We're getting awkward.

Maknae Still Believes in Fate!

=Yumi's POV=

 

"T-thank you" 

Wait. D-did I just say that?

Shock spread through Kyuhyun-ssi's face. He looked like he just saw a ghost, which was definitely not a good sign.

Thank you? Jung Yumi, seriously?!

What does that even mean??

"Thank you! For ruining the cake, Cho Kyuhyun." I sarcastically exclaimed.

"O-ohh." Kyuhyun-ssi muttered as he started to calm down as well.

*sigh* That was a close one.

"One Happy Family?! What?!" My father suddenly appeared and cleared out the tension.

Thank you so much, Appa!

"Why? Isn't it lovely, honey?" Umma asked back.

My mother really has this liking over Kyuhyun-ssi. She's really fond of him.

"Aigoo~ Our Yumi-ssi seemed happy to see it too, right Yumi-ah?" Umma stared at me with hope-filled eyes.

"W-what? Why would I be happy about it? Kyuhyun-ssi has been a part of this family since quite some time now. He's my best friend, remember?" I literally emphasized the tone of my voice in the word 'best friend'.

"Aish. Best friend, you say. Your father and I started as something like that too." She muttered.

"Umma!"

"Yah yah, that's enough you two. It's time for dinner already." Appa came in between.

"Ugh. Arasso. I'll just get the dishes." Umma stated.

My mother really gets childish over these kind of things. She's watching too much TV drama nowadays.

"Of course, Kyuhyunnie's staying for dinner, right~?" My mother cooed from the kitchen.

"O-okay, Auntie." Kyuhyun-ssi called out as he went back to his seat.

Crap.

Why does it feel like it's going to be a very awkward family dinner?

---------------

"Aniyo! You sit beside Kyuhyun-ssi." Umma stated as she pushed me towards the seat in front of my usual place.

What the? What the hell is wrong with my mother today?!

I cautiously took my seat beside Kyuhyun-ssi.

I actually saw Kyuhyun-ssi smile a bit from my peripheral view.

He's liking it, isn't he?

Kekeke~ 

Oh Crap.

God.

Am I...liking it too??

. . .

I can't. This can't.

This dilemma can't be happening again!

I started chomping down the food without even bothering to chew or taste it.

I wanted to finish this as fast as I could, I wanted to be alone from my room as fast as I could,

I wanted to be away from Kyuhyun-ssi as fast as I could.

I know. That's like the most inappropriate thing to do, considering that he is my best friend. But I just...

This feeling just keeps getting stronger and stronger whenever I'm with him.

"ACK!" *cough* cough* cough*

Before I knew it, I choked on my own thoughts.

But really, I literally choked.

"Yumi-ah! Are you okay?" Appa looked at my choking, pitiful state.

"K-Kyuhyun-ssi*cough cough* please-please pass*cough* the water!!"

"O-oh!" 

Kyuhyun-ssi immediately handed me a glass of water, and after a few moments, I was back in a good state.

"Whew. Good thing Kyuhyunnie's here!" Umma yelled out.

Ugh. Please mother, don't start this again.

"I think Kyuhyunnie would make a good husband, don't you think, Yumi-ah~?" 

Aish. I almost choked on the water I was drinking!

Did she just got drugged by Kyuhyun-ssi or something?

I can see Kyuhyun-ssi getting shocked too with my mother's blunt comment.

"Umma! Why do you keep pairing us up? I told you. Kyuhyun-ssi is my best friend. He's a part of this family. And I naturally consider him my brother, umma. Just my brother." I raised my tone to make sure that I was telling her to stop.

"Brother?? Oh-" her eyes suddenly lit up.

"Why don't you call her oppa then!"

"WHAT?" Kyuhyun-ssi and I answered in unison.

She's really gonna get it later.

"Well come to think of it, the two of you have been considering each other best friends. Yet the both of you are still so formal with each other. With the Kyuhyun-ssi - Yumi-ssi name calling and all that." 

Well, she actually has a point here.

I consider Kyuhyun-ssi my best friend,

and I'm pretty sure he considers me as his best friend too. 

But why can't we be casual to each other?

I guess it's just...I don't know.

It's gonna be too awkward!

It's like, we've been so used to being formal with each other, that if I start calling him 'oppa' now, it might convey a different meaning for him.

And I'm afraid,

that it might convey a different meaning for me as well.

