When pretence becomes real (II) - Topsica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

The relationship between Jessica and Top had developed fast and in a good way. They have been hanging out a lot too. And to much of Jessica surprise, she would always find Top at SM entertainment building waiting for her. He always showed up unexpectedly and not only that, each time he came, he will bring her favorite honey lemon drink, different types of flower, sending her home, having dinner and then take a stroll at a park nearby her dormitory.

She doesn’t know why is he doing all these but somehow she like it. All these acts from Top made Jessica felt like they are a real couple but unfortunately they are the pretence one. One of the nights and they were strolling the same route in the park. She asked in a jokingly tone, “Is Big Bang so hiatus? Why are you so free recently?”

“You don’t like that I am free?” he pouted.

“Of course not,” she quickly answered. “I like it actually but you shouldn’t waste your time here. You should spend more time with your love one.”

“I am spending time with my love one,” he gazed at her fondly. It made her heart skipped a beat. Is he referring to me?

“Ah Oppa, look those stars are so shining,” she changed the topic and looked up at the sky.

“Just like you,” he said.

“Neh?” she pretend she didn’t hear it.

“Nothing,” he smiled. One day I will make us real.

Jessica enjoyed talking to Top and soon it was late, and Top walked her home. “Goodnight Oppa. Drive home safely ok?”

When Jessica was about to enter, Top grabbed her wrist and spun her around. She looked at him weirdly and unknowingly her heart was thumping. Top made an unexpected and bold move; he leaned in and gave her a quick peck on her forehead. “Good night baby. Dream of me ok?”

She melted under the touch of him and weakly nodded. She was blushing madly as she watched Top drove off. Why did he kiss me? Why I get butterflies in my stomach?

She entered her dormitory and was immediately interrogated by the girls who pulled her to the sofa asking the same old question.

“Did you have fun?”

“Where did Top Oppa bring you to this time?”

“I wish I have a boyfriend like him.”

“Girls! I am exhausted, can you guys let me sleep now?” she used her puppy eyes.

“No way! Tell us everything before you sleep,” Hyoyeon ordered.

“Did you guys kiss?” she further asked and Jessica face began to turn red as she remembered the peck on her forehead. The touch of his lip still lingered on it.

The girls observed her reaction and Tiffany squealed excitedly, “Omo, you guys kissed!”

“What?!” Jessica gaped and quickly denied, “No!”

“Liar! Jessi, we lived under the same roof for years and you can’t escape with your lies under my pair of observant eyes,” Tiffany claimed proudly.

“Aren’t we sisters?” Yoona pouted sadly.

“Alright you guys win,” Jessica sighed.

“So?” the girls were expecting her answer.

“Ok, we did not kiss but he gave me a friendly good night kiss on… my forehead, that’s all,” she told.

“That’ so sweet…” they commented.

“Are you guys become an item already?” Taeyeon asked.

Jessica hold on firmly with her answer NO. The girls were disappointed, “You guys looked so real and are really a perfect match bestowed from heaven.”

Jessica admitted that they behaved like a couple and her heart was slowly opening up to him, allowing him to occupy a part of her heart. The confusing part is that she doesn’t know are his feeling for her real or what.

***

 

“Oppa,” Jessica eyes twinkled and smiled brightly as Top made his way coolly towards her.

“Hi Babe,” it made her flushed again. He began to uncap the bottle and gave it to her, “This is for you.”

“You did fantastic baby,” he added and flashed his killer wink that definitely melt ladies heart including hers. And she swears that she felt her cheek heated whenever he called her pet name.

“Gomawo Oppa, this is my favourite, honey lemon,” she exclaimed happily.

“I know it’s your favourite and it’s really good for throat too,” he smiled knowingly at her.

“Where did you buy from? It’s special,” she did a cute thumb up and grinned. Seeing her smiles never failed to brighten his day.

“You want to know why it is special?” he began to close their gap and whispered.

Jessica breath hitched and nodded, gazing at him with her accelerating heartbeat. “Well, that’s because I made it with all my heart.”

Before Jessica could reply, the next thing they knew was their lip glued to each other and Top was holding her waist. They looked at each other with their eyes wide open. “Girls look, they kissed!” Tiffany squealed as if she won an award. And why is that so? Because she was the one who pushed Jessica to Top and created this opportunity for them.

