XXX - Lusica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

“Ms Jessica Jung…” She stopped playing with her hand and rose from the comfortable plush sofa.

Jessica bowed and smiled at the woman who had just called her. “This way please,” the woman led her to the meeting room. “Good luck, Ms Jung.”

“Thanks,” she gave a small smile. She inhaled and exhaled slowly before she knocked against the door and entered the room.

She bit her lips and bowed at her only interviewer. “Good Afternoon, I am Jessica Jung. This is my resume,” she handed a file to her.

“I am Ms Park. Please take a seat, Miss Jung.” They exchanged a quick handshake.

Ms Park briefly browsed through her resume and began with her questions. She was very impressed at Jessica answers to every question. She is very eloquent, smart and confident. “You had graduated from a prestigious university and achieved excellent result in the areas of Science; may I know why do you choose Xi’s enterprise – fashion line?” This was Ms Park last question for Jessica.

Jessica answered her confidently, “My dream is to become a renowned fashion designer and I believed strongly no matter which field I am at before would stop me from pursuing my dreams. The reason why I had chosen Xi’s enterprise because of its decade’s history, outstanding achievement and it is globally known for its creative and changing trends every now and then.  I would like to explore and unleash my creativity and I would love to take up all challenges.”

As expected, Ms Park was impressed by her. She closed the file and said, “Well, Ms Jessica, I had concluded my interview with you. I will inform you the result in this few days time.”

***

“Just one last cup…” Jessica slurred and giggled to her best friend, Tiffany, who was already half drunk. The alcohol effect had slowly overtaken her sound mind.

“To my best girlfriend on earth found her first job!” Tiffany raised her cup high and giggled.

“To my first ever job and having my best girlfriend by my side!” Jessica clanked their glasses.

It was Tiffany idea of coming to pub to celebrate Jessica for getting a job straight after they graduated. Jessica initially rejected the offer as she told her that she had to report early for her first job and she can’t leave a bad impression but gave in after Tiffany persuasion who promised only to have one cup. However, it ended up to few cups and they already intoxicated by it. They headed to the dance floor and hit the ground. To be honest, Jessica is a poor drinker; her tolerance for alcohol is very low compared to Tiffany. After 2 small shots and glass of champagne, she feels the world already spinning.

“I will go to the washroom okay?” Tiffany whispered to Jessica and hiccupped.

Jessica acknowledged by flagging her hand as she took another cup in hand. As the clock ticks by, Tiffany is still not back yet and Jessica was really feeling worse with the effect of the alcohol slowly consuming her. Just then, she received a text from Tiffany who informed her that she was sorry for leaving first as there is an emergency at home.

Jessica replied okay and grabbed her bag. She staggered her way out, her vision is blurring and she stood along the road side and flag for a taxi. Just then, a posh car stopped right in front of her, she mistook it as a taxi and entered.

“Ahjussi…” she slurred.

The owner of the car looked at the woman, surprised. “Miss, I am not an ahjussi. You entered the wrong car.”

Jessica giggled, hiccupped, making a little wet sound. “You…” she gazed at the man and pointed at him with a half smile and then passed out.

“Miss…” he called and nudged her shoulder but she’s not moving.

What am I supposed to do now? He swerved his car and head back to his house since he had no idea where she stays. “Miss,” he called again and still no responds from her.

He then carried her in bridal style and realized how light she was. She squirmed and her eyes were half opened. She gazed at the man who looked down at her. “Miss…”

She encircled his neck and nuzzled closer to his body. Strangely, she felt so warm in his embrace and fell asleep.

Strangely, he felt his heart skipped when she touched him.

The next day, she was awaked by her cell phone ringing and was greeted by a splitting headache. Damn she cursed, terrible hangover. She answered her phone, it was from Tiffany.

“Jessi! Did you managed to get home safely? Look, I am terribly sorry for leaving you behind,” Tiffany apologized.

“Tiff, I am fine. Just a terrible hangover now, has you settle your issue?” she replied.   

“Yes dear. By the way, I wish you good luck for your first day. We shall catch up later this evening.”

Jessica jumped up from the bed. ! “What time is it now, Tiff?!”

“It’s 8.45a.m., are you on the way to work now?”

“Christ! Gotta hang up now!” She panicked as she only left 15 minutes to prepare for her work. She hurried to the bathroom and took a toothbrush and began to brush her teeth until she suddenly shrieked, her dolphin scream could tear the house down when she looked at her reflection, shocked.

