That love (III) - Jisica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

Jiyong face lit up a bright smile when he saw Jessica standing in front of the school gate. He fastened his footstep and approached her, “Hey Gorjess.”

She tilted her head and briefly acknowledged his presence. “Hey.” She then peered through his shoulder and pouted, “Why isn’t Top Oppa with you?”

“Uh- he wanted me to inform you that he got to attend a last minute meeting,” Jiyong told. He noticed the disappointment crossed her face. “I can go shopping with you.”

“You and me?” her brows arched and hesitated. She had never been alone with Jiyong before, it was always the three of them hanging out together.

He nodded with a smile but her reply disappointed him. “I guess next time then when Top Oppa is free.”

Jiyong quickly grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving. “Are you afraid of hanging out with me alone?”

Her heart skipped a beat unknowingly. “No.”

“Then we should continue with the initiate plan,” his eyes almost pleading.

“Fine then,” she said after remembering what Top had once mentioned to her, Jiyong isn’t like what you think he is. You ought to give him a chance to prove himself, he’s a good guy.

His eyes immediately formed a crescent shape and his lip formed into a thin line. Thanks Hyung.

They walked side by side to the nearby departmental mall. It made Jiyong day so much more interesting and happier knowing that Jessica is slowly opening up to him. Thankfully, the topic ‘Fashion’ brought them closer as both of them are interested in fashion.

“Do you think this one suits me?” Jessica asked for his opinion for umpteen times. She had tried out few dresses and none had got it approval from Jiyong. She wondered why didn’t she argue back but actually listen to his opinion.

He was star struck at first at how the long piece of dress fits perfectly on her until he gazed up to the top where he gave a disapproving gaze at how her cleavage was showing.

“You are attending a birthday party not a club, you are exposing too much. So no!” Jiyong pushed her back to the changing room with a piece of dress he had chose earlier while waiting that is not revealing for her and demanded her to change into it.

Jessica finds it amused by how over protective he is. She sees nothing wrong with the dress she chose but still changed into the piece he gave her. She sees herself in the reflection; she cannot help but to fall in love with it. This piece she’s wearing now was so much better than previous ones.

She once again showed herself to Jiyong who smiled with satisfaction and approval. The way she wore it brought out elegantly and a bit of iness from demure.

“You look breathtaking,” he held his gaze at her. Her face flushed red at his comment.

“Miss, I will be taking this,” Jessica told the lady.

“Really?” You are choosing this?” He asked in disbelief, he thought she will choose the one she personally chose.

“Is there any problem? I think it really looks good on me,” she said, smiling sweetly.

He shook his head and smiled back. His heart melts each time he witnessed her smiles to others and moreover, her smile is for him. He is jumping with joy.

“Thank you Jiyong shi for your time and patience,” she sincerely thanked him as they left the shop. Not a guy would possesses so much patience when comes to accompany girl for shopping so he had earned himself some good points from her.

“It’s nothing. I am glad I am able to help you,” Jiyong replied. He was so not in his usual self; Jessica had expected him to be very cocky in his reply.

“Do you like ice cream?” she asked suddenly.

“Why do you ask?” feeling puzzled.

“Because I love ice cream and I feel like having it now, do you know of any place that serves ice cream?” she told him.

“Ah! I know of a place, I will bring you there,” Jiyong snapped his finger.

It was only a few streets away from where they are. It was a little shop with only few tables set inside. Luckily, there weren’t much people during this hour so they are able to get themselves a table.

“What do you want? There’s a lot of variety,” Jiyong passed her the menu.

Jiyong watched her finger trailing along the menu. “There’s so much. I would like to taste all,” she pouted.

“Why not we order a champagne grape and vanilla with waffle?” Jiyong suggested.

“Okay, good combination,” she said.

Shortly, their ice cream served with waffle was served and they shared it. “Mmm… it’s so good.”

Jessica caught Jiyong staring at her. And again, her face turned red. Since don’t know when, every time Jiyong gazed at her, she find herself blush. “Is there anything on my face?”

“Uh- nothing,” he looked away, diverted his attention back on the ice cream. “You are making me falling so hard on you,” he muttered under his breath.