Jessica immediately pushed him away and apologized embarrassingly. Her glare immediately darted to Tiffany who smiled mischievously at them. “Tiffany Hwang!”

“Opps!” Tiffany quickly run away as Jessica chased after her.

Top was unable to react as he touches his own lip and smiled witty. “We kissed x3!” He can’t believe that they kissed though it was a quick and short one. He literally felt electrified. He was smiling until he felt someone shook him.

“Fany?” he looked at her.

“Oppa, help me! Jess is going to kill me,” she exaggerated.

“Where is she? I will talk to her,” he promised and she told him the direction they once went.

In the meanwhile, Jessica was grabbed by someone. She looked at him and gasped. “Kris?”

Kris continued to pull her along with him despite Jessica struggling and shouting. “Where are you bringing me to?”

Jessica flung her hand away from him and crossed it under her chest. “What do you want?!”

“What do I want?” he moved towards her and she stepped back until her back feel the wall.

He smirked, “I want you.” He then kissed her fiercely while she pursed her lip rejecting its entry. She tried to push him away but he was just too strong.

She tilted her face but failed because Kris just keeps kissing her all over. Without knowing, there was a man who witnessed it. His heart felt like million needles piercing through it. He walked away the scene dejectedly.

*Plak* “What do you think you are doing?!” there were tear stains on her face.

“Sorry Jess… I…” Kris flustered after seeing her cry. He then realized he was too much.

“You gave me a reason to hate you!” she hissed and run, sobbing.

She decided to call Top but he didn’t answer. “Oppa, where are you when I needed you?”

***

The next day, she was gloomy throughout the day because Top hasn’t contact her at all which was so unlike him. She had been calling him until a point that she gave up because she thought that he might be busy.

Finally, their schedule for the day ended and she was actually looking forward because she hopes that Top will be there at his usual spot waiting for her. But to her dismay, Top wasn’t there.

“Where’s Top oppa? Is he late today?” Taeyeon asked.

I wish I know where he is too… “Late!” yes he might be late since they ended their schedule a little early today. Maybe he is still coming.

“Girls, I will stay behind and wait for him. You guys can go first,” she informed.

“Ok love sick girl. But remember to be back before 11pm. We have schedule in the early morning,” Taeyeon ordered, being her leader self.

Jessica waited and waited but still no sign of Top. She sighed softly. “Do you think Top will be here always? Don’t he have other better things to do?” her inner self questioned.

“Jessica, you are hopelessly in love with him. Just admit it. You can’t do without him and you missed him and are too dependent on him already,” her inner self added.

Could it be possible that I love him already? She in returned asked herself leaving a big question mark.

“Your heart tells you the answer, Pabo,” it scolded.

She held onto her phone and strolled down her favorites contact- Top Oppa <3 She was about to press call but hesitated. He might be busy.

Without knowing, Top was standing far from the building but still able to catch a glimpse at his love. He saw her alone and seemed like she is waiting for someone and he secretly hopes she was waiting for him.

Why was he even here, he questioned. But he knows the answer pretty well because he miss her. Just a glimpse of her doing well will assure him. He was expecting she call him but sadly, his phone doesn’t ring. He was sad and wondered had she forgotten him already? But those calls from yesterday and today from her which he didn’t answer sure proved that she think of him right?  That’s the only way he comforted himself.

“Oppa, I miss you,” she finally admitted. She stood up about to leave and stopped when she heard someone calling her. She smiled and quickly turned back and frowned when she saw Kris.

“Gorjess,” Kris hug a bright smile on his face.

“Why is it you?” she suddenly asked, disappointed to see him.

“Neh?” he was confused. He grabbed her wrist, “I got something important to say.”

“What?” she snapped annoyed.

“Please,” his puppy eyes yet serious eyes made her give in.

“Fine, just 5 minutes!”

“Just 5 minutes,” he assured with a smile

“Why did you think she was waiting for you? She doesn’t need you anymore. She had Kris, she chosen Kris despite all these while with me trying to make her realized that I am in love with her,” once again he left with a broken heart.

“So what?” she snapped.

“I am sorry, really sorry about yesterday,” he apologized sincerely. “I hope you will forgive me.”

Jessica said nothing and looked away. “I know that you and he are truly in love. I promised I won’t interfere between you guys though it hurts to know that you had found your true love. Still I am happy for you.”

Did she mishear what he just said? “Alright, I forgive you,” she decided after seeing how sincere he was.

