My Mr Right (II) - KaiSica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

It was not another typical weekend for Kai, he was all geared up about to leave the house to golf course when his mother popped out of nowhere with all smiles, “Out for a date with Jessica?”

Kai poker faced and replied, “Is not a date mom, is more like a golf coaching session.”

The pair had been texting occasionally ever since last Saturday with Jessica the one who always send a morning text to Kai. Jessica had been waiting for Kai to make the first move, asking her out but to no valid. It was only few days ago, after learning that Kai interest in golf from her mother had her asking if Kai willing to coach her. It would thus create opportunity for them to meet again without her directly asking.

“Whatever it is son, I am really happy that you are finally going out with a girl,” his mother claimed proudly.

The next words from his mother mouth had caught his guard off, “Please ask Jessica over for dinner later. I would like to meet her in person.”

“Mom! We are just merely friends and barely know each other well; it is so awkward for me to invite her to our house,” Kai exclaimed nervously, he thought of how Jessica would react if he were to ask her over.  

“If you are not inviting her then I shall do it myself.”

“Alright fine you win, I will invite her but is up to her to decide,” Kai gave in with a soft sigh while his mom had a triumph smile plastered onto her face.  

“I am sure she would come. Come on, get your moving for your date,” his mother playfully slapped Kai and ushered him out.

Kai parked his car and carried down his golf set. Strangely, he was slightly nervous meeting Jessica the second time. Perhaps was because he had never interacted with girls alone.

“Annyeong Kai!” Jessica greeted him enthusiastically with her cheerful personalities and her signature sweet smile.

He walked towards her and greeted back. Jessica was simple dressed in a white clean tee and a short with her hair tied into ponytail hidden below her cap. She looked so bright and sporty. Kai was a real gentleman by offering to carry her bag. She smiled as she walked alongside him into the golf course.

They settled down and Kai prepared his golf sticks and balls, a set for Jessica. Very soon, Kai began to coach Jessica the very basic starting from how to position her body and how to grab onto the golf stick.

“You ready?” Kai asked and she nodded.

Kai watched how Jessica apply the technique he taught her, she positioned herself and tried to hit the ball but failed at her first attempt. She turned and looked at Kai with a pout; he was instantly melted by it.

Kai clapped his hand and comfort her with his kind words, “You are almost there, and you can do it.”

He leaned closer with his front touching her back causing Jessica heart pounding loudly. He placed his warm hand onto hers and practice with her on how to aim the ball and swing the stick.

“Your positon is correct, you just need to focus,” his breathe blew through her ears and tingled her soul.

Together, they held onto the stick and swung their waist in synchronized before finally hit onto the ball which flew meters away. She tilted her head up back when at the same time he looked down; their face was inches close and felt each other breathe. Their eyes locked in each other for moments and heat was gushing up Jessica cheek and weird adrenaline rushing through him. He felt his heart weakened as he gazed into her beautiful pair of eyes.

They finally broke their eye contact and he released her. Both felt so thirsty and grabbed their bottles. Jessica secretly smiled at what happened earlier. She wondered what makes him the man who had captured her heart the first time up till now.  She had no doubt fallen for him although he’s a man of few words. Perhaps it was what attracted her the most.

She stole a quick glance at Kai who was still drinking his water. He was full of charisma. She wanted him to feel the same way as she does for him.

Kai was incredibly shy right now, he don’t know how to react after earlier. His heart was beating at an eccentric rate. He had gulped down the whole bottle without knowing.

“Are you so thirsty?” Jessica chuckled, lightened up the atmosphere.

Kai choked and coughed, Jessica immediately went to his side and patted his back, attempting to make him better.

“Are you fine?” he nodded. “I’m good, thanks.”

“Shall we continue with our game?” she asked, already excited.

He smiled, “Please go ahead.”

Jessica was indeed a fast learner, she managed to hit the ball numerous times and each time she hit, she jumped up and gave a high 5 to Kai. She had showed several sides of her personalities in a day which was all he likes. She is very real.  

It was soon going evening, they packed up their bags. Jessica wanted to spend longer time with him so she took the initiative again, asking him for dinner.

“Oh! My mother actually had invited you to our house for dinner if you don’t mind,” Kai had his chance to inform her without feeling awkward.

She clasped her hand and shyly smile, “I’d love to.”

***

TBC....

Sorry to stop so adruptly again. I am using office hour to write a short update for all. Opps :x
Hope you enjoy reading :D