Yumi's Problem

Maknae Still Believes in Fate!

=Yumi's POV=

 

It's actually a Sunday today, and I decided not to go to work but stay home for the day,

as I actually forgot to do something very important.

Something that would actually decide my future as an individual.

It's a life and death situation here, alright?

Because of my fun-filled, Everland trip with Kyuhyun-ssi yesterday, I forgot that I have this 50 item take home Algebra test.

Yes, you heard it right. It's Algebra we're talking about.

To make it worse, I just found out that this test was actually due tomorrow.

Yes. In front of me was a 50 item, take home Algebra test, and it was due tomorrow.

Life freaking .

I had no time to waste here. I called for a sick leave on my job, and promised that i would not do anything else today other than to answer this test. 

If I could actually even answer it.

After three hours of trying to answer my test, I was able to finish 15 items.

15 out of 50. Great, Yumi, just great.

I actually tried to ask my parents for help, but they were just as clueless as me when it came to this subject.

My father worked for sales. And my mother was a cook for a small restaurant. 

Who uses Algebra in that field? Gosh.

I couldn't think of anyone else to ask for help, and now I actually tried to answer it by myself.

Great result actually.

Now, I'm stuck here staring at 35 more problems, my mind completely dumbfounded and amazed by the amount of X's and Y's it sees.

A few minutes later, my phone suddenly vibrated.

I opened it to see a text message from Kyuhyun-ssi,

"Annyeong Yumi-ssi! Are you at work right now? Mind if I drop by? ^^"

Aish. You tempted me to go to Everland and now I'm in serious trouble. You're such a tease, Cho Kyuhyun!

"I'm sorry, but I didn't go to work today. I'm in serious trouble right now, so I decided to stay at home to solve it. ^_^"

My phone vibrated as soon as I put it down on the table.

It was a message from Kyuhyun-ssi. Again.

"Why? What's the problem? do you need help? I could just drop by your house if you need a hand. ^.^"

Right at that moment, an idea suddenly hit me.

I remembered watching a show once, and it showed how great of a math geek Kyuhyun-ssi was.

Hmm. Could he actually be able to help me answer this crap?

Really, Kyuhyun-ssi's such a blessing from the heavens!

"Well, I could really use some help. ^^"

"Be there in 15 minutes."

Yes! I could actually be able to pass this test! Yoohoo~

----------------

A few minutes later, the door bell rang for a couple of times.

Woah, did he really think it was too serious of a problem? Kekeke~

I opened the door to see a worried, panting Kyuhyun-ssi in front of me.

He held my shoulders tightly, looked at my body, and looked into my eyes.

"Why? Are you hurt anywhere? Is there something wrong with Uncle and Auntie?!"

What the hell is he saying?

I can't help but chuckle at his nervous reactions.

"Come on! What's wrong?!" his eyes almost popped out of its sockets.

"Come inside, I'll show you what the problem is."

I led him to the living room and handed him my almost-blank test paper.

"This is the problem."

"W-what?"


 

=Kyuhyun's POV=

 

I quickly put on my shoes and ran to the bus stop.

Yumi-ssi seemed like she had a really huge problem right now, and I just can't sit at home and do nothing about it.

What if she's crying right now?

What if something bad happened to her? or her parents?

My heart beat anxiously as I got off the bus and ran my way to Yumi-ssi's house.

I arrived there in less than 10 minutes. Panting and sweating like crazy as I waited for the door to open.

After a couple of seconds, Yumi-ssi opened the door.

I quickly grasped her arms, checking if something was broken.

"Why? Are you hurt anywhere? Is there something wrong with Uncle and Auntie?!"

I looked around the house, and everything seemed to be perfectly normal.

Yumi-ssi stared at me for a few seconds, and started to chuckle by herself.

"Come on! What's wrong?!" I yelled at Yumi-ssi. Bewildered by her reaction.

"Come inside, I'll show you what the problem is." 

We then walked inside, and she handed me a paper full of Algebra problems.

"This is the problem." she shyly announced.

"W-what?"

"I'm telling you my problem already! I don't know how to answer this stupid test!" Yumi-ssi shot down on the couch and crossed her arms.

"i ran all the way here, just to answer an Algebra test?"

"Oh come on! My brain almost drained out of batteries just by thinking of ways how to answer these. You would help me answer this, wouldn't you?" she looked at me with her all too innocent eyes and batted her eyelashes hastily.

*sigh* This kid. Really.

"I'll answer it, but you're also going to answer these once I'm done. Give me a paper and pen." I muttered, accepting defeat.

---------------------

After about 20 minutes, I finished answering the remaining 35 questions.

"Hey Yumi, what's so hard about this? Now you try answe-"

I looked behind me to see an unconscious, sleeping Yumi-ssi in the couch.

was open as drool was approaching to get out of . 

I hurriedly closed , and curled the hair that was covering her face behind her ear.

*sigh* why didn't I see this happening? I should've let her answer first before trying to answer it myself.

Kekeke~ Guess I'll just teach her some other time.

I slowly got the test paper out of her grasp, and transferred all my answers in it.

I left the test paper on the table, kissed her forehead lightly, and turned to go home.

Better pray that all my answers are correct, Yumi-ssi. Goodnight~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------