She realized she was changed into a set of silky sheer pyjamas and it wasn’t hers. The bathroom also seemed so much bigger than her house. Just then, the bathroom door was pushed open and emerged a young charming man in his early twenties.

“What happened?” he asked.

She became conscious at how less she wore and quickly grabbed a towel and covered her chest. “Who are you? Why am I here?!” she yelled with foam in .

“Please rinse your mouth first before you speak. I can’t hear what you said,” he chuckled and her face reddened.

She rinsed while he leaned against the wall watching her. She glared at him when their eyes met in the reflection from the mirror. She turned back after finishing her wash up, “What am I doing here? Where is this place and where are my clothes?” She had questions thrown to him.

“Firstly, you are drunk. Secondly, you are currently at my place and thirdly, I had your laundry washed,” he replied casually.

“How did I end up here?” she flustered when she had no idea how and why and especially she’s in another stranger man apartment. Gosh!

“Nothing happened between us right?” she needed to verify. Damn, she prayed hard nothing happened but how can nothing happened when there’s only the two of them. Moreover, he’s a man and nether less, he is so charming and cute but also dangerous.

Damn, she cursed in and blamed herself and liquor for everything.

“Nothing,” he assured her. “It’s my sister who changed your clothes, rest assured.”

She heaved a sigh of relief. “But how did I end up here?” she repeated again, afraid this man is up to no good despite his angelic face, proved otherwise. What if he wanted to take advantage of her?

He let out a soft chuckle, “you don’t remember?” He advanced his step closer to her and its making her nervous.

She took a step back cautiously. She stared at him blankly. He explained, “You are the one who went up my car and mistook me as a taxi driver. You are so drunk, and I don’t know where you lived so I brought you back.”

She bit her lip and shut her eyes for brief seconds, almost embarrassed by her drunken state behaviour. “Sorry and thank you for your help,” she bowed politely after understanding the whole situation.

“No problem, as long as you don’t mistake me as some badass guy,” he smiled charmingly.

She smiled sheepishly because for a moment she did have that thought.  “Omo! I’m running late for my work!”

“I’m not sure if these clothes suit you, it belongs to my sister,” he handed her a new set of clothes in replacement for those in the laundry.

She took it and quickly changed into it. It was perfectly fitting for her; she brushed her hair into a messy ponytail.

“I shouldn’t have drunk last night,” she huffed. He came in again to check on her as well as giving her some aspirin.

“Take this aspirin, it helps,” he told.

“Thanks so much,” she swallowed the pills.

“! I am so late already,” she shrieked as she grabbed her bag.

He leaned his body against the wall and crossed his arm as he watched her in amusement. She has cuteness brought out from her beautifulness.

“Where’s your office?” he wondered.

“Xi’s enterprise,” she replied.

His eyes widened with surprise and then, his face formed a thin line. “Let me bring you there,” he offered.

She gazed at him and rejected his offer since she had troubled him enough. “I will hail a cab outside, and thanks again for your help.”

He stopped her when she is about to leave the room, “Wait for a minute, I am going to Xi’s enterprise as well so I can send you there too.”

“Really?” she raised her brows and checked her watch. She’s already half an hour late; she’s going to be dead meat, fancy her being late for the first day. “Alright,” she sighed.

He quickly changed into his formal attire. “Let’s go.”

“You work at Xi’s enterprise too?” she asked curiously.

He nodded. “It’s such a coincidence. We will be colleagues in future,” she beamed. “Which department you are at and how long have you been working there?”

“Long enough,” he answered with a smile.

“Today is my first day and I am so late, my superior is going to be very mad at me,” she sighed. She needs to come up a good excuse for her lateness.

“Oh?” no wonder he had never seen her face before. “Which department?”

“Design and marketing,” she told. Interesting.

“Then, you need not to worry about your superior for being mad at you,” he assured.

“How can you be sure?” she still worried, leaving a bad impression on first day is a big no-no.

He just smiled. “By the way, I still have not got your name, Miss.”

“Ah! I’m Jessica Jung,” she introduced herself brightly. “You?”

“Luhan,” he turned to look at her with a cute smile plastered on his face.

They finally reached the building and Jessica couldn’t express how thankful she is. “Can I have your number? I will give you a treat next round,” She said.

He gladly entered his number into her phone and not forgetting to use her phone to miss calls his phone, in order to have her number too. Thereafter, she waved him goodbye and dashed to the lift.  

*** 

TBC

I didn't come out with the title yet, still thinking what title suits it. As said, a lusica, then haesica and then the other otp request.

Gomawo.

Xo.