs of you (II) - Haesica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

“Are all these photos taken by you?” Jessica asks immediately. She realizes that the supposed empty walls are all filled up with photo frames artistry. The frames vary from small, medium and large and people from children to elderly. She can recognize a few top celebrities and models from it.  

“Yupps, I took all these pictures,” he nods proudly.

As she is scanning all the photos, her face lit up a smile unknowingly upon seeing all the genuine and comfortable smiles in the photos. Her smile is just so sweet and mesmerizing that he cannot resist himself and quickly take the camera behind him and steal a shot of her. When she smiles, she looks like a young carefree girl. He then swiftly places back the camera on the table behind him and acts like nothing happens.

“What are you doing?” she questions when she feels like something is not right.

“Uh- nothing,” he fluster. “How do you think about all these photos?” he successfully changes the topic.

“Well, it is pretty well taken,” she compliments.

He gives a boyish smile and then asks, “So do you want coffee, tea or me…” the last word is come out barely softly audible.

“Tea please,” luckily she doesn’t hear it.

He sighs a relief and embarrassingly stutters, “Please make yourself comfortable. I will be right back.”

As he is heading towards the pantry, he momentarily hit himself on head as he recalls earlier. “Lee Donghae, why is your mouth so misbehaving today?”

Jessica really makes herself comfortable as she takes a little tour around his office. It is surprising to her that despite the place is so huge, there are only 4 rooms, a reception counter, long deep burgundy leather, and a few flower pots and not to mention very classy glass cabinets which are fully occupies with variety of cameras and photo albums.

She feels attracted by a cabinet which displays types of camera inside. She always has an interest in cameras although she doesn’t own as much as his. She is amaze that for a man like him would actually develop an interest in cameras. She glances through the entire ancient to modern cameras and something caught her eyes instantly. It is the exact camera that she dreams to be its owner. There is only five of it in the world so it is very rare. She seen it online before and she wanted to buy it but the bidding is too competitive and she eventually lose it.

She never ever thought that she would actually see it in front of her. And to think that, Donghae is one of the lucky rich man who won the bid. Damn, he is damn rich. Just then, Donghae appears next to her, “Your tea.”

“Thanks,” she accepts and takes a sip. Her eyes never leave the camera she has been aiming at.

“What are you looking at?” he lengthens his neck and directs his eyes to where she is staring. Their faces are almost touching. When Jessica tilts her head to her right, Donghae does the same except that he tilts his head to his left. You can imagine how close their faces are and they can feel each other heavy breathing as they gaze directly at one another.

The air condition room slowly becomes an oven, chasing away the coldness and engulf with heat emitting from them. She bites her lip nervously and lifts up her head, hitting his.

“Ouch,” he rubs his forehead.

“Sorry, does it hurts?” she gently caresses him.

“No, it’s not hurt,” he assures, smiling. Who knows that a simple touch from her can cause his stomach curling inside?

“Oh!” she exclaims and continues, “How much does it costs you to win the bid for that camera,” she points to him, trying to be as calm and normal as it is.

“This?” he opens the cabinet and takes the one she points.

She nods. “About 5000 Euros.”

Her jaw drops and gives him that are you serious look. “Woah, you spend so much on it. 5000 Euros is the highest bid.”

“How do you know?” he is curious.

“This camera only comes in 5 pieces and it is so rare. I try to place my bid but halfway through I give up because I know that I will not win it,” she tells.

“You have interest in cameras too?” he asks, giving her an interesting look.

She readily nods, “I do own a few too and have a common knowledge of it too. Can I take a look at it?”

Her eyes are shining and he can’t say no to such beautiful sparkling eyes. “This is my favorite.”

“Really? It is my favorite too!”

“Is it working?” she asks, getting excited.

He takes from her and helps her to open, “You may try.”

“Hey look here,” she says and he looks at her. Then, she quickly snaps a shot of Donghae wearing a funny expression. “Yah! Why did you take me?”

“Why can’t I when you did? Now we are even,” she says in a playful tone and sticks out her tongue cutely.

