An ELF in Misery...

Maknae Still Believes in Fate!

"Hey kids! Come here and I'll give you your salaries for this month." Manager-oppa called.

"Be right there!" I hurriedly washed my hands after cleaning the tables.

It was a normal, hectic day in Joe's noodle house, the restaurant I was working for. But, there was one particular reason why I was somewhat more energetic and happy today. I was going to get my salary tonight~ and that also meant that I'll be able to buy what I've been working hard for. 

A ticket to Super show 4 encore in Seoul.

Yes, that was all I needed for my life to be complete right now. I wasn't able to go to previous super shows since we didn't have enough money, but now I have a job and am able to earn money for myself. Luckily, there was an encore super show, and now nothing and no one will stop me!

Tickets were sold out in less than a minute but luckily a friend of mine was able to get one since her father works for SM entertainment. She got it for free, but she was selling it to me for 80,000 won. Well, the real ticket price is 88,000, and there was no way for me to get a ticket for myself since they were already sold out, so in a way, it was still worth it.

"Okay, next!" I happily ran up to the manager's table, excited to get my salary and grab my precious ticket.

"Hmmm. Yumi-shi, okay this is your salary. Good job and go home safely."

I instantly grabbed the envelope and opened it to count the amount of money, well just to make sure.

"Only 50,000 won?? But, why?!" 

"You got the 30,000 won in advance last month since you told me your mother needed it." 

"B-but...ugh. Nevermind." 

I was seriously this close to crying at that point. I've been working so hard this month...almost sacrificing my meals and my studies, just to receive this?!

But whatever, this ain't stopping me from seeing my hubby.

Oh yes, did I forget to introduce him to you? My hubby, my husband, my one-and-only, my One True Love as what they call it. Yes, I love him. I love Choi Siwon. Ever since the day I saw him on tv, the day I first saw those pure, sincere eyes, that perfect set of white teeth, that black, luminous hair, those huge, "king sized" dimples that were as deep as the pacific. That was it for me. No falling in love with other men than Choi Siwon.

And nothing, I tell you. Nothing will prevent me from seeing him tomorrow. Even if I have to kill somebody just to get those freakin' tickets! *well I was just kidding, of course my Shisus wouldn't want that, would he?* 

I started to text countless people whom I can borrow money from. Well, I do have a lot of friends in school, but I don't have anyone that I'm close with, so I consider almost all of them my friends. 

"Hi friend~! I badly BADLY need your help right noww. Could you come to the grocery near the school? -.-"

And there, I waited. waited. waited. WAITED

Okay, I give up. *Sigh* Why don't I have anyone I'm close with anyways?! I guess these are some of the disadvantages. Hmmm.

"Oh right! Appa!!"


 

"Appa!!"

I dashed to the living room to find Umma and Appa eating their dinner.

"Oh Yumi-ah, you arrived?" My smiling father called tenderly.

"Come on, you should eat with us." My mother called.

"I'm fine. I actually ate before I left work. But, appa, you know, I have this really, really big problem... I feel so helpless, appa..."

I started to sniffle and actually faked some of my tears. *don't get me wrong okay?! I don't usually lie, it's just...there's nothing else I can do at this point*

"What is it, honey?" My appa held my hand and pulled me into his arms.

"Don't tell me... You're pregnant?!"

"Aniyo! No way, appa!"

"Then, what is it??"

Hmmm. How will I make this work?!?

"Actually appa, this problem could affect my future, our future. I might not be able to have kids, you'll not have any grandchildren. And...I think I might grow old and die alone without anyone taking care of me."

"What?! Why Yumi-ah? Tell me, I promise, I'll do anything it'll take to solve your problem." My father finally said.

"Anything?" I started to wipe my "tears" dry.

"Of course! You're my one and only daughter. I'll give you everyhting you want!"

"Well...there's this Super Junior concert."

*Okay, I'm gonna be dead by now*

"What!?" My mother furiously shouted. She's someone who's usually against all this 'craziness' as she calls it.

Seriously, this is not craziness. This is love, umma.

"I can't believe you did this to your father again! You tricked him for that stupid boyband again. Yah Yoonsu, if you give your daughter that ticket, I'm really not talking to you anymore!" 

"Umma!" I yelled.

"I can't believe you're spoiling her! Look here, you've bought her every single cd, dvd, poster, photobook... If you keep up with this, she's never getting over this delusional thought of marrying that idol!"

"Umma! I'm not delusional... don't talk about me as if I'm crazy or something! Someday, I am gonna meet him! I'm gonna marry him! So please, let me see the concert? Appa, let me see Siwon oppa?" I pleaded with tears starting to build up in my eyes. Well, this time it was actually real. I felt like someone was continuously tearing my heart to pieces as my mother was telling me that I was never going to marry my oppa.

"See? She's actually believing this crap! Yoonsu, you talk to your daughter. I've had enough of this stupid problems for a day." My mother angrily walked to the kitchen.

My father softly wiped my tears and squeezed my hand for comfort. We had a lot of conversations like this, and even though my mother was always harsh towards me, my father would always be the warmth that will keep me strong and loyal to this family.

"Yumi-ah, how much do you need?" my father whispered very softly for my mother not to hear.

"Appa!" I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheeks with gratefulness. 

"Hahaha! Oh come on Yumi, you think I wouldn't keep my promise?" He smiled widely.

"Appa?"

"hmm?"

"I love you so much!!" I hugged him as tightly as I could and went to my room.

 

 

"Siwon oppa, did you hear?

My appa is going to give me money tomorrow so I can buy the ticket to the show!

Oppa, i'm so excited! I can't wait to see you... I'm actually having a hard time at work and school now,

But knowing that you also work so hard, I never give up!

Thank you for showing me what love and life is! Saranghaeyo~ ^^"

I gently kissed his picture and placed it back on the table beside my bed.

Goodnight oppa, God Bless you. I love you.

and there I slowly drifted to dreamland.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------