Be my Barbie, I'm your Ken- Yunsica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

Note: This chapter is extremely long and the events taken place are purely out of imagination. 

 

                                                                                 

 

Jessica was at SM building rooftop alone, this place was the only place that she could be alone and she needs to be alone right now. Her eyes were teary when she remembered something, she wiped off the disobeyed tears and rested her elbow onto the stand and cupped her face, looking at the breathtaking scenery in front of her.

Ah, there she is.  He smiled to himself and approached her with his soften footsteps.

Jessica was lost in her own world that she did not sense anything. Her mind then wandered to the hurtful thoughts which happened a month ago. - “Oppa, let’s break up,” she murmured softly with tears swelling up in her eyes.

His eyes were wide opened and stared at her in disbelief, “Why pretty Sica?”

“Because… I … have no more feelings for you. I just realized that I only see you as a close Oppa and I don’t wish to lie to myself or to you anymore,” she knew that her words are going to hurt him but she couldn’t bear to deceive him.

He took a step back weakly and then kneeled down unexpectedly with tears rolling down his cheek. He doesn’t care if he shed tears or anything. “Please Sica, pretty Sica, and my Sica, don’t do that to me. You know how much I love you. Please take back your words,” he pleaded, sobbing.

“Please Hae, don’t do that. I am sorry,” she quickly kneeled down to meet his height and then his eyes. She was as hurt as him; her heart was in pain and seeing how badly he was hurt by her made her guilty. She cupped his face and planted a long linger peck on his forehead. “I am so sorry Hae, please let me go.”

He pulled her into his embrace and gave a real tight hug and finally agreed reluctantly, “Alright my pretty Sica. I will let you go but remember that I always love you and I will be your always Ken.”

“Thank you Donghae Oppa,” she said sincerely and smiled sadly. Oppa, you are not my ken.

But who knows that within a month Donghae was involved with an actress. It hurts her knowing that he had move on so quickly but what hurts the most was that he told her he will always love her and be her only ken were merely lies. However, she still even mustered a brave front and congratulated him.

Back to present.

As he was nearing her back, he could feel a sad aura dispersing from her. He knew exactly what makes her sad and he wished he could give her a hug and comfort her. Soon later, he rested his arm like she did and looked at the beautiful scenery ahead. It took Jessica few minutes before realizing that there was someone standing next to her.

“Oppa?” she almost shouted in surprise, fancy seeing him in here.

“Yes it’s me, took you long enough to realize,” he chuckled.

“Why are you here? I mean how did you know about this place?” Jessica continued to ask in surprise.

Pabo, that’s because I had been monitoring your move. You will always come here when you feel unhappy. And you always came here when you broke up with Key and Heechul and now Donghae. He wanted to say out but managed not to. “My feet jut brought me here. It’s a nice hideout uh,” he gazed at her and smiled. He then realized there were traces of tear stains on her face.

“Did you just cry? You looked hideous,” he jokingly teased, hoping that she will laugh but instead, he received her trademark glare.

“YUNHO SHI!” she shouted out his name in full and hit his arm. “Can’t you make me happier when you know I cried? You are a bad Oppa,” she pouted.

“Am I? What shall I do to make my Barbie smile?” Yunho leaned his face near her and rapidly blinking his eyes innocently.

“Nothing, you just said I look hideous,” she tried to bit back her laugh when she saw how funny Yunho looked like.

“I am just joking; you are not hideous at all. In fact, you are the most beautiful lady like a Barbie,” he claimed sincerely. She finally smiled, satisfied with his statement.

“Now you are finally smiling. I love your smiles so please continue to smile for me okay?” he flashed his pinky finger to her. Jessica knew that Yunho likes her, not like but love her like what her members claimed. He was a really close Oppa to her; they had known each other since her trainee period. He was a hardworking senior and never fails to give her advice and courage. But she only sees him as an Oppa whom she could laugh and talk her troubles to and she felt comfortable with him.

“Okay,” she smiled genuinely and looped her pinky finger with his.

“That’s my pretty Barbie,” Yunho patted her head. Jessica doesn’t know why he loves to call her Barbie but she thought the only reason was because of her recent solo performance she sang the Barbie song.