Suddenly they look at each other and laughs. Then, they sit down on the sofa, taking sip of the tea and begin their conversation mainly on camera. Surprisingly, the incident earlier seems to erase off from their mind. The two get to know each other better through their discussion of camera. It seems like they share the same interests and they have something in common. Unaware of the time, they chat like as if they are long lost acquaintance. The sky is getting dark and it is until Jessica phone rings and they realize it is evening already.

***

Few days later, Donghae is seen standing outside of a kinder garden school gate with his usual belongings. He is wearing a shades and in comfortable clothes. He presses the bell next to the gate and within seconds, he sees the welcoming Jessica come running to him. He slides his shades up and it lands perfectly on his head. For a moment, Jessica finds him charming and y.

“Morning Donghae,” Jessica greets brightly and her smile never fails to make his heart to skip a beat. She checks her watch, “Wow, you are half an hour early.”

“Thank you so much for coming,” she thanks as she places his item on the table.

“Don’t mention it, besides I can take beautiful shots and displays in my gallery.”

 It was a few days back when they have an impromptu meet up because he actually forgot to pass her the photos she had requested. And Jessica suddenly asks him to be their photographer for 2 days because she wants to handmade a montage for her class who will be graduating in a month time. He agrees immediately without hesitation. She is over the moon and extremely grateful that he insists on doing it free except for a condition that they will have a dinner date.

“You are holding a gallery?” her eyes widen.

He nods and fishes something from his bag. “This is for you,” he hands her the invitation card shyly. “I hope that you will make yourself free on that day.”

“Sure, I will be there,” she is excited.

“Oh ya by the way about the dinner date,” he emphasize the last word. “Shall we make it today?” he smiles charmingly.

She swears her heart is reeling high and stutters, “Ok.”

So Jessica brings Donghae to a little tour around the school and he is being very attentive, listening to her explaining everything, snapping photos and sometimes when she laughs or their eyes met, his heart melts.

He follows her to a classroom of estimate 15 kids who are shouting over their lungs and playing around. However, the noises die down when Jessica steps in the class. Donghae wonders why, is it because to them, Jessica is a very strict and fierce teacher? He hopes not because she is such a lovely lady.

“Attention Class,” a little boy who believed is the class in charge stands up with the rest follows suit and bow. “Good Morning Miss Sica,” a beautiful crystal clear chorus sang.

“Good morning lovelies and this is Mr Donghae,” she speaks in English and gestures her hand to him.

“Good morning Sir,” they greet.

“Good Morning too,” he reply in English. Luckily, he understands and knows how to speak English as well. Jessica stares at him in disbelief. “You speak English too?” and he nods proudly.

“Miss Sica,” a cute little girl raises her hand up.

“Yes Eunhye?” she smiles at her.

“Is he your boyfriend?” she squeals excitedly, looking at Jessica with her pair of big curious eyes.

Jessica is taken aback by her question. “No Eunhye, he is just a normal friend.”

“Why? You two look great together,” she continues and Jessica is speechless.

“Eunhye, I believe one day Miss Sica and I will be more than friends, right Miss Sica?” Donghae winks at her.

He swears he sees a tinge of pink on her cheek and he grins. She purses her lips and changes the topic, “Let’s start our class now,” and she turns to Donghae, “And you may start your assignment now.”

“Yes Miss Sica,” he salutes her, bringing loud laughter including Jessica.

Soon, the class has started. Jessica is seriously doing her job in teaching English. He didn’t know that she speaks English so fluently and is totally mesmerize by her. Then, he realizes that the students respect her and not that they are afraid of her. Everything about her has captured his heart. He didn’t realize that he has been watching her, his eyes on her solely. She smiles angelic at him and his heart flutters.

Jessica is feeling nervous because she can feel that his eyes are boring into her every movement. She tries to keep calm but couldn’t, why is she feeling that way.

 

On the other hand, he is sure for a thing; he is starting to fall for her. 

***

An update on Jessica Birthday!

Let's us all wishes she finds her Mr RIght and all the best for her! <3 Our Ice  Princess 

Let's look forward to part 3 where dinner date and gallery moments happens :D

Once again, 

#HappybirthdayJessica <3 <3