“What did you just said?” she asked.

“Nothing. This ice cream is really good,” he lied but she had heard it actually. Weirdly, she feels her heart pounds.

He chuckled silly. “Let’s come here again to try other favors.”

“Okay!” she exclaimed happily. “Together with Top Oppa.”

He gave a bitter smile. “Sure thing.”

***

 “Oppa!” Jessica shouted when she came out from her house.

“Where’s Jiyong?” she asked. Ever since she moved back to her home, the three of them would go school together. But today, she noticed that Jiyong wasn’t there.

“He’s sick. He’s having slight cough and running nose,” Top told her.

“Is it serious? Have he seen doctor?” she asked, worriedly.

“He had seen the doctor. The doctor suggested him to stay home for two days,” he informed.

“I see. I will visit him after school.”

“Don’t worry, he is fine,” Top patted her shoulder.

“I am not worried,” she denied. “Even if I am worried, it is naturally because he’s my friend.”

Top chuckled and teased, “Since when you and him are friends? I thought you dislike him.”

“We are running late for school Oppa, let’s get going,” she pulled him along, changing the subject.

During classes, she finds it bored and weird without Jiyong presence. Since they are seat mates, he would talk to her and . Suddenly, it became so quiet and she kind of missed it.

Once home, she packed the porridge she requested her mother to cook and brought it over to Top house. Luckily she had his house key and that both Top and his parents are not around, she entered the house and went up to Jiyong room.

She knocked onto the door softly before she turned the knob open. “Jiyong shi,” she whispered. The room was dark because of the closed curtains and from a glimpse of light from her phone, she saw him lying on the bed wrapping himself with blanket like a mummy.

She walked over to his side and put her palm onto his forehead. It was still hot. Jiyong fidgeted and woke up. “Gorjess…” he sat up and rubbed his eyes like a child. “What brings you here?”

“I brought you porridge. You must be hungry,” she said as she poured the contents into a small bowl.

“I am not hungry,” he sounded weak.

“But still you have to eat a bit,” she scooped the porridge and placed it in front of his mouth.

He opened his mouth and allowed her to feed her. He felt blessed and happy knowing that she cared about him. “Good boy,” she smiled as the porridge was finished.

“Thank you,” Jiyong thanked.

“Where’s your medicine?” she asked.

“There,” he pointed.

She took the pills and a glass of warm water. “It’s time for medicine.”

He obediently took the pills. His heart raced when she tugged him into his bed and patted his hair. “Rest well. I gotta go.”

“Don’t go. Stay with me please,” he grabbed her wrist, pleading. “Just a while.”

“Okay,” she agreed.

Then, he drifted to sleep very soon once the medicine takes effect. She felt sleepy in the process and fall asleep next to him with her head lay on his chest. Their hand was still entwined together.

Few hours later, Jiyong woke up. He looked beside him and saw the sleeping beauty next to him. He let out a smile. How I wish you were mine forever. She was like his medicine. Seeing her made him felt much better.

Jessica finally woke up and saw Jiyong watching her. “How are you feeling?” she checked his temperature.

“Thank god, your fever had subsided,” she was relieved.

They held their gazes at each other. An invisible force pulled them together and their lips touched. A rush of electricity ran through their body system. She quickly pulled back and ran out of the room. She touched her lip and felt the presence of his lip on hers. Her face was heated up. Jiyong, on the other hand, was grinning from ears to ears.

***

Jessica had been avoiding Jiyong ever since that day. She knew she cannot hide from him anymore when he spotted her at last and caught up with her. “We need to talk, Gorjess.”

“We don’t have anything to talk,” she flustered and walked away.

“I love you! You know how I felt towards you and I know you feel the same way as I do,” he shouted.

She halted her steps. Is he right? Does she feel the same way as him like what he said?

Jiyong ran to her and hugged her from behind. “Don’t avoid me. I was attracted to you from the day we first met. I love you. Give me a chance to love you and give yourself a chance to know if you truly love me.”

“I…”

She was shut when he claimed her lip.

She blushed madly. “Jiyong… you made my heart flutter.”

***

SOrry that it is a rushed ending.