“Care to share with me what’s behind your precious tears?” Yunho asked, they are now leaning their back against the wall, seated side by side. And so, Jessica began to share all her troubles with him and Yunho listened attentively and patiently. He secretly wished that Jessica will be with him and he swear he’s not going to hurt her but only brings her happiness and his true love. To be honest, he had fallen in love with her in first sight.

***
Snsd were scheduled to have their Asia tour and Jessica was feeling troubled with her solo performance. She had nobody to be her Ken and sighed softly. All her members are excited except her and she lifelessly plopped onto the sofa and attracted attention from the girls.

“Jess, what’s wrong?” Yuri asked in concern, taking her seat next to her.

“Ottokhae? I have nobody to pair up with in my performance, no one to be my Ken,” Jessica stated with a sigh. Key, Heechul and Donghae were all her Ken once and now she doesn’t know who will be her next Ken or will there be no Ken for her anymore?

Just then, Jessica cell phone rang and not surprised to see it was her manager who called her.

“Jess, I am here to inform you that your solo performance will be held as usual,” her manager informed her.

“But there is no Ken, how am I going to perform it on my own?” Jessica voiced out her worries.

“Don’t worry, I have Ken settled,” her manager told.

“Really? Nugu?” Jessica expressed her happiness.

“Can’t tell you yet, you will know it tomorrow during rehearsal.”

“What did manager called you at this hour?” Taeyeon asked as she munched a bar of chocolate.

“He called to inform me that my solo performance will be carried out and he found ken for me,” Jessica replied.

“That’s great! Who is the Ken?” she asked again.

“He said I will meet him during our rehearsal tomorrow.”

***

The girls began to rehearse their performance like umpteen times as usual. Even they had already mastered and perfected their dance move; they still practice with their best to give their fan an awesome concert. 

Without knowing, there was a man who was watching his girl intensely when she rehearsed and never failed to impress him yet again. He was nervous as well because soon he will go in as her Ken. He wondered what will be her reaction- will it be happy, surprised or disappointed. He specially requested their chairman, Soo Man shi to give him a chance to perform together with Jessica and when was asked if he likes her, he shyly admitted.

This was his only chance to prove to her that he is her destined Ken, he had waited for too long way too long for her to be single again and he vowed that this time he will never let her be with anyone but him.

While the girls having a break, there was a knock from the door and opened to reveal a handsome, respected and their senior, Yunho standing shyly with bags of food in his hand. He smiled at them, though he was close to them, he was still shy in front of nine beautiful ladies.

“Yunho oppa!” the girls greeted enthusiastically, eyes lit up with joy and dashed to him. “Yay! Food! Thank you Oppa!”

“Aigoo the girls,” Jessica shook her head embarrassingly and apologized, “Mainhae Oppa.”

He said nothing but laughed. “Why are you here?” Jessica asked.

“Jess, Yunho will be your Ken,” her manager suddenly announced.

“Chinja?!”

“Yes Barbie, are you disappointed?” he faked a sad face.

“Of course not, I am so glad it was you,” Jessica assured with a smiley face.

“Oppa, you know what? Jessica keep on telling us that she hope that Ken will be you,” Hyoyeon teased and the girls joined in too. They all knew that Yunho like their ice princess and now they are trying to match made them.

“Yah! Oppa, they are just joking,” Jessica quickly denied, heat rose up on her cheek.

However, Yunho was feeling happy inside knowing that Jessica had wished it was him though she denied. “Girls, don’t tease my Barbie,” he pulled Jessica close to him which earned squeals from the girls as Jessica face was already blushing.  Why do I feel like my heart is racing unknowingly?

Soon later, the girls left leaving Yunho and Jessica at the studio. “Are you ready Barbie?”

“Ever ready Ken,” she smiled sweetly at him, feeling excited.

Then, they started to practice a few dance moves and then Jessica teaching Yunho how to pronounce the words correctly. “Come on Barbie, let’s go Barbie,” Yunho trying to pronounce the words perfectly which earned Jessica giggles.

“You are good Oppa,” she showed her thumb up which result more confident boost in Yunho system.

They began to rehearse the full songs and as expected, they did it perfectly with no NGs and sure enough there is a good rapport build between them. Jessica was totally mesmerized by him, she felt comfortable doing skinships with him and not feeling awkward displaying her ultimate cuteness. And same goes for Yunho who is captivated by her cuteness and hard work. They rehearsed twice and decided to call it a day. “Gomawo Oppa.”

