Exchange student (I) - LuSica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

Jessica stood among the crowd in the Incheon Airport Arrival Hall waiting patiently for a guy from China. Each year, her school had this student exchange program with China renowned University in order to understand each other culture and improve their language skill. She was one of the few appointed by her lecturer to welcome the exchange student from China and she will be hosting him. She was troubled because she was afraid that they can’t communicate due to language barrier. Though she had practiced a few basic Chinese sentences, she was nervous still.

She tiptop and peer through those tall people around her. His flight should have arrived by now, she checked the time. She was holding an unattractive signboard written ‘Lu Han!’ that was the guy name. She recited the name and looked at the photo given by her lecturer. She realized besides the flower boy look he possessed, there isn’t anything else attracts her.

She did not know she was staring at his photo for a long time until she heard, “hey.” She diverted her eyes upwards to the person and took a step back to have a better view on him. He looked so beautiful and cute and he looked exactly like him. She gulped a mouthful of saliva down before she spoke up, “Ni shi Lu Han ma?” (Are you Lu Han?)

“Dui, wo shi. Ni shi Jessica? (Yes I am, are you Jessica?),” he replied with a smile.

“Ni hao Ni Hao, welcome to Korea. I am Jessica. I will be your host during your long stay in Korea,” Jessica smiled and was relieved that she had managed to speak the long Chinese sentence that she rehearsed to him.

“Kamshaminda,” he thanked her with his cute smiles and she blushed unknowingly.

“Shall we go back to my house?” she stuttered the words awkwardly. Speaking in Chinese was difficult for her as she only remembered these few lines.

He nodded and pulled along the huge luggage bag and followed her to the car park. Their first impression for each other was good. Lu Han finds her cute when she speaks Chinese to him and she was beyond than beautiful.

“How was your flight?” she struggled with the words with an embarrassed smile.

That smile, those lip…

“It was great,” he replied and added silently, “especially after meeting you.”

“Neh?” she asked as she heard him mumbling something.

Lu Han shook his head. Throughout the rest of the journey, silence engulfed them. Jessica was concentrating on the road while Lu Han was busying with his Ipad and stealing quick glances of her.

Click*

“What are you doing?” she spoke in English when she caught Lu Han taking her picture.

“I am taking picture of my host and you are really photogenic,” he replied in perfect English.

Jessica face reddened by his compliment and at the same time shocked, “You speak English?”

“Well, of course,” he answered proudly.

“Gosh, why didn’t you tell me?” Jessica slapped her forehead. If he had told her earlier that he speaks English, she wouldn’t embarrassed herself with those awkward Chinese accents she tried.

“You didn’t ask,” he shrugged his shoulder. “But don’t worry, your Chinese standard is consider good.”

“Thanks, I know it,” she smirked proudly.

Lu Han laughed, “I’m going to post your photo in instagram and let my friend jealous of me.”

“Why?”

“Because I had a pretty host, I need to brag,” he laughed again.

Jessica blushed again. “You are blushing.”

“No I am not,” she denied.

“Yes you are, you look cute when you blush,” he said and her face turned from faint pink to tomato red.

“Stop teasing,” she scolded.

***

It had been a month that Lu Han stayed with Jessica and her family. He felt heartwarming as Jessica parents treated him like their son since they only had daughters. Also, Lu Han joined Jessica in class and they spent most of their time together. And definitely their relationship as friends had blossom into something special that they haven’t realize it yet. 

***

TBC...

Sorry for the adrupt ending. Apparently, this chapter is just too short. Mianhae! But I am going to continue it soon and promise next chapter will have more Lusica interactions (; 

Hope that this chaper is good enough (:

xoxo

Thank you for commenting, voting and susbcribing ^.^

So will Lusica eventually realize their growing feelings for one another and what happens when the program ends and Lu Han needs to go back China?

Find out in next chapter (: