The masquerade (I) - Krissica

Jessica & the boys short stories collection

 

The annual masquerade is what all students are looking forward to especially Jessica and her friends who are the committee of this year masquerade ball.  Jessica, Tiffany and Taeyeon, the Queenka of high school are overly excited about their ideal masquerade theme. They want to create an unforgettable moment for everyone. To become a committee is not easy as they have to go through interview and draft up elite proposal for the chairman who will then decide who is up to the task. They are extremely grateful for this chance as this is their final year and also it was their dream come true.

This masquerade is unlike any others, because in the event, there will be tv reporters who will be doing filming and as well as interviewing. The girls would not dare to mess up. They are verymeticulous in choosing the function location, decorations and the dance choreography. They insisted all ladies and gentleman to be dresses in only one particular costume. The ladies will be gown while the gentleman to be suited as for their theme is Cinderella & her prince.

The Queenka are all assigned to their individual role. Jessica is in charge of choreography, Taeyeon on the other hand is in charge of the decoration and Tiffany is in charge of the costume.

“Hi everyone!” Jessica greeted the unexpected crowd gathered in front of her in the huge dance studio.

Jessica is a very confident young lady and she is also very charismatic. She is very surprised by the unexpected attendance. Even facing the whole crowd which she guesses probably more than half of the school had turned up for her dance lesson; she is not feeling least nervous at all. She is a perfectionist so she insisted that everyone who are joining the ball to attend her professional waltz lesson.

 In school, Jessica is well known professional dancer and she had won numerous trophies and never had she fall behind the second position. And for this ball, she had also choreographed her very own unique waltz. She is so excited about it and fantasizes how it will actually be like on the actual day.

“Afternoon, Sica seonsaeng,” a loud chorus was heard among the crowd. She then spotted it was EXO who was the Kingka and her best friends too.

She smiled at them and can’t help but to notice him, who is standing at his position grumpily. He seemed to have been forced to come. When their eyes meet, she quickly shifted her attention to somewhere else.

“I will showcase the waltz to everyone first before the actual lesson starts,” she announce with smiles.

Then, a man emerged and stood by her side, circling her waist. He is very eye catching and handsome that the girls starting squealing excitedly.

“This is Eunhyuk, he will be my dance partner for the lessons,” she introduced.

“Hi ladies,” he greeted flirtatiously at the girls.

“Sica, who is he? Is he your boyfriend?” Kai asked with a hint of jealously.

was gaped opened and she stifled a laugh. Before she could reply, Lay probed, “Sica, since when do you have a boyfriend?”

“Hey guys please do not have any design on my girl because she is mine,” he tightened his grip on her waist. Everyone was shocked and her eyes quickly scanned through that man who still firmly holds his expressionless face.

“He is spouting nonsense, please do not listen to whatever he said,” Jessica quickly cut in. Now, the jealous Kai, Lay, Sehun and Luhan were grinning because they know they still stand a chance.

Jessica elbow punch Eunhyuk chest and he cringed embarrassingly. He darted his eyes at her as she looked nonchalantly at him. “Music start,” she snapped her finger and as cue, once the romantic music was played in the background.

The two synchronised to each other movement and presented to a very elegant dance. The girls as well as the boys were totally awed. They danced so beautifully that the girls can’t wait to learn and they swayed their body to the music. There was one specific eyes glued on Jessica, his heart thumped whenever they had eye contact when she was spun and landed on the spot where she could see him.

The music stopped and everyone clapped their hands. No wonder Jessica was titled as the princess of dance, she easily pulled off the stance of princess and dance breathlessly. 

“Saranghae-yo Jessica,” the boys chimed smitten. The one she loves didn’t show any affection to her whereas his buddies are openly expressing their love to her.

The lesson began with Jessica asking them to do warm ups, she taught them the steps and followed by choosing a partner to practice. When Kai, Lay, Sehun and Luhan were vying for Jessica to be their partner and she was troubled on who to choose, he come forward to help her.

“Guys, knock it off. She is taken,” with that, he pulled her away. He didn’t realize that she was blushing away.

“Hyung!” the boys called.

“Kris…” she called his name so delicately but he said nothing, keeping his poker face.

Jessica was contented even though they aren’t talking because at least they are so close that she could clearly see how flawless his face is. Without knowing, her heart just keeps pounding when they clasp their hand together.

But this moment is really short as they have to change partner. This is the part of the dance routine which will happen on the actual day. This is to allow every lady to have a chance to dance with different man.

After dance, Jessica met up with the Taeyeon and Tiffany who is still busying with putting up the decoration. “You know what?!” exclaimed Jessica.

The duos stared at her for a long time figuring what is ‘what’ she is talking about until Jessica finally solved for them, “I danced with Kris.”

Taeyeon poked her head and scolded playfully, “Can you not be too obvious Jessica?”

“Ya right Jess, sometimes you need to play the role of hard to get,” Tiffany agreed.

Taeyeon and Tiffany know how much Jessica adores Kris even he have an infamous icy look.

“But at least we have our very first contact,” Jessica said dreamily.

“Why don’t you accept Kai, Lay, Luhan or Sehun whom they treated you as their centre of attention instead of Kris?” they suggested.

Everyone knows that these 4 boys have a great obsession on Jessica, in a good way but she treated them like her brothers.  She knew Kris is a man of few words but she believes that one day, she will melts his icy heart.

“But I just prefer Kris more,” she admitted shyly.

“Aigoo...” they chimed and the three chuckled.

Just then, EXO entered the huge hall. Baekhyun immediately dashed to Taeyeon side and planted kisses on her forehead while Suho hugged Tiffany. Their lovey dovey acts causes envy from Jessica. She wishes that she could be like them, to be loved, to be kissed and to be hugged.

But actually she is very pampered and loved by the four guys in front of her who are giving her bottles. Unknowingly, her eyes caught Kris who is staring at her. But like as always, he will immediately look away and then avoided her. She sighed softly and thought what she can do to bring their relationship to a closer point.

Slowly, they all started working on the decoration with the help of EXO. Jessica was climbing the ladder with one of her hand busy with the banner. Suddenly, she felt the ladder shaking and she missed a step. She screamed as she fall. I’m gonna be dead.

No?

She then realizes she was lying on top of a well built body and everyone who heard her scream surrounded them. They were in an awkward position whereby Jessica was on top of Kris who is hugging her waist.

“Sica! Kris! You guys ok?”

She felt the hand loosened from her waist and heard a soft groan and upon realizing her weight is pressing on him, she quickly gets off. “Sorry. Are you ok?”

For once, she saw something more than his poker face and soul-less eye and it was worried. “I’m fine. How about you? Did you injure anywhere?” He lifted her hand to check on her elbow and then her knee.

“Luckily there isn’t any abrasion,” he said.

“Thank god nothing happened to both of you!” Taeyeon was relief so does the rest.

“Thank you if not for you, I will be injured and unable to attend the ball,” she smiled.

“I glad you are fine,” and for the first time, she witnessed that he was smiling. His smile was for her.  

TBC...

Hi guys, hope you guys aren't disappointed that it is a Krissica shot :x because I think that Kris really matches the main lead in this chapter & I have added some Exo members in here too. Exosica interactions will be on next chapter so please look forward to it :D

I really adore krissica and I promise after Krissica, I will be writing Haesica shot because I misses Haesica too. 

So please comments, subscribe okok? <3