“Thank you Jess!” he gave her a light hug.

“Still friends?” he asked.

“Friends,” she smiled.

“I am glad that you found the one who really love you. I can see that he was so into you,” Kris said.

She smiled half heartedly. Everyone had been telling her how fortunate she was to have Top and even her members said that they looked so real only she the pabo hadn’t realize it.

“Thanks Kris! I really need to go now,” she felt enlightened. No doubt, she love Top and that’s the answer her heart gave her.

She quickly called Top and again, no one answered. She then called Jiyong and asked for Top whereabouts. She was notified he was in his dormitory and knocked the door nervously. The door opened to revealed Jiyong who was surprised to see her. “Hi Jiyong Oppa, I need to talk to Top.”

“Sure, he’s in his room. But let me warn you, he seemed to be unhappy and moody,” Jiyong warned. “I never see hyung so upset before.”

“I know what to do, thanks Oppa,” she smiled though she really no idea why is he upset.

“Here’s his room key. Don’t tell him I gave it to you, apparently he locked himself,” Jiyong gave her the key and she thanked him gratitude.

She inserted the key and click opened the door. She saw him lying on the bed restlessly and blushed when she realized he hadn’t had his shirt on. Those abs are so tempting and she can’t take her eyes off.

“Oppa,” she softly called.

“Jess? Is that you?”

“Yes Oppa, it’s me.”

“Don’t come near me, just go,” he covered himself with the blanket.

“Why Oppa? I had something to tell you and you didn’t answer my calls. You know I am worried.”

“Why would you? Just go, I don’t want to see you,” he said under the blanket.

Jessica was hurt. Why was he being so harsh to me?

But she is not leaving, she needs to tell him or confess to him. She approached the bed and sat beside him; trying to remove the blanket he covered himself.

“Don’t!” his voice was obviously sounded sad.

“Oppa, why are you avoiding me?” she asked sadly.

“No, I don’t feel good. Please just leave,” he urged. He just doesn’t want to see her especially now he was not in his right state.

“I am not leaving until you sit up and talked to me,” she said stubbornly.

Finally she removed the blanket and due to the force she had, she fell down with her face attaching on his. Her lip found its way to his and gently kissed him. He responded and they kissed for a long time before they part for air.

Jessica looked away feeling her cheek burning. Top sat up, heart beating crazily. That was their first real kiss and was only the one she initiated. He wrapped his arm around her waist from behind. And they stayed like this for awhile. He even tightened the hug and smelled her hair.

She snuggled closer to him and had a huge grin plastered on her face. This moment was the moment she felt secured and bliss. “Oppa…” she sweetly called and titled her head back and gazed at him dearly.

“I love you,” Top finally confessed even though he knows that she is with Kris now.

“Oppa… I…”

“Shh… don’t say anything. I know… Let us stay like this longer,” he cut her.

Soon, he released his arm. “Jess thank you for the wonderful memories over the past few days. Even though it was just a short time, I am still very happy. Being able to be your boyfriend although a fake one, you wouldn’t know how happy I was. It was like my prayer had been heard. I love you though I cannot own you. I will let you go and I hope you won’t come and find me. Let me heal my wounded heart on my own.” “And I sincerely wish you all the best with Kris. As long as I know you are happy, I will be too.” He said with much difficulty.

“What?” she reacted. “Oppa, I am not with Kris, what makes you think that I am with him?”

His eyes were wide opened and speechless. “Don’t tell me the reason why you wouldn’t pick up my calls and you didn’t come today because you assumed I am with Kris?”

“I was there when I saw you guys kissing and just now, you left with him,” Top answered in a low tone.

“Oppa, you get in wrong. You misunderstood! Kris and I are friends now, we have clear thing up just now. And those kiss was all he forced onto me. Oppa, I am here because I want to tell you…” she took a deep breath and cupped his face, “I love you Oppa.”

“Are you serious?”

“I am dead serious Oppa, I love you. Will you give this Pabo a chance? I want you Oppa to be my official boyfriend.”

“Of course baby, you don’t know how long I was waiting for this day,” he carried her in bridal style happily planting kisses on her face. 

***

I hope you guys enjoy reading <3 

I spent the whole night writing so I really appreciate some comments from you guys ^.^

It's quite disheartening to know I lost subscriber, if you don't want to subscribe its fine but if you subscribe and then decided to unsubscribe, pls don't subscribe in the first place 3