My Mr.Right (I) - Kaisica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

“Son, are you seeing anyone now?” Kai almost choked on his piece of meat when his mother suddenly brought up the question during dinner. 

“No mum, I am too busy for it,” he answered truthfully.

“Well,” he heard his mother soft sigh. “I know that you hold all the responsibility being the chairman ever since your dad passed on but I want my son not to indulge his whole life in work. I want my son to be happy.”

“I am happy, mum,” he insisted as he chewed on his meat.

“No, I don’t feel that you are happy at all. At your age, you should be enjoying life, hanging out with your friends instead of accompanying me for the past years. You had missed out fun at your age,” his mother told.

Kai knew it was all true. He was only 23 years old and he had to manage his father company with zero experience. Many doubt his capabilities at first but he pushed himself to work hard as he shut himself out from the world and in the end, he proved to others he had the capabilities on inheriting his father company. He gained and also he lost.

“Son,” his mother voice brought his senses back.

“Yes mum?”

“Actually I had arranged a meeting for you to meet one of my friends’ daughters this Saturday. I hope you would agree to it. I am not urging you to find a girlfriend, but to get the chance to know her and who knows,” she smiled to herself and continued, “So son?”

“Alright mum,” he said, not really interested at all but he couldn’t reject his mother kind intention. He loves his mother so much, so anything she asked he will agree.

It was Saturday at last, Kai dressed up neatly with a clean white formal short sleeve shirt. “Wow, my son is so charming,” his mother entered his room and exclaimed proudly.

Kai smiled back. When he was about to leave, his mother kissed him on his cheek, “have a nice day, Son.”

On the other hand,

“I can’t believe my mum set me up another meeting,” she whined to her friend over the phone while waiting for someone.

“Who knows he might be your Mr. Right?” her friend replied.

“I don’t know. I am not in a rush to find a boyfriend either. My mum is just so afraid I can’t marry off,” she snickered.

“Not only your mum, I am concerned too. You are just too picky when it comes to finding a boyfriend. There are so many eligible bachelors in the waiting list of yours.”

“Like I said before, I need to find someone who brings a spark in me the moment we meet.”

She heard her friend soft defeat sigh, “I wish this guy brings a spark in you then.”

“Are you Miss Jessica?” she heard an uncertain voice from her side.

“I think he’s here. Got to go,” she whispered through the phone and ended the line.

Jessica turned and titled her head slightly up to the man standing in front of her. Her eyes widened naturally and surprisingly, her heart skipped a beat when they made an eye contact. She made a quick assessment on his well build body; he must be in a good shape behind those clothes. She blushed at the thought of him being .

She stood up and bowed as he returned the bow, “I am Jessica and you must be Kim Jong In,” she extended her hand to his surprise as he accepted it with a smile. Usually, it should be the guy who did it first.

He nodded, “Please call me Kai.”

“Nice name,” she smiled.

Kai was a little nervous, after all this is his first time meeting a girl. He had not done this kind of thing before. To be honest, he had not interacted with any girl for a very long time so he had no experience in it.

“Is this your first time?” she sensed his nervousness.

“Well, yes,” he answered shortly. How cute, she thought.

“How about you?” he returned the question.

“This is my…” she began counting with her finger cutely and then pouted naturally, “I lost count” and she laughed.

“You need to loosen up a little bit, I won’t eat you up,” she chuckled, trying to reduce his tenseness. This is the first time she sees how a man tensed up and thought how cute and difference from all the guys she had met. Mom, I think you had made a right choice this time.  

He laughed at last. Indeed, he had loosened up a bit. They began ordering food and most of the times; it was Jessica whom asked him questions.

After their meal, Kai picked the tab and sent her home. Being a gentleman, he opened the door for her once they are at her house. She smiled and thanked him for the meal and the ride. She really had a good feeling for him but she was unsure if he feels the same as her. She waited but he didn’t make any move, and she really wanted to continue seeing him.

“Give me your phone,” she requested and he passed her his phone and watched her keying numbers onto it and then her cell phone rings.

She had a triumph smile plastered on her face, “Now we got each other number, see you again, Kai.”

He watched her skipping her way into her house and a small smile formed on his face.

Once returned home, his mother was so eager to know everything. “So how did it go?”

“It’s good mum,” he smiled as Jessica image flashed through his mind. “She’s really friendly, outspoken, pretty and interesting.

His mother smiled as she heard his answer. “I’m glad it went well.”

That night, he received a goodnight text from Jessica which unknowingly brings a sweet smile on his face. This is a new feeling for him, and thought there is no harm making a new friend.

While in Jessica bedroom, she tossed and turned around her bed. She couldn’t sleep, all she thinks was Kai. His perfect feature, his well built body, his height, how gentle his voice was, how gentleman he was, how cute and how handsome he is, most importantly, he is the first man of all that managed to electrify her heart.

“You are my Mr. Right.” 

***

TBC. (Ps. I am quite long winded when comes to writing, so bear with me)

xoxo