I'm afraid that if I get too close,

I'm gonna be attached to him more,

and this feeling, 

what I'm feeling right now,

this might turn into something more.

Something ugly.

Something incontrollable.

Something unstoppable.

"Y-Yumi-ssi, are you okay?" Kyuhyun-ssi tapped my shoulder.

Have I been wandering off in my thoughts again?

"M-mmm." I mumbled quietly.


=Kyuhyun's POV=

 

Auntie's been really weird today.

I mean, she kept pairing me up with Yumi-ssi!

It's actually not a bad thing though, 

I guess for me it isn't.

I just don't want Yumi-ssi to start feeling awkward with me.

I want her to stay close with me,

cause if she starts to move further and further away,

I might actually lose any chances of being with her.

And that, I never want to happen.

Ever.

Auntie wanted me to stay for dinner tonight, and of course, I couldn't bare to refuse.

Even if by now the members would probably be all mad as hell with me for being late for practice, since our comeback is literally only a few, few days away.

I obediently went back to the dining room and sat on a seat beside Yumi-ssi's father.

We were about to eat, when Auntie suddenly said something that caused me to be taken aback.

"Aniyo! You sit beside Kyuhyun-ssi."

Auntie.

You're making this hard for the both of us.

For some reason, Yumi-ssi looked really worried as she took her seat beside me.

She looked uncomfortable, like she didn't want to be close to me.

Like she didn't want me.

Yumi-ssi didn't even take any glance at me and started to eat her food as fast as she could, not even taking a few moments to chew them down.

This is bad. She might choke on her food.

Guess what, my premonition was right.

Before I knew it, she was gulping down the glass of water I panickly gave to her.

"Whew. Good thing Kyuhyunnie's here!" Auntie suddenly exclaimed.

She's at it again.

"I think Kyuhyunnie would make a good husband, don't you think, Yumi-ah~?" 

Auntie's seriously drowned in my charms. HAHAHA~

"Umma! Why do you keep pairing us up? I told you. Kyuhyun-ssi is my best friend. He's a part of this family. And I naturally consider him my brother, umma. Just my brother.

Yumi-ssi, that actually hurt.

but of course, Auntie's just too persistent.

"Brother?? Oh-" 

"Why don't you call her oppa then!"

"WHAT?" Yumi-ssi and I answered in chorus.

Don't get me wrong here, I wasn't shocked because I didn't like it. I was just shocked because I didn't know that Auntie's liking for me has already gone to the point where she would think about me being her official son-in-law.

That actually made me feel proud about myself. Kekeke~

"Well come to think of it, the two of you have been considering each other best friends. Yet the both of you are still so formal with each other. With the Kyuhyun-ssi - Yumi-ssi name calling and all that." 

Hmm. Good point though.

Yumi-ssi didn't answer. She didn't answer for a good five minutes.

I could almost hear crickets in the air for that long pause.

And there, I finally decided to break the ice.

"Y-Yumi-ssi, are you okay?" I tapped lightly on Yumi-ssi's shoulder.

What is she thinking about?

She then looked at me, anxiety and shock filled her expression.

I don't know why, but it suddenly felt like she didn't want me to touch her, or do anything to her atleast.

"M-mmm." Yumi-ssi mumbled quietly.

"I...think I'm tired." Yumi-ssi mumbled.

Is this her way of telling me that I should leave already?

Understood, Yumi-ssi.

"Oh, I also have to go. We still have practice. Thank you for the dinner, Uncle, Auntie."

"Arasso. Take care, Kyuhyunnie. Yumi-ah, bring Kyuhyunnie to the door."

"Yes."

Yumi-ssi and I walked to the door in eye-twitching silence. No one dared to say a word, or even look at each other. Those 10 seconds of silence felt like 10 minutes. It was just started to be...plain awkward.

We were finally outside already.

"So...I'll go now."

"Mmm."

"Goodnight. Take care." I nodded and proceeded to go.

"Goodnight." Yumi-ssi whispered and went back inside.

Why?

I couldn't even hug her anymore...

What's happening...to us?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Back with an update! :DD I feel like I've been letting Kyu baby suffer too much. ^.^ Don't worry, it'll be better. Someday. Kekeke~ @raraskyu I hope this chapter answered your question on why they were still using formality towards each other. ^^ But I really appreciate the comment! Kamsahamnidaaa~)