Will our love rekindle (II) - Haesica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

After long hours of flight, they had finally arrived Singapore and then they check in at Marina Bay Sands Hotel. They had their conversation but it was all solely regarding their project but still it made Jessica happier knowing that at least they are communicating. She really appreciated Heechul kind thoughts and thanked him in her heart. She still remembered that before she left, Heechul advised her, “I know you two still have feelings for one another and I hope that you are the one who will take the initiative because you know he has a shy personality. You know avoiding wouldn’t help so made use this only chance I had for you guys to clear up any misunderstanding between you two.” 

She smiled as she thought of his words and felt hopeful that there might be a glimpse of chance for them to get back together. She don’t know if it was true that what Heechul said that Donghae still love her but she knows that she still love him and she always does.

The pretty and sweet smiling receptionist went through the list and smiled brightly, “Miss and Mister, this is your room key and your room is located at 55th storey, number 222,” and handed him their key.

“Miss, I think you had made a mistake. There should be individual room for each of us,” Donghae informed politely.

“No Sir, it was absolutely correct. Is there any problem with the arrangement?” the receptionist asked as she raised a brow at them.

“Yes there is a problem with it. Can you help me check if there is any available room?” he requested.

His request only made Jessica sad and embarrassed because for first, he does not want to share a room with her and second, the receptionist must have thought they are a couple. Well they were before but not now. But anyway, she felt that they shouldn’t share a room since they are only colleagues’ relationship and it would be extremely awkward to stay in a room together.

The receptionist returned and apologized, “Sorry Sir, I’m afraid there isn’t any available room for these days as all rooms are fully booked due to peak season.”

“Aish, it must be Heechul doings again,” Jessica absentmindedly commented.

“Are you sure it was Heechul who planned all these? - the trip and hotel,” Donghae asked sarcastically.

Jessica was appalled at his statement, how could he accuse her for something that she didn’t do. “What do you mean? You think I had planned all this?” She shook her head in disbelief and threw up her arm. She felt her cheek burning and tears are waiting to make its entrance. In order not to let him see how weak she was, she lowered her head and grabbed the key from his hand.

“I know that you don’t want to be alone with me and neither do I. I will stay in this hotel and that room. You can find yourself another hotel to accommodate,” and she walked away. Donghae stood rooted on the marble tiles and felt a gush of guilt suddenly because he could feel that she was hurt by his words. He quickly chased after her and dashed into the lift she board in time.

His breathing became quick and loud. “Why are you here?” she muttered in surprised.

“I…” he began to stuttered, he wanted to tell her that he was sorry but his ego overpowered him, “Did you forget that the room belong to mine too?”

“But I thought…”

“Well, I decided to stay. Moreover, we still have bits to finalize the proposal and if I were to stay in another hotel, it will be troublesome for both of us,” he cut her words. Jessica heart was smiling because at least they got to spend time alone.

Then silence engulfed the lift until they reached their room, to be specific it was a presidential suite. Jessica was overly excited that she dropped her luggage and explored the huge room. “Wow! This room is daebak and the view here was magnificent!” Jessica exclaimed with eye gleaming with happiness.

Donghae couldn’t help but to chuckle at her cute acts. He misses those smiles of hers and her cheerful personality but then ever since their break up, she became reserve and her smiles disappear as well. He started reminiscing those happy times he had with her and he swear she was the best thing that happened in his life. He sees his future with her until something happened that he could not tolerate and that is betrayal.

The hurtful scene and pain etched in his mind and heart. He witnessed his best friend; Taecyeon claiming his girlfriend lip and she made no move to reject at all. It made him felt betrayed and left wondered if he is third party or Jessica two timed them. After which he initiated break up with her, leaving Jessica totally dumbfounded. She cried asking him why but he kept mute and told her harshly that they weren’t meant to be.

“Oppa!” her sweet voice called and he was snapped back from his trance. This word stung him. There she goes again and pulled him along with him to the balcony, “Oppa, look here the city lights are so beautiful.”

He simply nodded and then pushed her grip on his wrist. She was upset with his actions, here she was trying to lighten up the tense situation between them but he did not seem want it that way. Dejectedly, she walked into the room and started to unpack her luggage. Sigh, how am I going to make us work?

No words exchanged between them until they were about to sleep. Donghae knocked the door and walked in the room while Jessica was combing her hair. “I will be sleeping in the couch,” he informed and took a pillow and bolster from the bed.

Later that night, she turned and tossed around the bed unable to sleep so she headed to the kitchen to get a cup of milk. Then, she saw Donghae sleeping uncomfortably on the couch and was hugging himself since he has no blanket. She quickly took the blanket and covered his shaking body.

She knelt down to meet his level and after so long, she finally had full access of his face. She hesitated awhile before she gently brushed along his jaw line and every touch hurts her knowing that none of it belongs to her anymore.

Unexpectedly, she planted a soft and quick kisses on his lip and whispered, “Sleep tight, Oppa.” Once, her footsteps soften into her room, he opened his eyes. Why do you still care? Why act like you care when you don’t anymore.

