Iciness repel or attract (II) - JaeSica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

“Attention everyone attention,” Jaejoong spoke coolly through the Microphone at the stage located at centre of the cafeteria. Immediately, everyone stopped eating and swarmed in front of the stage looking at their Kingka and Queenka with eyes widened and mouth opened. They are surprised to see them standing on the same stage as they never ever once did.

“Yo Bro, do you know what’s happening?” Eunhyuk slapped Donghae back. Donghae said nothing but shrugged his shoulder and worn a sad expression which Eunhyuk did not manage to see.

“What’s Sica doing up there and especially with him?” Taeyeon also asked, puzzled.

“Guys listen, we have an important announcement to make,” Jaejoong manly voice managed to hush the noises created by the crowd though soft mumbling were audible.

“Both Jessica and I had come with an agreement between us and we want everyone here to be our witness. We had agreed to strip off our titles as Kingka and Queenka…” before he could continue, the crowd burst out with gasped except Donghae.

What?!?! Are they serious? No more Kingka and Queenka? What happened? These were the words spread amongst the crowd.

Jessica grew annoyed by the crowd and Jaejoong noticed it. He tapped the Microphone again to gather everyone attention. “Please let me continue. We have agreed to strip off our titles because we had made a bet with each other. And the loser will have his or her title strip. We want everyone here to be our witness.”

Bet? What bet? It aroused everyone curiosity and started to question if it was true. Jessica snatched the Microphone from Jaejoong hand and addressed the crowd. “Everyone, what Jaejoong said was all true. We will meet everyone here in a week time and tell you the result. Till then, see ya,” she smiled at the surprised Jaejoong.

“A week?” Jaejoong raised his brow.

“Yes, do you have a problem with a week? Or are you afraid that you are going to lose soon?” she smirked.

“Umm…” he walked towards him and whispered through her ears, “I have no problem with it. 1 week will be 1 week then. Let’s see who the winner is.”

1 week is just enough for you to fall in love with my charms and sincerity, he thought smiling to himself.

“Cool!” she faked a smile and elegantly walked down the stage which left the students in dumbfounded state. She met with her friends who bombarded her with all questions. She nodded and assured them that she will definitely not lose her position.

“Hyung, I have heard about it. Was it all true about the bet? What was the bet?” Changmin asked.

“We must make each other fall in love with each other and says out the three magic words and if one succeeds will be the winner, that’s all,” he smiled at the bet.

“Hyung! You know you had already lost the bet, aren’t you?” Changmin laughed and Jaejoong quickly covered his mouth. “Don’t be so loud. Others might hear you.”

Jaejoong began to reminisce the first time he met her during a family event when he was only 7 years old. She was wearing a flowly pink dress which matches her flawless skin, cute face and her braided hair. She looked exact like a princess and she had this alluring smile plastered on her face. She was seated next to him during dinner.

“Hi, I am Jaejoong. What’s your name?” he started his nervous conversation with her.

“I am Jessica,” she replied shyly and gave him that smile which captivated his heart since then though he was only seven.

“How old are you?”

“I’m six.”

“Then you should call me Oppa,” he grinned happily when she obliged and called him Oppa sweetly. Since then, they got closer as their parents were close and their strong built friendship was eventually broken after years after a small incident. Ever since, Jessica disliked him so much and soon they become loggerheads. But his love for her remains even though, but he kept it as a secret.

But now he wants to amend their broken relationship and to make her realize he was still the same Oppa she knew the first time. And through this bet, he is able to show her his sweet and thoughtful side and of course his love. He knew he had already lost but he just really hope that Jessica will fall for him for real. He cannot deny that he was super jealous whenever she was close with other man especially Donghae whom he know he has interest in her. What worse was that he had to act like he doesn’t care and then act mean to her in front of her but all these were just his pretence, he did all these to attract her attention and only through this, he can have the chance to talk to her.

***

The next day, he personally delivered her favorite sunflower to her in class which earned the girls envies. Jessica was surprised by him especially since when he knows she love sunflower. He had himself earned a point but Jessica thought it was just merely an act and trying to win her heart.

She took out a lunch box from her bag and handed to him, “This is for you. It is specially prepared by me,” she winked. Huh! You are so going to be touched by me.

“Thanks for your lunch box so do I have the honor to have lunch together with you?” he asked coolly. His heart was leaping with joy when she agreed though he knows that she agreed because of wanting to win the bet.

***

They were so silence over the lunch and they felt uneasy because they had never been so quiet before. Even when Jessica wanted to say something to upset him and trifled him into a meaningless quarrel, she decided not to because now her purpose was to make him fall in love with her. She needs to be gentle and sweet towards him in order to win.

“So how’s the lunch? Do you like it?” she smiled sweetly and asked.

“Yes I love it. It tasted so much delicious when it is prepared by you,” he replied truthfully but Jessica thought it was only sweet talk, so she ignored.

“So… how about a date after school tomorrow?” Jessica asked casually.

“Deal!” he was so happy and excited when she initiated a date with him.

***

They had their date as planned by Jaejoong. He brought her to movies and dinner and he was so himself as he joked with her. This made Jessica to miss their times when they were still children. Now, they behaved like they were friends and they felt happier when they don’t have to compete or bicker.

“I miss those times when we were young, all the laughter and fun,” Jessica commented out of a sudden when she saw a pair of kids playing swing together.

“Jessica…” Jaejoong called seriously and grabbed her wrist. She turned and stared at him with her pair of innocent eyes. He pulled her close and looked at her meaningfully.

She was nervous and could felt her heart raced unknowingly, she stuttered, “Yes?”

“You know we can still have all the laughter and fun if that misunderstanding did not happen,” he told sadly.

“It was not a misunderstanding, you told everyone that I was a just a spoilt brat and you want to be close to me because I am pretty and not because you love me,” Jessica spat after recalling the hurtful past.

“No Jessica, it was all misunderstanding. I said all that because I was a coward… I was coward to admit that I love you because I am afraid of the boys teasing and I don’t want you to feel pressurized by them. And I don’t even know how you feel for me then,” he looked down, still holding her pair of hand. At last, he had told her the truth and he was relieved.

Jessica was shocked by his words and started to process her confused mind. “You are such a Pabo, don’t you know how I feel about you?” she murmured softly.

Jaejoong looked up and blinked his eyes, “How do you feel about me?”

“I like you back then…” she confessed.

“How about now?” his eyes gleamed with hope.

“How about you?” she changed the subject.

“I love you ever since and never had change my feelings for you. That’s the reason why you never see me with other girls because my eyes were set on you solely.” He admitted.

“You lose!” Jessica announced happily, she felt over the moon to know that he love her like she did. Never did she know that actually her love for him grew each time they bicker though she kept denying.  

“I don’t care because I had already lose the moment I fell for you,” and he claimed her lip and she responded.

“I love you too,” Jessica confessed in the midst of their kisses.

“Let’s not fight anymore.”

“Yes never ever.”

In the end, their fights were only their cover of their love towards each other but their love grew with their fights. They called off the bet and announced to the rest that they had all lose. 

***

:) hope you like it.