Because love can - Susica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

Glorious sun shone brightly and its clear vast blue sky spread through the outskirt of Seoul University. “Have a nice day, Miss Jung,” her personal chauffeur opened the car door for Jessica who elegantly stepped out from it. It was a new semester.

“Thank you, Mr Lee,” Jessica bowed politely at him. She doesn’t welcome the idea proposed by her dad who insisted of getting a chauffeur for her safety. Though it is common to see her other peers being chauffeur because kids studying here are all from upper class and their parents are either presidents of a company or politician. She preferred to remain low profile but it was impossible at all because all kids know that her dad was the major shareholder of Seoul University while her mother was a well-known figure in the world of politician. Other two minor shareholders were Yoona and Sehun parents.

“Sica!” Yoona spotted the petite figure that had the most beautiful blond hair.

“Yoong!” Jessica smiled brightly and waved at her best friend. Yoona is tall, very attractive and elegant lady who had many suitors although the number of boys pursuing Yoona was on par with hers.

They gave each other a sisterly hug. “I miss you!” both exclaimed at the same time. Jessica was away throughout the whole month of vacation at US.

Yoona extended her hand and pouted cutely, “Where’s my gifts?”

Jessica playfully slapped her palm. “Miss, I got you two big luggage of stuff just for you! I can’t possibly carry all the way from home to here. Later we can go home together and collect your goodies,” she winked.

“You the best!” Yoona smiled sheepishly and hugged her from the side. “If only I wasn’t got stuck at my mum office, I would definitely join you and I believe two luggage aren’t enough,” Yoona laughed.

“Oh! I heard that there’s a new student who will be joining our class and it’s a boy,” Yoona eye smiling. “But he was transferred to here on a scholarship. I heard that he belong to the lower class,” she continued with a shrug.

“Really?” Jessica was surprised because the school policy was made that no student should be allowed based on scholarship. This is surprising news and she was shocked that the board of directors made an exceptional.

She only remembered that she had once mentioned to her dad that he should give a chance to potential brainy students who can’t afford the school fee to further excel in here. She had seen many students aren’t smart enough but because they are rich so they can study here. She secretly smiled knowing her dad is taking her little advice to heart.

Yoona flashed a smile sensing that Jessica is showing interest in something happening in school for the first time. She nodded, “I wonder how he looks like.”

As they are approaching the main hall as it is an annual routine for assembly, they spotted Sehun and buddies are leaning against the wall. Sehun eyes sparkled when he saw Jessica and Yoona.

“Morning ladies,” Sehun greeted with a wide smile, eyes on Jessica.

“Morning hunnie,” Yoona beamed.

“Morning Hun,” Jessica smiled.

“I miss you!” he pulled her in for a quick hug.  Jessica wasn’t expecting it but still hugged him back. “You’ve became prettier since that last time I saw you,” he ruffled her silky hair.

Jessica rolled her eyes at him and pouted, “I’ve always pretty.”

The three are childhood friends because of their parents close relationships. Jessica knows Yoona had a thing for Sehun although she denied for umpteen times. Yoona knows that Sehun loves Jessica because he had confided to her once. Yoona knows she had no chance as it was one sided love after all. Sehun knows that Yoona like him but he can’t reciprocate back the love because he only had eyes on Jessica who is till now oblivious about his feeling though he had express much of himself. He is still slowly mustering up his courage to confess to her one day – soon. It was just complicating and mutual love aren’t reciprocate.

After the assembly, they are dismissed back to their classes. Jessica finds it weird that she is actually excited to meet the new boy. Sehun was next to her and whispered to her ears which made her to jolt slightly. “Have you got anything for me?”

Jessica pretended to hesitate and fake an apologetic face, “Sorry Hun, I didn’t get you anything.”

Ouch! It hurts him. “Really nothing at all? Not even a small souvenir?” he asked sadly.

Seeing how his expression changed, Jessica linked her arm around his. “Of course I get you something!” she smiled sweetly.

Because Sehun and Jessica parents are closer so naturally they grew much closer like brother and sister except that Sehun developed something more for her. However, Jessica only treated him like her own brother.

They entered the class and resumed to their respective seats. Yoona and Jessica were seated next to each other while Sehun was seated just behind them. Their teacher then came in with someone and Jessica had her eyes laid on the boy. He was tall; hair neatly shaved and wore a cute thick spectacle. She must admit that he was smart looking yet a little nerdy feel in him since he was carrying a big back bag and books on hand.

He introduced himself as Suho and asked for his peers to look after him. He was a little nervous so he stammered in his words and some of them snickered at him. Jessica snorted at her arrogant peers. She glanced up and Suho eyes met her. Strangely, her heart skipped a beat. She had seen too many handsome boys in school but none caught her eyes. However, this boy in front of her, was definitely not the charmer but still attractive enough to grab her attention.

On the other hand, Suho was nervous and his palms sweat. He felt the tense pressure from the surrounding because he knew that this university are all the rich attends and he did not fit in here at all. They are all from upper class but he belongs to the lower class. He knows everybody is going to scrutinise and treats him differently. The world is realistic. But he still accepted the scholarship given to him and attends this university because he knows that he need the certificate so badly, not only that but also he will get the recognition if he were to apply a high end job to support his family.

He briefly scanned the class, there were about only estimated 20 students as compared to his previous class of 40 students. This is the difference between the prestigious and neighbourhood school. His aim was simple, he just wants to finish his education here and he knows he will excel.

He is not here to make friends and he knows it is highly unlikely anybody would want to be friend with him as well. His eyes made contact with a blonde hair girl who had a shy smile on her face. She was pretty but he immediately broke the eye contact and diverted his eyes elsewhere. He is not here to find romance either.

The teacher assigned him to sit with Sehun whose seat next to him had been vacant for some time. Suho made his ways to his assigned seat. He felt uncomfortable when all are staring at him as he walked past by and he knows people are whispering about him. As he walked past Jessica table, he took timid glance at her and saw a sweet smile plastered on her face for him.

“Aren’t he cute?” Yoona whispered to Jessica ears. 

Jessica finds herself replying to Yoona, “He’s cute.” Yoona stared at Jessica in disbelief. She hadn’t heard Jessica agreeing to what she praises about one guy appearance before.

“Is there anything on my face?” Jessica asked when she caught Yoona staring at her.

“You just said he’s cute,” Yoona squirted her eyes.

“Uh? No, I – ,” Jessica was trying to find an excuse for herself.

“Ladies, attention,” the teacher was her saviour. 

***

TBC

A typical storyline. I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting and I hate to say that I need to divide the story into two parts because time forbided me sitting down for hours to write. I am busy but I won't use this as an excuse, I will try to come back soon with a new update. 

xoxo!