When pretence becomes real (I) - Topsica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

“SOS Oppa, please come to XXX café now,” Jessica quickly texted under the table. She doesn’t know why she ended up sitting in the café with her ex-boyfriend, Kris.

“So?” Kris asked.

“What?” she feigned ignorance.

“About us patching up,” Kris grabbed her hand across the table. “I love you Jessica. I am sorry for what I did back then,” he added.

“Uh… well I had something to tell you actually,” Jessica removed her hand.

Just then, the chimes of the café sounded. Jessica looked up and her face immediately brightened up and dashed to her saver. She quickly dashed to his side and looped her arms over his as he looked at her bewildered.

“Oppa, please be my fake boyfriend,” she surprised and confused him. She sounded so desperate and he wondered what happened. Before he could ask her, he was being dragged along with her and being formally introduced to Kris.

“Kris, he is my boyfriend, Top. I guess you know who he is and Oppa, this is Kris,” she introduced awkwardly.

Boyfriend, it sounded so honeyed in Top ears.

Well, Top understood the situation in a blink seconds. He knew Kris was Jessica ex boyfriend and she needs him to act as her boyfriend to shake Kris off her .

“Hi Kris, you must be Jessica ex boyfriend,” Top gentlemanly offered a handshake which Kris accepted with a glare.

“You are her boyfriend? Since when?” Kris eyed him suspiciously.

“Since 2 days ago,” Top answered.

“I don’t believe it,” Kris shook his head. “I don’t believe it. Jess, he is lying right? I know you are trying to make me jealous.”

“No Kris, he is not lying. He is my boyfriend. I hope you can accept the fact and move on with your life while I move on with mine,” Jessica replied.

“No x3, it can’t be. How?”

“It…” Jessica paused, trying to come up something.

“I have been carrying a torch for her since we were young and I finally mustered my courage to ask her be my girlfriend and she accepted,” Top spoke. It was all true to him but Jessica thought that Top was just trying to help her to come up that situation.

Kris eyes were red and he almost cried but held back. “I refused to believe you. I made sure I will win back her heart.”

“Wish you good luck then,” Top placed his protective arm over her shoulder, claiming his stake.

“Jess, wait for me. I will show you that I am sincere this time,” Kris left the café with a stabbed heart.

“You ok?” she nodded. “Oppa thank you for your help today and also sorry for troubling you to pose as my boyfriend.”

It’s not troubling at all, he smiled. “You are welcome Sica, you know whenever you need help and I will be there. So tell me, do you still have feeling for him?”

“No Oppa, that is why but he just couldn’t understand it,” she sighed while Top breathes out loudly as relief.

“He doesn’t seem to believe we are an item,” she worried.

“I will help you,” Top offered.

“Really? How?” her eyes lit up.

“I will continue to act as your boyfriend until he gave up on you totally,” he told which he wanted it for a long time- to be her boyfriend.

“But…”

“But what Sica?”

“It’s really unfair to you to act as my boyfriend,” she answered.

He laughed, “I would think that it is unfair to you because you are such a popular, beautiful lady and you have to stick with me.”

“Oppa, you are attractive and to me, you are the handsome Oppa I’d ever met,” she complimented which made Top heart fluttered.

“You really don’t mind?” Jessica asked.

“No, I really don’t mind,” Top beamed. I’d never be more than happier even to be your fake boyfriend.

“Gomawo Oppa, you are the best!” Jessica gave him a hug and instantly his heart skipped a beat.

***

Jessica had told her members about her pretence relationship with Top. “Don’t tell anyone especially to EXO. I don’t want the secret to be exposed,” she warned the girls.

“Of course we won’t and I genuinely find that Top is the perfect match for you,” Yuri clasped her hand happily with the rest nodding their head.

“He is my closest Oppa and he is doing me a favor. Nothing more,” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Who knows that all these pretence will end up real,” Tiffany butted in excitedly.

Jessica threw a small cushion at her playfully and said seriously, “Definitely no.”

“Let’s see then,” she smirked.

***

“Morning girls,” Top entered SNSD waiting room and greeted them. He was holding a bouquet of lilies and his eyes began to scan the room in search for someone.

“Morning Oppa, your Sica is resting over there,” Taeyeon pointed to the couch where Jessica is lying.

“Jessi Unnie,” Yoona screamed but she just wouldn’t budge.

“Shh, don’t wake her up. Let her rest more,” Top put his index finger on his mouth.

The girls began chuckled among them and nodded. “Oppa, we will leave you guys alone now. Just remember to wake our sleepy beauty up in half an hour time as we have rehearsal later,” Taeyeon told and left.

Top made his way to the sleeping beauty and sat besides her watching her intensively. His lip automatically curled up to a smile unknowingly. The way she looked like while sleeping was so cute and mesmerizing. She was no doubt an absolute angel in his eyes; he so wanted to feel her skin but hesitated.

Jessica began to fidget in her comfort zone and opened her eyes. She gasped loudly when she realized that Top was staring at her intently and then smiling. “Oppa, when are you here?”

She sit up embarrassingly, worried that she might drool or something. “Just 15 minutes ago.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You are sleeping so soundly, I bear not to,” Top said.

“Oh, what brings you here by the way?” she asked, curiously.

“Visiting my girlfriend,” he smiled and she blushed lightly.

“Fake girlfriend,” she emphasized.

“Yeah fake,” he sounded disappointed and hurt. “This is for you,” he then handed her the lilies.

“It’s so lovely but Oppa, you don’t have to do this,” Jessica muttered.

“Can’t I give my girlfriend flowers as congratulation for her Korea comeback?” he pouted.

She chuckled at his cuteness that totally doesn’t suit him and thanked.

“So tell me did that boy pester you?”

“Well yes but I ignored him. It’s inevitable for us not to see each other especially we are in the same company.”

“Oh…” he answered briefly.

“I hope he really give up,” Top mumbled.

***

Sorry but there will be part 2 as I am too tired so I stopped writing.

It will be topsica (:

Hope you enjoy it.

Goodnight ^.^