Through the variety (III) - Krissica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

Second day of filming…

“Annyeong! Welcome to second day of Cupid is just next to you. Here presenting you the 6 pairs. And by the end of this filming, there will only be 2 final pairs. We will identify the winners by having 2 games which testes couple rapport and how unity they are,” Dong Wook started once the camera rolls.

“The first game will be very simple; the female will feed 10 strawberries to her partner with only . The male will have to eat the strawberries leaving its leaf untouched,” he explained. “And,” he emphasized before he continued, “the fastest group will see themselves secured in the final without having to participate the next round.”

Jessica jaw dropped as she was super shocked with the game. She should have expected skinship happening but never did she thought it was a little extreme especially for the two since they aren’t even a couple. It is super awkward to feel your best friend lip.

She turned and looked at Kris who was poker face but she didn’t know how happy he was inside. His eyes met her and she quickly looked away. “We can pull out of this competition if you feel uncomfortable with it,” he told her, being understanding.

“Andae!” she shouted and quickly covered after realizing she had said it too loud that people looked at her weirdly. She smiled embarrassingly at them.

“I don’t mind unless you mind,” this time she whispered.

“Game on,” he smirked.

Both of their ankles were bind together with a rope. Their movement was restricted and unsynchronized until Kris suggested that they should hug each other waist. With that, they felt themselves balanced. Once the whistle blown, they began to race. At first, all couples seemed to be on par among one another but after that, slowly a few couple fall behind because they either trip or just unable to catch up.

They tightened each other grip on their waist and finally they made it to another end where they saw a basket of strawberries. They untied the rod and proceed on. Jessica took a strawberry and place at the tip of her lip.

“Just do it! You have to win, remember,” her inner thoughts encouraged her when she was hesitating.

Kris was waiting expectantly for her and was relieved that she didn’t have second thoughts. When their lips met as expected, everything around them froze. They awkwardly gazed deeply into each other eyes and felt their heart crazily pounding against their chests. Not only that, their body temperature seemed to rise to its max point, they are indirectly burning inside.

Their gaze broke when Dong Wook told them to keep up. They could clearly notice each other blushing face. She wondered how can ‘a not really a kiss’ do amaze to her heart. Each time they felt each other lip, they are electrified.

At last they are done with the last piece, they took a quick glance at other group and started to panic because there is a group who is preparing to race back to the finishing line. They hurried tie the rope and with all their might and energy, they raced back. To much of their surprise, they are the first. Jessica jumped with joy and so does Kris. They are thankful that they need not to participate the next round and secured their spot in the final.

Third day of filming…

“Oppa, I still can’t believe that we are in the finals. I am so excited,” Jessica expressed as they are on their way to the SBS building. Kris nodded in agreement as he concentrates on his steering wheel.

They were told to dress in their sponsored couple shirt which printed KRISSICA wording on it. It was one and only one piece in world.

“Oppa, we are just one step to winning,” she exclaimed cutely as she showed Kris the distance using her finger.

Kris chuckled and assured her, “I will win it for us.” She was touched.

Soon, they reached the SBS, they are being ushered to a recording studio where some audience had assigned to their seats and crews running around getting prepared. Dong Wook gave them a brief smile before he was called by a stylist.

They had never been on real tv show therefore it is inevitable for them to feel nervous. Though they are nervous, they still need to plaster a smile on their face to conceal their nervousness.

The girls had their make up done by the stylist while the boys had their hair neatly styled too. When the couple met again, they were awed by each other. Jessica looked exactly like an angel. Kris never know that she can be so beautiful when she applied make up, is not that he don’t find her pretty enough every time he saw her but this time she is an angel shining and smiling sweetly at him.

Kris was also looking extremely good and Jessica bear in mind to remind Kris to style his hair that way. The final couples sat on the comfortable plush chair and Dong Wook began his opening speech.

“You look gorgeous,” Kris whispered beside her and she blushed.

“You look suave too.”

“Now let’s have all of them to start their love confession, it could be those words that you had been wanted to tell your partner or that you can tell everyone what you like about your partner or anything you want to tell him/her,” Dong Wook said.

Jessica gulped her saliva down through because she is the first one. She had never seen it coming. Confession? What confession? What is she going to say? Is she going to confess her true feeling to Kris directly and openly in front all Koreans? Even if she did, Kris would just think that it is a lie to win right?

“Jessica shi,” Dong Wook called, sensing her a bit lost.

“Neh,” she answered immediately.

She looked at Kris as told and her eyes bored into his beautiful brown eyes. “Oppa, thank you for being a part of my life. We have basically known each other since birth, we played, we joked, and we cried, we laughed, we did everything together. I am so glad that you have imprinted your footsteps onto my life and you had captured the place in my heart. I have always loved you since I don’t know when but I know that I love you so much that I couldn’t describe how much or how deep it is.”

She paused, feeling embarrassed by confessing her love to him. Kris was dumbfounded by her; his heart skipped few beats when he saw how serious she is. Could she really love him? He smiled and stepped forward to hug her tightly. His smile was wide and bright, “I love you too.”

She glanced up at him, “are you serious?”

“I am so dead serious. How about you?”

“What I said earlier was my heartfelt words,” she smiled sweetly at him. She had never expected that the guy she loved, love her too. So it wasn’t any one sided love. Dong Wook interrupted them and they smiled apologetic. They held their hand lovingly.

“So…” Dong Wook said. “I had the winner on my hands.”

Everyone was so nervous because since when? “Well, I know everyone is shocked. Actually we have invited a few judges to watch your interaction in secret. They had given points based on your interaction and also how much they are touched by your speech earlier on.”

Drum roll….

“The winner is!” he peek at the card and smiled.

Krissica grabbed each other hand and thought even if they never win, they are already the winner. They are the winner of each other heart.

“The winner is Krissica!”

They gasped and stood rooted on the ground. They are so x3 in shock. Is their ear playing a trick on them?

“Krissica, can you guys please step forward and collect your prize?”

The other couple congratulated them made them realized it was not a dream. They collected their Tiffany & Co. ring. Jessica was all in smiles and couldn’t take her eyes off from the ring.

Kris was as happy as her at least he kept his word for winning it for her. On Jessica door step, she hugged him and thanked him. Suddenly, he knelt down with one leg and shoved his hand out showing the glittering shiny ring to her and asked, “Jessica, will you be my girlfriend?”

She took the ring and nodded, “I do.”

Kris pulled her into his embrace and planted a sweet kiss on her forehead then slowly down to her lip. It was their first ever sweet kisses. 

***

Updated. SOrry for taking such a long time and my writing seriously getting worse. I think this is my worse story line ever. 

I will be thankful even if there is anyone who read it. 

Hopefully I will come out a good story line for the next couple I intend to write. (couple decided!)

Till then, cya!