The next morning, Donghae found Jessica in the kitchen frying eggs. She was wearing a hot pant and spaghetti top, one word to describe – Y. He gulped a mouthful of saliva down his throat. Jessica suddenly sneezed and sniffled, she seemed to have caught a cold. It must be because she gave him the blanket and she didn’t get herself covered in the air conditioned room.

He decided to be nice for just once since she sacrificed herself if not the person who is sneezing now will be him. His voice startled Jessica, “Take this,” he shoved her pill and walked away.

“Gomawo,” she whispered as she watched him leave. Her inner self was jumping with joy knowing that he still care.

Jessica then rested due to the influence of the medicine. Donghae would occasionally drop in her room to check on her. He then touched up the final bits of the project as he let her to rest more. Suddenly he heard her screaming and dashed out of her room frantically, “Oh god, I have overslept. What time is it now? We still have to attend the function. Oh no, I got no time.”

Donghae laughed because he found her so cute pacing around. “Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing,” he bit back his laugh. “Don’t worry I have finished the proposal and we still left with 3 hours before the function.”

“Oh thank god,” she pressed her chest, relieved.

“Are you feeling better?” he asked with concern.

“Erm… yes I felt better. Thanks for that,” she smiled. Awkward silence engulfed them and she announced, “I will get prepared now.”

Jessica emerged the living room with a maroon evening gown, a sparkling diamond necklace hung around her neck, she let her wavy brunette hair fall flowly below her shoulder and she wore her favorite pair of earring given by Donghae. She saw Donghae having trouble with his tie which he always does and it was always her who helped him. She approached him and said, “Let me help you.”

Donghae did not refuse as he allowed her to do his tie. His heart beat stopped after noticing how breathtaking and mesmerizing she looked. He also noticed she was wearing the earring he gave her on their first date.  

“There you go,” she smiled and he avoided her gaze. “Thanks.”

How come all those feelings he had for her that he tried to hide and buried deep down his heart surfaced again? He could not fall in love with a woman who broke his heart. He shrugged those feelings and remained cold in front of her.

***

They had reached the function destination and the function itself was so grand. It had red carpet and reporters/photographers busying interviewing/capturing their photos as there were many renowned businessmen over the world came.

Jessica suddenly felt like shy in front of the camera when they are requested to take a shot. They stood far apart from each other until the photographer kindly asked them to stand closer so he can take a nice shot of them. And so they did as request, and Jessica did not expect that Donghae put his arm over her shoulder, closing their gap and then their shot was finally taken. He quickly removed his arm and acted like nothing had happened as they enter the event.

Eyes were on Jessica when she made her appearance, men drool witnessing how y and beautiful she was. Jessica felt uncomfortable with all their gazes, ert gazes to be specific. Donghae was aware that Jessica felt uncomfortable so he removed his blazer and covered her bare shoulder. He could not deny that he was jealous and angry with all the men drooling over Jessica.

She felt heart-warming to know he was being protective of her. He grabbed his hand and wanted to send a message to all that she was her property. She accepted it with a huge grin plastered on her face. That moment was the moment she yearns for and she felt like they are back together.

Smiles never leave her face when Donghae continued to hold her hand, then unknowingly they halted their step at a more private and quiet area. He released her hand but Jessica grabbed his hand and titled his chin to face her.

“What happened to us?” she finally asked sadly.

He kept silence.

“You know I am still in love with you,” she confessed. “Will our love rekindle?”

Silence…

“Please Oppa, say something,” she was desperate. She had always been in love with him even though they broke up. She had always wanted to know the reason why they broke up but he said nothing. She had tried to forget him but she couldn’t, she even avoided him but Heechul made them spent time together. And she knows that he still care for her.  

Donghae was surprised with her confession; he assumed she was with Taecyeon after their break up though he had never seen them together once. “I thought you are with Taecyeon?”

Jessica was astonished. What made him thinks she was with him? “No I am not, why do you say that?”

“Because I saw him kissed you,” he revealed sadly.

Her eyes widened when she found out he knew and then remarked, “Is that the reason why you broke up with me?”

“Yes,” he admitted.

“It’s a misunderstanding Oppa! He was drunk that night and he mistook me as Yoona,” she cried out.

Donghae cannot believe what he just heard so it was all a misunderstanding? How can he be so foolish for not trusting her love for him? Suddenly he felt regretted for letting her go without asking her about that incident. He was speechless.

“Never mind Oppa, I know you wouldn’t believe me. I guess it’s our last goodbye here,” Jessica announced, her heart was torn seeing him having no reaction at all. She guessed that her guess of him still like her was wrong. Tears formed and she walked away.

“Don’t…” he pulled her into his embrace and hugged her. “I am sorry for doubting you and breaking up with you.”

“I love you… always it has been…” he confessed. So he was still in love with her and after clearing up the misunderstanding made him realized that he cannot lose her again. He made a mistake once and he’s not going to repeat it.

Jessica looked up at him with a pair of wet eyes, “Really?”

Donghae answered and assured her with his kisses. “I will never let you go.” He felt her smile against his lip. 

***

I think it's not a good plot... but still I hope that you will enjoy reading. 

xoxo