Breaking the wrong heart (III) - Chensica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

“This is the day,” Chen mumbled to himself with a grin and glanced at the beautiful bouquet of flowers in hand. He meticulously fixed and arranged the stalks neatly. He had picked up the flowers he ordered once he woke up this morning. He had chosen her favorite flowers and he had to ensure that it was fresh and fragrance.  

He had never felt so nervous before. He can feel his heart racing with each passing seconds as he anxiously waiting for Jessica. He quickly hid the bouquet of flowers behind his back once he spotted Jessica jogged towards him.

“Chen…” she called with smile.

“What’s behind your back?” Jessica asked curiously and she shifted her head to side trying to peek.

He became flustered and handed the flowers to her, stuttering, “This is for you. Hope you like it”

“Thank you, it’s beautiful,” she smiled and noticed visible redness on his face.

“What’s urgent thing you need to tell me?” she asked, as he sounded serious and urgent over the phone.  

“Sica, I realized that I love you so much. Will you be my girlfriend?” he mustered all of his courage and confessed short and sincerely.

Jessica heart skipped a beat and stared at him blankly. She does not know how to react for moment, sure she was elated because he had fallen head over heels on her but then she unknowingly fell in love with him too despite if he was a jerk before but she cannot accept him. She cannot break her promise to Krystal.

“No, I won’t,” she rejected feeling a stab in her heart.

 

Chen was hurt by her answer. “I thought that we share the same mutual feelings for each other?” Chen asked, his voice is quavering.

“No, it’s your one sided love, I don’t like you at all. I already have someone that I love,” she snickered, avoiding his intense stare. But she knew that her world was crushing down, her heart was breaking. She doesn’t mean all those hurtful words at all.

“What about those kisses, those hugs? Does it not meant anything to you?” he asked with tears forming on his lid, holding her.

“It was fake alright, I don’t feel anything about it, it was a moment of folly,” she continued with harsh words and removed his hand away from her. He felt a stab in his heart.

“I love you…” he declared. “so much…”

“But I don’t love you. Thanks for your love, good bye Chen,” she caressed him the last time before she quickly turned and ran with tears already rolling down her cheek while Chen dropped onto his knee in the middle of the passenger road.

“Why…” he yelled. This is the first time he laid his eyes on someone that he loves. He thought that Jessica was his everything; he wanted to share his life with her and to dote on her forever. But he did not expect that her rejection would cause him so much pain.

She hid herself at a secluded corner and she bares her chest out. She was crying so badly, “I’m sorry Chen. I love you but I can’t be with you.”

***

“Krys, I felt so horrible doing this to him, he was so hurt” Jessica sighed heavily. The image of Chen breaking down etched on her mind and she can feel his sorrow.

“Unnie, you did the right thing by toying him. You helped Sulli, you helped her revenge,” Krystal comforted her sister. “He is a playboy, he should learn his lesson. Don’t blame yourself, gomawo Unnie.”

“But…” she wanted to tell Krystal the truth that she had fallen in love with him until someone interrupted her.

“Was it true?” Chen suddenly appeared and asked Jessica. Without knowing, Chen overheard everything.

He was so upset over the past few days; he was in a mess after her rejection to his love declaration. He called her many times but she never returned to any of it. He never thought that it would hurt so much. Every night, he drank to bury his sorrow. His friends tried to cheer him up and encourage him, telling him that it is not worth but he never listened. He continued to drink and started partying with different girls in his club. Everyone was shocked to see this side of him.

He was in a mess until Kai dragged him out as he couldn’t bear to see this unreal side of him. He brought him to a café and tried to advice him. It was then he saw Jessica at last. He wanted to run to her so badly and it was when he overheard their conversation.

“Chen?!” she felt her heart speeding.

“Was it true?” he asked again with his intense stare.

She nodded her head with guilt eating her.

He let out a sarcastic laugh but it sounded more than a bitter one. “I half wish that you would lie. Do you feel good breaking my heart?”

Of course not, Chen. I feel terrible.

“Do you feel good breaking Sulli heart?” she questioned back instead.

“What are you talking about? Who’s Sulli?” he was confused.

“What’s going on Unnie? Who is he?” Krystal asked, bewildered by the situation now.

Jessica shifted her attention to Krystal, “He’s the one who break Sulli heart, I thought you know him, Kim Jong Dae?”

Krystal shook her head. “Unnie, he’s not the one,” she whispered but was loud enough.

“What?!” Jessica exclaimed. “He’s Kim Jong Dae!”

“He’s not! Kim Jong Dae looked much more handsome than this man,” Krystal told.

“He’s Kim Jong Dae,” Krystal then pointed at Kai who appeared, confused.

“No! Kim Jong Dae is Chen, Chen is Kim Jong Dae!” Jessica almost screamed.

“I’m Kim Jong In, Kai to be honest,” Kai told.

“You are the one who broke Sulli heart!” Krystal huffed and glared at him.

Kai just sheepishly smiled and scratched his head. “Yeah, I and Sulli once had a thing before.”

“Did you lie to Sulli that you are Kim Jong Dae?” Jessica verified.

“Erm ya.”

Now she finally understands the whole situation. When she turned back, she realized that Chen is not there anymore. “Chen!”

She chased after Chen who did not when disappeared. But she couldn’t find him, she tried to call him but his phone was switched off. She had wronged him. She should trust her instinct and believe what her heart tells her.

Finally, she spotted Chen among the crowd and she quicken her pace. She grabbed his wrist making him turn. Immediately, she embraced him tightly. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry for hurting you. I broke the wrong heart. I am sorry, will you forgive me?” she whispered into his ears.

She did not hear his reply nor feel his hand around her waist. She must have broken his heart badly. She let go and cupped his face, staring at his watery eyes before she leaned in and claimed his lip. Chen was surprised by her bold action but responded anyway. He missed her so much.

“I love you, I really love you even if you are a playboy or not,” Jessica told.

“I am not a playboy,” he emphasized, still feeling pain when he knew that he was targeted and being played by her.

“I know, I know, it was a misunderstanding. I am sorry. I didn’t mean to break your heart. I had fallen in love with you,” she said.

“Will you forgive me?”

He gazed at her, there is no way he can be mad at her. He shook his head.

“What should I do to seek for your forgiveness?”

“Be my girl for the rest of my life.”

She pulled him into her embrace again. “I’m yours forever.”

He hugged her. “I forgave you. And now there’s no backing out. You are marked as mine and my only.”

She smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

***

Finally done with Chensica. Up next will be haesica! Who's excited?! 

Give me time to write a beautiful haesica shots.

Hearts you guys for patiently waiting for my update.

Anw, heard of Leetuek news regarding his family. I feel sorry for him. Let's us all send our deep condolences to him. 

Stay strong Leetuek Oppa!