Realising What Was Obvious All Along.

The Bad Boy Or The Dork?

 

PARK BOM'S POV:
 
 
 
The car drive to the court hall was long, quiet and awkward. There had been a few moments where Jiyong had grabbed my hand to hold it but I had pulled away which made him pout and ask me what's wrong. I'd just tell him I was nervous and turn the other way.
 
 
When we got to the Court Hall he got out of the car and held my door open for me.
 
"Don't be nervous babe, everything's gonna be okay.. We're gonna win this thing" he reassured me and I smiled him.
 
"I know, I'm not as nervous anymore" I told him as we walked through the building and into the court room.
 
 
When we opened the doors everyone starred at us like we had just murdered five people. Then it hit me, I was in the same room as my dad. My breathing became uneven and I started to shake, but I put on a brave face and took my place in the court room.
 
 
The court session began and I was asked questions.
 
"Is the man who abused you in this room right now?" They asked.
 
I scanned the room and spotted my father in the crowd. I gulped down the lump in my throat and nodded.
"Yes."
 
"Is the man your biological father? True of False?" 
 
"True" I answered.
 
"So he is related by blood?"
 
"Yes".
 
 
A large screen came down from the roof and pictures of the blood stained room and the cuts and bruises that once graced my body. All the memories began rushing back through my head, those terrifying 2 hours that i was locked in that room with him for. Every single second of it rushed through my head. 
 
 
I began to feel dizzy and uneasy, also very sick to my stomach. It's funny though in a way, because this moment reminded me of one of the reasons why I loved Jiyong so much. He really would do anything for me, he is an amazing guy and he was there for me when no one else was. He took me into his home, he healed my wounds. Physical and emotional. He constantly made me feel worth something, made me feel beautiful. Maybe I already know the answer. Is he the one? Maybe so, only time can tell.
 
 
I smiled ever so slightly to myself and rested my head on his shoulder and held his hand.
 
"You okay babe?" He whispered.
 
"I'm just feeling a little uneasy" I whispered back; interlocking our fingers.
 
He gave me an encouraging smile and whispered,
"don't worry, I'm here it's gonna be alright. No ones gonna hurt you ever again" he told me.
 
 
This made me realise something. He wasn't a Bad Boy at all, sure he had the image and he did some bad things now and then. But the truth is this guy is just my cuddly sweet Jiyongie Oppa. I'm not picking between a Bad Boy and and a Dork, I'm picking between my BoyFriend and my Best Friend. Doesn't putting it that way make it seem a bit more obvious as to whom I choose?
 
 
Suddenly while our lawyer was explaining everything my dad stood up and started yelling,
 
"It's all lies!! I never did such thing!!" He was about to walk towards me but the police grabbed him. Jiyong's grip on me tightened as he shielded me just incase my dad got out of the polices grip.
 
"When I get my hands on you I'm gonna!!" He began ranting on, it was scaring me and I didn't know what to do. 
 
 
The judge hit the desk with her little wooden hammer, 
"This court session is over, everyone please exit so the jury can have a moment to decide." She announced.
 
 
I watched the police drag my father out and I gulped, Jiyong blocked my view,
"Come on, you don't need to watch that" he said leading me out of the room.
 
 
When we walked out I was greeted by a face I longed to see.
 
"UMMA!!!!!!" I shouted and ran into her arms. She smiled and hugged me but pulled away to look at me.
 
 
"Oh Bommie!! Look how you've grown!! So beautiful! You're definitely not a little girl anymore" she said smiling.
 
I blushed and complained, "umma! Don't embarrass me in front of my boyfriend!!"
 
She laughed and Jiyong took that as a sign to step forward. My mother smiled and hugged him.
 
"Ohh! Bom!! You have such a good eye for men! He's so handsome" she complimented him making him blush.
 
 
I giggled and wrapped my arms around Jiyong proudly,
"Umma, this is Jiyong" I said, introducing him.
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you miss Park" he greeted her and she smiled,
 
"I would say the same Jiyong" she replied and sighed.
 "Bom, I'm so sorry I left you behind" she apologised.
 
I smiled, "it's okay. You're here now and that's all that matters." I said and she smiled.
 
 
A few minutes we were all called back into the court room and we sat down. A representative from the Jury walked to the centre and cleared his throat.
"We find the defendant..."
 
I gulped and squeezed Jiyong's hand.
 
"Guilty!!" He announced.
 
 
My father was taken away and I jumped into Jiyong's arms.
 
"I told you everything was going to be okay" he said to me and hugged me tightly.
 
"Come on let's go home and cuddle." I said standing up and pulling him up.
 
"Don't you wanna go with your Umma?" He asked.
 
"No, I want to stay with you" I said hugging him tightly.
 
He smiled, 
"Did I win?" He asked.
 
"Maybe... I'll have my decision tomorrow. Right now I need some time with you."
 
 
____________________
Only a few chapters to go!!