My Cure

Maknae Still Believes in Fate!

=Kyuhyun's POV=

 

I woke up to Teukie hyung's voice calling out my name. I opened my heavy eyelids and felt dizziness spread through my head.

"Kyuhyunnie, wake up. Hyung bought you some porridge. You need to eat so that you'll recover fast." Teukie hyung shook my leg and put down the porridge at the table beside my bed.

*sigh* I still feel like crap. 

I slowly sat up and opened my mouth as Teukie hyung fed me the porridge.

I can't even taste it.

Ugh. Did my taste buds crash down as well?

I forced myself to swallow all the food hyung was giving me, even though my throat still hurt like hell.

Siwon hyung dashed into the room with Donghae and Eunhyuk hyung, worry spread across their face.

"Kyuhyun-ah, why? What happened?" Siwon hyung asked with his thick, furrowed eyebrows.

"What happened to you? Why is our maknae sick?" Donghae hyung sat beside me and wiped my mouth with tissue.

I just shrugged my shoulders. as I still couldn't talk because of my awful sore throat.

"Hmm. Where did you go yesterday night? It was probably because of that." Eunhyukkie hyung muttered.

Oh right, last night...

Yumi-ssi!

I turned to the table and grabbed my phone. I opened the home screen and saw five new messages.

I hurriedly opened my inbox and read each message.

From: Manager hyung. deleted.

From: Siwon hyung. deleted.

From: Shindong hyung. deleted.

From: Sungminnie. deleted.

From: Yumi.

Wait, was that what I thought it was?

From: Yumi.

I stared at the message for a few moments to make sure that I wasn't just hallucinating. After a few minutes, I opened the text message.

"Hi, Kyuhyun-ssi! How are you? Sorry for bothering you, but I just want to ask if Siwon oppa is okay? Cause I heard somewhere that a Super Junior member is sick, and I just thought It'd be better to ask you. ^^ Sorry for bothering. ^_^"

I'm dying right now and all she could think about is still Siwon hyung.

*sigh* It didn't even cross her mind that I was actually the one who was sick.

Whatever. At least she texted me. That's all that matters.

I wanted to text her, but man, almost all the members are in my room right now. What the hell should I do?

Ah! got it.

I texted Teukie hyung,

"Teukie hyung, I think I wanna rest now. Could you please tell the other members to get out already? Thank you hyung, Sarangae~ ^^"

After a few seconds, Teukie hyung was dragging the members out of my room.

"Goodnight Kyuhyunnie, get well, okay?" Siwon hyung smiled and shut the door.

Finally, alone at last.

I grabbed my phone and thought of what to say to Yumi-ssi.

Hmm. What should I tell her?

"Don't worry, Yumi-ssi. It's not Siwon hyung, it's...Sungmin hyung, actually."

I waited for her reply, and after a few minutes, she texted back,

"Oh, really?! Tell Sungmin-ssi to get well soon. It's a relief that oppa's okay."

"Okay, I'll tell him. So, how was your day?"

"Well, tiring, as usual. There were a lot of customers today. Oh, Leeteuk-ssi actually bought Sungmin-ssi's porridge from here. Kekeke~"

"Really?! so that's how you knew that Sungmin was sick?"

"Well, kind of. ^^"

Yumi-ssi and I texted each other for more than an hour.

She told me what happened in her day, what her assignments for school were, what type of professors does she have, how's her college life, and a whole lot of other things.

I fought back against my headache, fever, and sore throat, and did everything to not fall asleep yet.

After a while, my head started to terribly ache again. My phone vibrated which signalled another text from Yumi-ssi.

"Kyuhyun-ssi, I still have school tomorrow so I have to sleep already. I'll text you when I can, goodnight! hope you sleep well. ^^"

She actually wishes for me to sleep well. Heehee~

I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"Arasso, sleep well too. Goodnight! Hope you have a nice day tomorrow. (^.-)"

I placed my phone underneath my pillow. I still couldn't believe I texted with Yumi-ssi tonight.

We were getting closer and closer to each other, and even though I know how much she loves Siwon hyung, I can't help but have the determination to fight more for her feelings.

It's going to be a long wait, I know that.

But somehow, deep inside me,

I know that the wait is definitely gonna be worth it.

My body actually felt better after knowing that she's in my life now,

just the thought of her made me feel like I'm in cloud nine.

tablets, pills, porridge,

those things couldn't make me better.

All I needed now to feel better is Yumi.

She's my tablet.

She's my pill.

She's my porridge.

She's my cure.

How lucky I am to have you in my life now, Yumi-ssi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------