New Friend

Maknae Still Believes in Fate!

=Yumi's POV=

 

I couldn't believe that Kyuhyun-ssi was once again before my eyes, sitting beside me in the bus.

I stared at him for a couple of seconds, and finally let out a sigh, relieved by the thought that it wasn't some weirdo who was following me.

I leaned back in my seat, and tried to sink in what just happened.

I let my rapidly beating heart calm down first, and when it did, I finally turned to Kyuhyun-ssi.

"K-kyuhyun-ssi, why didn't you just approach me a while ago? I thought you were trying to me or something." I whispered through heavy breaths.

Kyuhyun-ssi looked at me for a few seconds and started to chuckle a bit.

What the? What's wrong with this man!?

"W-what? It's not funny you know! You kept following me since I left the restaurant and I actually thought you were a stalker or something."

I didn't even know if I was supposed to call for help, or if I should go back to the restaurant and just spend the night there.

"Well, I didn't know how to approach you, so I decided to follow you instead." he shrugged.

*sigh* This clueless person.

"Whatever, at least it wasn't one of those stalkers anymore."

"Stalkers?" he curiously asked.

"It may not seem like it, but I actually have a lot of stalkers you know. I don't even know why. I'm not pretty or anything."

Oh great, why did I even mention the stalker thing? Now I feel like I sounded a little cocky back there.

I looked away from him, a little abashed with what I just told him.

Kyuhyun-ssi stood quiet for a few moments, and at the corner of my eye, I could see that he was staring at me.

He looked at me for a long while, and I've got to say that it felt really awkward.

I started to feel my cheeks starting to burn up, and I knew that I was going to flush into crimson by any minute now.

Why was he even staring? Perhaps...I've got dirt on my face?

I cleared my throat and turned to ask him,

"W-why, Kyuhyun-ssi? Is there something on my face?" I found my cheeks burn up and just had to touch it with my cool fingers for him not to notice my embarrassment.

He looked like he was thinking of what to say, and after a while, he answered.

"Nothing. I just..you're really beautiful." he muttered with his sultry, deep voice.

I felt my cheeks burn up and flush as red as a tomato at his straightforward remark. My heart hammered into my lungs and ribcage, and I felt my own jaw drop out of shock.

"I-I-I mean, have you considered of being a celebrity? You know, auditioning for the entertainment companies here? I bet you would pass SM." he said while looking away from my flushed face.

Aish. Stupid Yumi. What were you thinking?! Of course he'd ask this. What were you expecting, pabo. pabo. pabo!

"O-oh. I haven't thought about it. And I still want to finish college so, I guess I'm not planning to try that field." I tried hard to sound as normal as possible even though Kyuhyun-ssi probably saw how hard I blushed with his remark earlier.

"Oh, okay."

There were a few silent, awkward moments after that as no one wanted to talk first. It was so quiet that you could almost hear cricket sounds in the air.

Okay, Kyuhyun-ssi probably thinks I'm weird now. Great, Yumi. Just great.

"So, since when did you become an ELF?"

I felt my heart calm down instantly upon hearing the question. My mind felt lighter and my stomach fluttered a little with butterflies as a million stories came across my mind.

Without noticing it, I had already told countless stories to Kyuhyun-ssi about how I love them so much, especially Siwon oppa.

I was talking too much that we finally arrived at the bus stop, time flew by so fast.

The rear exit opened and I pulled Kyuhyun-ssi out of the bus as it approached to a close.

"Come on, Kyuhyun-ssi!"

Well, I still had a lot to say.

I kept on talking while we were walking towards my house, and after a few minutes, we finally arrived.

"We're here!" I stopped in front of our house and faced Kyuhyun-ssi to bid goodbye.

"Oh, so this is your house?"

I nodded.

"Oh okay, I guess I'll have to go now. Just text me if you can, or if you need anything. I just texted you my number. Goodnight, take care." Kyuhyun-ssi bowed and waved goodbye.

"Arasso, goodnight! take care too, Kyuhyun-ssi!" I found myself waving goodbye to him like a kid would do to her older brother.

I went inside the gate and checked my phone. True enough, Kyuhyun-ssi had already sent me a text message with his number.

I watched as Kyuhyun-ssi walked away from the house.

Thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi. It was really fun being with you.

I unlocked the door and went inside our house, my parents were already sleeping as it was 9:40pm already.

I went inside my room, lay down on my bed, and gave out a long sigh.

What a tiring day, but somehow, I don't feel that tired at all.

Such a weird day actually, who thought I would be able to meet Kyuhyun-ssi, and even have him walk me home?

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of the unexpected events.

Oh right! I didn't even thank him yet!

I opened my phone and started to type,

"Kyuhyun-ssi! I can't believe I actually forgot to thank you for bringing me home! Thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi! ^^ Take care, okay? Goodnight!"

Sent!

Hmm. He's probably in the bus right now.

Kyuhyun-ssi..is such a nice person.

I think he really just wants to be close to their fans. 

Being with him, actually made me feel very light-hearted.

He just has this aura that makes him approachable, I can't believe I spill that much stories a while ago. Kekeke~

I think...he would make a really good friend.

I guess I could consider him my friend, since he's oppa's friend, right?

I got up and grabbed Siwon oppa's picture from the study table.

 

Siwon oppa, you know what happened today? 

I just met Kyuhyun-ssi, and I had a really good time with him.

He's a really nice person, very caring and friendly.

I wish I could get to know him better, and someday, maybe I can get to know you too, right oppa?

Can I consider Kyuhyun-ssi as my older brother? since he's like your brother anyway.

Kekeke~ That would be nice.

I hope I could meet you someday too, oppa.

Goodnight. 

I put the picture back, lay down on my bed, and tightly shut my eyes as my eyelids grew heavier and heavier with every tick of the clock.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------