“You are welcome, Barbie,” Yunho gave a charming smile despite exhausted.

“Oppa, why did you always call me Barbie?” she finally asked the question she had always wanted to ask him.

“Because…” he stuttered and stopped and gazed deeply into her hazel brown eyes. Man, it’s time to tell her what you feel about her.

“Because?” Jessica imitated his word with her eyes widened. This was her first time gazing right into his crystal clear eyes and could feel the intensity atmosphere building around them.

“Because…” he took a deep breath and continued, “I dream of the day when you will become my only Barbie and I want to be your only Ken. I am jealous and upset that those guys had beaten to me first claiming you as their Barbie. I guess you heard from others or even sensed that I love you and it’s true. I love you when I first met you. Love at first sight I guess?” He smiled and in the meanwhile, he examined her reaction.

Jessica, on the other hand, was touched and do not know what to say to him. Was it his confession of love to me? She only treat him like an extreme close Oppa but could she have already developed feeling for him unknowingly? Can she treat him as her Ken? She kept silence and broke their eye contact, looking down.

“Jessica looked at me,” Yunho lifted her chin and then said seriously meaning his word next, “I know it was so sudden to you when I made a confession earlier. Please don’t feel awkward with me because we still have to perform together on stage. I just want to let you know how I feel. I know that you only see me as an Oppa and you just broke up with Donghae, I am not asking you to agree to be my Barbie but I hope that maybe when the time is right and you feel something more about me, you will agree. No matter how long it takes, I will wait. I had waited for years and I don’t mind waiting for you to agree.” Al last, he had said out everything and was feeling a little upset when she made no response.

But actually, Jessica was listening to his every word attentively. He had been always there for her and she did not know until today that he had love her since. It was heartwarming to know that there was a man who loves her as much as she loves him and a man who willing to wait for her.

“Oppa, thank you for loving me and your confession really touches me. I don’t know what to feel or what to say but I am thankful for your deep love for me. Don’t worry I will not get awkward with you after this but I hope you can give me time to think through about it and let me to figure my confused heart. I like you Oppa but I don’t know if this like is able to work everything out,” Jessica finally spoke up.

Her words managed to calm his uneasy heart and smiled at her, “I understand. I will give you time and I hope I won’t wait for long.” He was really delighted at least he knows he still stood a chance,

“Gomawo Oppa,” she rested her head on his shoulder and started to yawn.

“Shall we go home Barbie?”

“Yes Ken.” And they laughed at each other.

***

Finally the day of their performance had arrived and this day was a nerve breaking for Yunho not because of performing but because Jessica had told him that she will give him the answer when they performed. Over the past week, Yunho had publicly wooing her, gifting her gifts and flowers and showering her with lots of love.

Soon, it was their turn to perform. Jessica was prettily dolled up like a Barbie and Yunho was handsomely attired as Ken. “So you have your answer already?” Yunho nervously asked.

“Yes I do,” Jessica replied, giving him her sweetest smile which could melt an icy mountain.

“I can’t wait,” he winked playfully, attempting to cover up his nervousness.

Finally, they made their appearance on stage and managed to engage the crowds who cheered extremely loud for them. They performed it easily and unknowingly, they are standing on the edge of the front stage with their ending.

“Jessica, will you be my Barbie?” Yunho finally asked, the moment he was waiting for.

Jessica tilted her head and looked at him, “Yes I do, Ken.”

The fans do not know what’s happening because they thought it was just an act but still clapped enthusiastically and cheered. But no one except their friends knows what they are referring to. At the moment Jessica said she does, Yunho literally jumped up of joy but luckily the light had already dimmed. Yunho immediately pulled her close to him and kissed her passionately as they went down.

“Thank you Sica, my Barbie,” Yunho murmured against their battling tongue. “I love you.”

“I love you too Ken.”

Few months later, they are appointed as Barbie and Ken and they did not try to deny their relationship to the public. Many congratulate them and wished them everlasting love. Jessica looked at her boyfriend who is proud to be her boyfriend; you will be my forever Ken.

And you will be my forever Barbie, he answered to her thoughts. They linked each other arm tightly, expressing their love to the public. 

***

YUNSICA for everyone! Hope you like it :)