My Mr.Right (III) - Kaisica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

Kai followed behind Jessica as she entered the small florist shop located along the quiet street which stretched through to Kai house.

“Annyeong Ahjumma!” she greeted the familiar old woman, politely and cheerfully.

“Kai, what flowers does your mother love?’ she asked and before Kai could even reply, she stopped him and instead she continued with a quick awkward laugh, “I’d love to guess.”

He found it amuse and nodded his head. He raised his brows with surprise when she actually guessed it correctly with only one try. “Tulips, isn’t it?” she answered with so much confidence.

“How you know?” Kai asked.

“Woman instinct,” she smiled.

“Ahjumma, can I get a bouquet of tulips please,” smiling so ever sweetly.

Kai finds it heartwarming and how thoughtful she is to even think of getting flowers for his mother. He doesn’t know why but he’s having a good feelings and great impression for her. It’s like she make him so comfortable and at ease with her every actions and words. “So Jessica, what’s your favorite flower?” somehow he is interested to know.

She tapped her finger on her lip and then her lip formed into a thin line, “I love sunflowers because they are so bright in colors, and it brings warmth.”

“Ah. I see,” he smiled. Not a typical roses but sunflower. You are really unique.

After getting flowers, they continued their ride back to his house with his mother already waiting at the door steps, ready to welcome them.

“Jessica, isn’t it?” Kai mother spoke.

“Annyeong aunty, this is for you. Hope you love it,” Jessica presented the bouquet to her.

“It’s so pretty. Thank you Jessica, how thoughtful of you,” she leaned in and hugged Jessica.

“You have grown into a fine and beautiful young lady,” she praised. “Come on in, make yourself home.”

“Yes aunty,” with Kai followed them behind. Kai had sensed that his mother already love Jessica.

“Son, please tour Jessica around while I prepared one last dish,” his mother suggested with a quick wink at him, it is as if signaling him that she love her and wants her to be his girlfriend.

“Aunty, do you need any help?”

“Ani, it will be done pretty soon. Just be with Kai,” his mother smiled.

“Jessica shall we?” his voice is so low and y as he whispered into her ears.

She followed him to a room which he introduced it as his room. She trailed her fingers on every piece of furniture she passed by so delicately and stopped when she saw a photo frame of Kai when he is a little boy.

“Kya! You are so cute when you are young,” she squealed as she holds onto the frame and turned back, happily showing it to Kai.

Her twinkling eyes and her sweet smile melts his heart unknowingly and it just simply brings so much joy to him. He wondered why was the last time he felt so relax and happy.

“Aren’t I cute even now?” he move towards her, shrinking the distance between them.

Jessica breathe hitched and her heart beat accelerated. He is making her so nervous in a good way.

“No, because you had transformed from a cute little boy to a charming man,” she said in almost a whisper.

They looked into each other eyes and it was just similar as earlier scene in the golf course. Within a day, they are already making each other heart beating so rapidly. It was something different, something new, something happy.

She was so attracted to him and she wondered how he felt for her. She wanted to ask him so badly. She wanted to confess her love for him too.

He gazed into her beautiful pair of innocent eyes. He was mesmerized by her good natured self. He had never met someone like her at all. She, surprisingly, make his heart raced. Suddenly, he had a strong urge of wanting her to be his.

He closer the distance with them could smell the heavy breathing. She pursed her lip and then parted, “Kai – “

“Jessica,” he breathed. “What have you done to me?”

She just looked at him, confused. He then continued, “You open my heart and make my heart raced. How could it be possible that I just started getting to know more about you today and this is our second meeting and I had unknowingly fallen in love with you? Is it possible to even happen because this is my very first, very first time feeling it this way? Why? Jessica Jung, I don’t want to admit it but you make me fall head over heels on you. I don’t know when my feelings developed, but right now.”  

She was out of words because she was shocked by his confession. She was smiling because she knew it was all possible. Her heart did a somersault inside because her love wasn’t one sided.

When he noticed she said nothing, he was kind of disappointed and discouraged because he had actually mustered up his courage and confessed to her.

“I’m sorry,” he shifted his weight behind. “I’m sorry that I actually scare you with my suddenness. I was too rude and hastened with my actions and words.”

Jessica grabbed his wrist and pulled him forward. Unexpectedly, she kissed him on his lip. Kai widened his eyes in shock but responded. Butterflies are flying within them as they kissed. They kissed briefly until Jessica whispered on his lip but loud enough for him to hear, “I love you, Kai. Even before you fell for me.”

She can feel his lip curled up into a smile against her. They sealed their love with another kisses. Until they heard his mother chiming that dinner’s ready. They broke their kisses, blushing madly before breaking into laughs. They interlaced their hand and with smiles, they walked down to the dining hall. 

*** The End ***