Will our love rekindle (I)- Haesica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

This pair of lovers are the envious of everyone. They are a destined pair that they were childhood sweetheart, attended the same school throughout till graduation day. And they even work under the same company. In everyone eyes, they are a lovely and blissful couple. 

However, a shocking new was announced- the ideal couple broken up with unknown reasons except the couple knows. Their friends and colleague, even their bosses find it a pity. 

Therefore, their boss decided to send them overseas for a business trip and hope that they can use this chance to get back together. 

'You know I am still in love with you.'

'Will our love rekindle?'

***

Jessica pushed opened her boss posh door, flustered and apologized, “Sorry Heechul, I’m late.” Heechul is her boss and also her best buddy, in office everyone address him as Heechul because he insisted.

She almost gasped upon seeing the most familiar back view of someone whom she had tried to avoid for weeks after their break up. She could not deny that she misses him like hell but also knows that he hated her now.

Donghae, her ex boyfriend, titled his head back at the intruder and after realizing who it is, he turned his attention back to Heechul. Jessica felt a pinch in her fragile heart when she did not receive a simple greeting from him but a poker face. She let out a soft sigh but it was audible in the extreme quiet atmosphere.

“Take a seat Sica, we are just about to start our meeting,” Heechul gestured her to the empty chair beside Donghae. Jessica nodded weakly and approached the chair with nervous step. After all, it was inevitable to not to face each other when they are working under the same company. Donghae remained as cool and subtle as he could.

“Well, the purpose of this meeting is that I need you two to attend a function held in Singapore in 2 days time. This function is very important because our bonus will be depending on this. I need you guys to help me to seal a deal with Mr Tay, this are the documents,” Heechul spoke seriously, a boss style and gave them each a file.

Donghae and Jessica stared at Heechul with disbelief as he shrugged his shoulder evilly. These two knew exactly what their best friend is up to. “Heechul, I can’t make it for this function. Can you please ask someone to attend on my behalf? I have a lot of ongoing projects on hand,” Donghae rejected firmly.

Jessica was disappointed knowing too well that he rejected not because that he had projects on hand but because he don’t want to work together with her and not wanting to go Singapore with her alone. She understand Heechul kind intention of attempting to use this chance for them to amend their broken relationship but it was not as easy and simple as it seem.

“Ya Heechul, I have many projects and schedules on hand. I have no time for this function; I think you should ask Yuri to attend.” Jessica told him softly.

“Enough!” Heechul suddenly slammed his hand on the desk and they looked at him with wide eyes. “I am the boss here and I am appointing you two to attend this function. Don’t you know this function is very important to our company? Both of you are like my left and right hand and so capable. I don’t trust anyone else but you two, so no more rejection from you two.”

Heechul actually want to make use this opportunity for them to clear up any misunderstanding they had and if possible, to make up. He could not bear to see his best friends fall out just like this. In everyone eyes, they are like the model couple that everyone envied.

“But…” Donghae started with an almost irritated tone.

“No buts! That’s it! This is an order, you two are going to Singapore and seal the deal be it you like it or not. And as for your projects just give it to your subordinate to handle, I need both of you to concentrate on this project and work closely together. Do you understand me?” Heechul said grimly. Both of them know that they cannot protest anymore but to accept this project after seeing Heechul flared for the first time.

“Alright, I will accept this project,” Jessica nodded with a slight smile.

“Guess I have no more reason to reject,” Donghae told, forced a smile.

“Great! I have faith in you two,” Heechul finally grinned.

“If there is nothing else, I will take my leave first,” Jessica stood up and hugged the file.

“Alright Jess, here are the air tickets. I will give you to safe keep in case Donghae lost it,” Heechul handed her two air tickets which stated to Singapore. Donghae rolled his eyes at Heechul while Jessica took the tickets and left the office.

“So Hae, can you please tell me what exactly happened to both of you? I do not accept lame excuses. You two are such a lovebird back then and now you guys acted like complete stranger,” Heechul asked, he was persistent on knowing the real reason.

“Please don’t ask me anymore. The reason was simple, we lost our feelings,” Donghae let out a soft sigh and continued, “I shall get going too. But anyway thanks for this trip, I know what is your motive but we won’t be back together again.” With that, he left the office too leaving Heechul ruffling his hair, totally confused and frustrated with his two best friends. 

***

Annyeong! A short quick update from me. Hopefully I will get part 2 done (:

I have not been updating my other fanfic so for those who had subscribe, please wait for me patiently as I have been really busy lately :(

And pardon me if this chapter is not well written.

Look forward to Haesica moments ^^

I promise I will respond to all your sica pairing request :)