Not that I wanted (II) - KaiSica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

2 days later…

The girls gathered in the living room and watched the news. “Breaking news! The president grandson is revealed to be Kim Jong In whom also known as Kai, will be engaged with Bae Suzy, the granddaughter of late Mdm Bae. The following reports and photos had shown that Mr Kim and Miss Bae enjoyed a romantic date at lotte world,” the news announcer reported and few photos of them being intimate are flashed on the television.

***

The pictures are flashed in apparent slideshow, every photo was clearly shown how close and intimate they are. The way they smiled at each other, happiness was evident.  Jessica could bear not more from it yet she stared at the screen for the longest time. Her vision was soon blurred because of the tears which had flooded her eye lid.

She clung tightly on the cushion and felt her heart grew heavier. She tried her hardest not to let her threaten tears flow down.  The girls looked at her worriedly. They are equally as surprised by the news, they never knew that Kai is the president grandson and moreover, he is engaged when he is in a relationship with Jessica.

It can’t be…

He can’t be the president grandson…

He can’t be engaged…

He won’t betray me…

Jessica maintained a poker face and stood out. She forced a smile that doesn’t meet her heart, “Girls, I’m going out for awhile.”  

“Where are you going? It’s late, let us accompany you,” Tiffany asked.

“I… I going to look for him,” she softly said. A small part of her still wants to believe that Kai wouldn’t do such a thing. “I am really fine. Don’t worry about me okay?” she assured her members.

“Really Jess? You are looking for the je-,”before the agitated Hyoyeon burst out words that are hurtful, Taeyeon covered .

“Okay Jess, just be careful ok? We believe that Kai won’t do such thing to you, there must be some misunderstanding. Go look for him and ask him,” Taeyeon kindly encouraged.  

Jessica purses her lips and nodded. She convinced herself that whatever she watched or heard must be untrue. Kai will never do such thing to her, she believe him. “Thank girls,” and she just grabbed her purse and left the home.

She walked aimlessly around Kai estate. When she was in front of the door step, all her courage just disappeared.  And to her disappointment, she did not receive any calls or messages from Kai. Heaving a sigh, she walked away with negative thoughts. What if it is true?

“Sica!” she heard someone shouting behind her.

She turned back and feeling hopeful that it might be Kai but it was Suho running towards her. “Oppa.”

“Where have you been? I was looking for you, you made me worried,” he pulled her into his embrace. Once he learnt the news, he quickly rushed down to Jessica dorm but her members told him that she went to look for Kai.

Jessica said nothing. His hug suddenly felt like a comfort to her. After releasing their hug, Suho walked her to the park nearby. “Do you happen to watch the news earlier?” Suho asked.

“Yes,” she simply answered. “But I don’t believe the news,” she convinced herself.

As they approached the park, Suho noticed two figures afar hugging and he knew at one glance, one belonged to Kai. “Let’s go somewhere else,” he suddenly stood in front of her attempted to block her view.

Jessica was puzzled at his action. “I want to go to the park Oppa,” she said. Park was her place where she find peace and quiet so that she can calm down.

Suho was unable to stop her as she continued to walk towards the park until she halted her steps, a few meters distance away from the hugging figure. Her eyes brimmed with tears and her heart prickled when she finally realize why Suho insisted to go somewhere else.

In front of them were Kai and the named woman, Suzy, hugging where Suzy lays her head on Kai broad chest. When the two released their hug at last, Kai was the first one who noticed Jessica staring at him and Suho glaring. Kai was poker face, his hand still holding Suzy hand.

Silence engulfed among the three excluding Suzy who was clueless. “Oppa, who is she?” Suzy broke the silence and linked her arm over Kai.

“She is someone from our label,” Kai replied monotone.

Jessica felt like her world tumbling down when he said that. Her heart was beyond shattered into millions tiny pieces. The next thing she knew was she heard the woman screamed and Kai was lying on the ground with Suho. Suho punched Kai into his face and the latter fight back.

“Oppa, don’t!” Jessica pulled Suho away and quickly attends to Kai whose face was bruised. Suho was saddened by her reaction. “Is it hurtful?” she gently caressed the wound.

“No,” he shoved her hand away and replied coldly. He stood up and Suzy worriedly caressed him. “Oppa are you ok?”

“I’m fine,” he smiled at her. He reacted differently, the way he answered Suzy was full of affection.

Jessica cannot believe what she had just witnessed. Kai totally acted like a different person. She felt distant from him. He acted like she was just nobody in his eyes. With tears in her eyes, a quaver in , tears streamed down her cheek, she finally asked,  “Is it true?”

Kai knew exactly what she was referring to and replied expressionlessly, “Yes.”

“What about me?” her voice was solemn.

“I only have Suzy,” his answer was not what she had expected.

She walked to him, with their eyes met and she slapped him right on his cheek which is bruised. She forcefully took the necklace he gave her and threw it straight into his face. “I hate you!” she angrily and miserably told.

She grabbed Suho hand and walked away. Uncontrollably, she buried her face on his shoulder and cried painfully. He embraced her tight and patted her head. “Hush hush.” Witnessing how she broke down in front of him breaks his heart; she had never once shown her vulnerable side to anyone. And to know that what caused her to be like this was his brother, Kai, boiled his anger inside.

He doesn’t care if his shirt is wet, he doesn’t care about the onlookers staring at him as if he was the one who made her cry, he only cares that Jessica to stop crying and let her emotion calm down. At last, she stopped crying and wiped her tears. “Sorry Oppa.”

He used his thumb to wipe away her tears. “Feeling better?”

She shook her head. She can never feel better. Her heart clenched remembering each happy moment spent with Kai and how all these turned out to be lies. Her heart was bleeding and her eyes are dried as there are no more tears she can cry.

From afar, Kai was witnessing everything. “I’m sorry Jess.  I was left with no choice.”

TBC

I think the title sounds a little weird. HaHaHa. 

Comment, subscribe and I will update pretty soon (: